SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Todd Bentley's power question?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
poet

Longview WA

Todd Bentley's power question?

Since Todd Bentley started this whole healing revival thing, I have been doing some study.
Which brings us to more questions.
IF? Todd's power is due to a Kundalini Awakening,
and can administer the Shaktipat, "Anointing impartation" haha. Transference...
we are soooo idolatrous.
which I think is not what Hindu's believe it to be but actually demonic.
if you consider the fruit of this awakening and the side effects that you'll need deliverence from, and healing from..supposedly the greatest healing power on earth... "deception"

Any way,, the big question?
this power being demonic?!!
Where is the praying believer that is spirit filled, with the gift of discernment, who can stop this circus or at least make a fool out of Todd on stage?

I was reading a Smith Wigglesworth book, and he was telling a story about a friend who went to a spiritist' meeting and he sat quietly in this meeting and prayed his heart out and then they turned the lights low and started to pray or whatever it is they do, but it wasnt long before they stopped the meeting and the leader said there is a Christian here in this meeting and he is praying, thus stopping the manifestations..
so everyone is looking around trying to figure out who the infiltrator is, but this guy looks around like he's trying to find the spy,, he get's a little nervous but the meeting is cancelled and they all leave.

I was wondering if any body has thoughts on this?
Is God judging the church?
Or is he being longsuffering?
If this junk comes to my church, could I pray it away?
It scares me.. thanks for any imput...

2008/7/25 0:42Profile

Re: Elijah was sent...and divided everyone!

My thoughts Poet: Elijah was sent. He was first commissioned and anointed by God himself. Then, he stood in confidence against all of Hell itself, the fire came down, and the end for the Prophets of Baal. Jehu was also commissioned and anointed, and destroyed the power of Jezebel, and all remaining vestige of her influence.

I see Bentley as somewhat of a tool in God's hand. He is bringing division, but sometimes God sends testings to. Who do we love.? Why does God sometimes send Strong delusion? "Because they received [b]NOT[/b] the love of the Truth. The Truth is a Person.

In the parable of the harvest, the word states that the "Harvest is the end of the Age!" and that the Angels are sent, to "BUNDLE" the Tares; the poison grass that looks like Wheat. We see that the Harvest is not only a gathering of the Righteous, but also a gathering of the wicked.

I believe that God has sent strong delusion to America, and by influence the World. This is certainly not the first wave of lying filth to sweep our nation, but to me, and to many, many others, it is the most [b]Obvious.[/b]

The bizarre nature of Todd Bentley's ministry is incredulous, jaw droppingly obvious, that this crude manifestation of "revival" is from the dark underworld. It is exceedingly distant from holy standards, and the heart of the meek and lowly Jesus, as far as the east is from the west. It is void of Love, and the fruits of the Holy Spirit. It possesses the fruits of unholy spirits; demons.

The doctrines of the demons and imps that bear this ugly fruit, have been well documented right here, as well as anywhere I suppose. Yet established and famous men flock to endorse him. Why do you suppose that this is?

This is more alienated from Jesus's truth and Peace than Mormonism, or Scientology. It is closer to Hinduism than any thing I have seen, with it's many manifestations of fallen angels.

This is strong delusion sent [or allowed.]by God, to test our hearts. Those who love their ministry; future's, experience and selves above the Christ and His Cross, are being devoured.

There has been a trumpet of warning sounded! Many are drunk though, and have breathed in the opiate like delusion of the Devil that operates through this anointing. I don't know how they can return without strong repentence and renouncing of this filth. They must love Jesus more than their lives...for this [receiving and believing Bentley.] will bundle you with the fortunes of those in the lake of fire.

I am amazed that it is really happening, as much as I have seen as the many leaders and multitudes fall under Baalzebub's spell. God allowed it, and could have sent it. He has before to test those who love Him more than any other.

2008/7/25 7:37

Re:

Wow... Tom... stealing my thunder again!?! :-P

I can add nothing to what Tom said except "AMEN"!

Krispy

2008/7/25 7:40

Re: Trust and Goliath

I suppose Krispy that we are learning to trust one another, as the PM I sent you stated. We have different thoughts on some of the small stuff[not many] but we lock arms and stand together when the real assault comes.

If this is not Goliath, it is one of his cousins. Established men of God see Bentley as the incarnation of John Wesley sharing his anointing with William Branaham. People are bowing down to him as the first American Apostle! Someone ought to do a list of the prominent leaders who have endorsed him in glowing and Biblical accolades. IT is preposterous!

This is what seducing spirits do! This is what seducing spirits do!
[b]HEAR ME![/b]

Unscriptural and bizarre encounters and ideas, declared as demonic in the Holy Writ are [b]EXALTED![/b], while warnings and holy counsel from the Word is [b]IGNORED![/b] has brought about a psychological bending in Judgement and discernment. These National leaders actually [b]SEE[/b] something like Holy Light in and Around Bentley. They believe; have faith, and encompass him as they would a John the Baptist in Jesus's day.

This is [b]Strong Delusion. [/b] They may have received a spirit. A devil distorts conscience. It twists discernment. It literally sees, as Hell sees.

The Bible no longer is the compass. The Bible is now bent into the arena of "My Experience." The holy discernment within is now quenched [that can happen you know...it's called "falling away."] and your actual belief system distorts, and then you love what you previously hated. This is the warning that sermonindex and friends have been sounding! "Hear what the Spirit is saying to the Churches". tom

2008/7/25 18:10
poet

Longview WA

Re:

Prayer is apparently the only answer, and also being equipped with knowledge to give to those God sends our way who are looking for the truth..
Thanks.

2008/7/25 18:14Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
The Bible no longer is the compass. The Bible is now bent into the arena of "My Experience."

This mentality is [i]everywhere[/i] and it so happens that Bentley is the poster boy for the dramatic manifestation of it. You will encounter this concept among folks who know little or nothing of Bentley which will render that more dangerous because it is so subtle. It is an "I think, I believe" doctrine that exists apart from revealed TRUTH as found in the scriptures.

Excellent article, Tom.

ginnyrose

2008/7/25 18:48Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Todd Bentley's power question?

Remember, false prophets ultimately serve God's purpose in as much wolfs prey on sickly, unprotected sheep and vultures devour carcasses. They help to seperate the fake from the real and carnal from the spiritual. This may sound cruel, but the bible predicted it. If you stop one, more will fill the gap. In Elijah's time the false prophets outnumbered the real 450:1. May be the same ratio applies today? Jesus said

Quote:

John 10
1"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. 3The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

narrowpath

2008/7/25 20:43Profile

Re:

some thoughts..

I suppose Krispy that we are learning to trust one another, as the PM I sent you stated. We have different thoughts on some of the small stuff[not many] but we lock arms and stand together when the real assault comes.

If this is not Goliath, it is one of his cousins. Established men of God see Bentley as the incarnation of John Wesley sharing his anointing with William Branaham. People are bowing down to him as the first American Apostle! Someone ought to do a list of the prominent leaders who have endorsed him in glowing and Biblical accolades. IT is preposterous!

This is what seducing spirits do! This is what seducing spirits do!
[b]HEAR ME![/b]

Unscriptural and bizarre encounters and ideas, declared as demonic in the Holy Writ are [b]EXALTED![/b], while warnings and holy counsel from the Word is [b]IGNORED![/b] has brought about a psychological bending in Judgement and discernment. These National leaders actually [b]SEE[/b] something like Holy Light in and Around Bentley. They believe; have faith, and encompass him as they would a John the Baptist in Jesus's day.

This is [b]Strong Delusion. [/b] They may have received a spirit. A devil distorts conscience. It twists discernment. It literally sees, as Hell sees.

The Bible no longer is the compass. The Bible is now bent into the arena of "My Experience." The holy discernment within is now quenched [that can happen you know...it's called "falling away."] and your actual belief system distorts, and then you love what you previously hated. This is the warning that sermonindex and friends have been sounding! "Hear what the Spirit is saying to the Churches". tom

2008/7/27 22:23

Re: Ginny rose: Vegetarianism?

No repentence, no Godly sorrow, no rejection of inward sin. Experience God. "experience the revival" "experience it again!"[ godtv advertisement for Bentley in replays."

It is the 3rd generation of the Charismatic Ecumenical Renewal, in the 1960s. It was established upon the Catholic community receiving the gift of "tongues", which then became a passport into the Evangelical pentecostal world . It was the watershed event that changed 2000 years of Evangelical theology...in that experience became the anchor of faith, trumping Doctrine, which kept the Roman's outside of the camp since Constantine.

Somewhere in this unrepentant and self centered "experience", came the doctrines of prosperity; happiness, health, and well being attaching itself to the positive God experience, and soon became a RIGHT. After all , we are the head, and not the tail! We are the favorites.....and some short 40 years later, it is ALL about experience...and nothing about our part to believe, and turn to Him, for mercy and acceptance.

Repenting, turning from our Death workings inside of us, and outside of us, and then, in broken faith, we trust in God, as our Lord and Master. We no longer lean on experience, but faith, through the Holy writ.

This was at stake, when the CER [ Charismatic Ecumenical Revival} began. Singing in tongues, for perhaps hours, was commonplace. [I remember the end of it.] Then, alas, the gospel was no longer about knowing God, and enduring as an over comer in Him, but an experience!; Apostolic preaching from pulpits became more rare each day. Experience God here!...became the drive of the church, coupled with a numbers game, for more...Numbers meant everything, especially success. This naturally developed into the prophetic experience, and has mimicked revivals of old. Now, with the Bam Man, that's it. Strobe lights will enhance your experience and entertainment, as will small impartations of ancient Imps awaiting to give you a thrill.

Not one verifiable healing, as far as we know....with at least 26 resurrections from the dead claimed. Not one, but you can surely EXPERIENCE the joy of a large crowd, AS IF... the dead were raised. Heavy metal Rock music.....Black nites ; strobes shooting electrically....Karate power on the diseased; shimmering shaking, faster than the eye percieves, and reports of Angels here with us, and Jesus visiting in his majesty, with thundering applause as if He really came, and was going to rapture them.....Right THEN!

Ginny, this is our time at bat. The Lord is looking at what we will do, when the wolf comes to graze among us. Will we be shocked when we discover he is not there for the grass?

ginny rose wrote:

Quote:
The Bible no longer is the compass. The Bible is now bent into the arena of "My Experience."

This mentality is [i]everywhere[/i] and it so happens that Bentley is the poster boy for the dramatic manifestation of it. You will encounter this concept among folks who know little or nothing of Bentley which will render that more dangerous because it is so subtle. It is an "I think, I believe" doctrine that exists apart from revealed TRUTH as found in the scriptures.

Excellent article, Tom.

ginny rose

2008/7/27 23:12

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy