SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Just another intro...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
LogoPhilius

Florida

Just another intro...

Hey, all.

I'm Glenn. I'm a non-denom guy living in the Tampa Bay, Florida area working in the medical field. Became a Christian in 1991 or so when I moved here from Massachussetts (I can relate to the posts of one gentleman from western Mass who testifies on this site that he doesn't know a single believer up there - they are few and far between).

Shortly after my arrival in Florida, I met a few folks who expoused the love of Christ in their lives. Man, I thought that was weird. A little too... goody-two-shoes'ed to me, but they were nice, at least.

As time passed, I recognized a contentment in these Christ followers that I did not have. But I also knew to join them, I would likely have to turn away from many of the things that were improtant to me. Well, one big one in particular. I will spare you the details, but it was the thing that is most important to most 15-year-old non-Christian boys.

Nonetheless, God's love compelled me that Christ died for all (2 Co 5:14), for the idea of eternity was written on my heart (Ecc 3:11) from an early age. And somewhere at the beginning of my sophomore year in high school, I turned from my sins and turned to God. I asked Him to be an active part in my life, and I chose to believe in Him and partake in His plans for me.

Presently, about 16-17 years later, I follow Christ as best as he enables in the medical field. I attend a church which ascribes generally to the theology of Dallas Theological Seminary and the Bible Church movement of the early 1900's. I do some music stuff there, and have been seen carrying a 12-string guitar. It's even rumored that I can play it...

In my walk with Christ, I am moderately strong in the Word and fellowship, but count myself very poor in the areas of prayer and evangelism. I long for the days of college when I would wander the dormitory halls leading friends to Christ and teaching them to do the same...

I hope that I can say this correctly. It is my desire to search out forums that will challenge me to grow closer to Christ. I do have a tendency to be drawn to the more divisive forums and want to get my licks in on the KJVO debate, or the Bentley Blasting (which I am ashamed to say I have already partaken in), and I'm not certain that really helps me out. So if you see me offering my opinion on things just for the heck of it, feel free to tell me to butt out ;-) . I'm not sure if that made sense or not, and I hope it does not cause offense. I'm looking inwardly at my tendencies and needs at this point in my life, and not outwardly at other posters when I say that.

Thanks for having me. Thus far I have been encouraged by the depth of many of the posters here, and how the majority of folks are willing to look at things objectively and debate civilly (for the most part :-P ). It is my hope to grow closer to Christ through the sermons, and I may darken the doorsteps of the forums from time to time as well.

2008/7/26 19:33Profile
Compton

Re: Just another intro...

Hi Glenn,

Quote:
A little too... goody-two-shoes'ed to me

Have we met before? ;-)

Welcome to this place. I had to do a double take when I first saw your forum name, because there is another brother here from time to time by the name of Philologos.

It's good to have you here.

MC

2008/7/26 20:24Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Greetings in Jesus Name,

Great to have you registered on the website. May the Lord bless you and enourage you as you seek more of Him. If you haven't yet do listen to these life-changing messages:

[b]Reality in the Christian Life by Zac Poonen[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4272

[b]Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=282

[b]An Interview with Leonard Ravenhill (video) by Leonard Ravenhill[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1702

[b]Judgment Seat of Christ by Leonard Ravenhill[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=235

2008/7/26 20:40Profile
LogoPhilius

Florida

Re:

Compton,

I noticed Philologos' name after I registered, and almost re-registered because of that, but decided against it. So no, that's a different bloke than I.

2008/7/26 22:24Profile
LogoPhilius

Florida

Re:

Greg,

I appreciate the suggestions, and your work on the site. Thank you for all you do to manage it.

I enjoyed 10 shekels. I am currently struggling to figure out how to download the sermons and get them on cds I can hear in the car, but I'll save that discussion for the "how to" forum that is last on the discussion page. Once I figure it out, I'll get those other three to accompany me to work and around town.

Thanks again.

2008/7/26 22:26Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy