· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Dismayed--Steve Hill/John Kilpatrick/Todd Bentley

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
learn

Dismayed--Steve Hill/John Kilpatrick/Todd Bentley

I've read this forum for some time now and enjoy especially the sermons that are posted here.

Somehow I got very interested in the Brownsville Revival and at first thought it could be genuine initially but not the later part after reading many posts here. Now I'm not so sure after I saw this youtube video where Steve Hill, John Kilpatrick were praying for Todd Bentley in the Florida Revival, basically endorsing Todd Bentley. I'm dismayed and feel that I need to alert you all to this especially since most of you here know that Todd Bentley is false but think that the Brownsville Revival, Steve and John are real. But how many of you have actually seen this clip? Maybe John and Steve have stumbled in their walk with God but their endorsement of Todd Bentley really leaves me wondering. For me, I rather follow those that I know are really with God such as Paul Washer, Leonard Ravenhill, John Wesley etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEIp11FnuSg

2008/7/24 14:09Profile
MrBillPro

Houston,Texas

Re: Dismayed--Steve Hill/John Kilpatrick/Todd Bentley

Quote:

learn wrote:
Maybe John and Steve have stumbled in their walk with God but their endorsement of Todd Bentley really leaves me wondering.

Appears lots of good Christians are doing some stumbling in there walk because of folks like Bentley and also Matthew Stephens. We actually had one of our well respected long time members bring this Matthew Stephens "who used to be hooked up with Todd Bentley" to our Church Home a few weeks ago to speak words over our pastor, when I found out about this "through my daughter" I was just suddenly sick at my stomach all of a sudden. Folks I personally think some Christians are so full of God and his Word or just plain bored that they feel they need to step out into new waters without even testing the water or better yet testing the spirits. They better wake up and get back to the basics of bringing in the lost sheep, and quit worrying about folks like Todd Bentley and Matthew Stephens and his magic wand that thinks he is Gods man of the hour for destruction of America with Gods destructive judgments.

Brother Bill

2008/7/24 14:28Profile
DelightedInU

Escondido, CA

Re:

You can find something wrong with every single pastor, teacher and Christian. Even "the greats". Let me listen to enough sermons and I will find something that is out of line with scripture, whether it be blatant or not, overstated or understated. Or simply the manner in which the pastor or Christian is portraying God or the pastors attitude of arrogance or lack of love.

We are all human. We ALL get deceived. We all mess up and sin. None of us are fully perfected yet.

I think we need to stop naming names, pointing out other people failures and mistakes and start pointing to the Truth. If we are so concerned with truth and not being deceived, then let's get out there and start teaching Truth ourselves. It does no good to point out failure without offering a solution. And it certainly doesn't portray us as very Christlike when we are stripping and laying open and naked our brothers and sisters with the words that come out of our mouths.

If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

2008/7/24 14:53Profile
MrBillPro

Houston,Texas

Re:

Quote:

DelightedInU wrote:
I think we need to stop naming names, pointing out other people failures and mistakes and start pointing to the Truth.

So if I just traveled down a path and there were poisonous snakes on both sides, I should just move on and not warn others? I am not sure but this appears to be what you are saying, could you please clarify?
Thanks
Mr. Bill

Brother Bill

2008/7/24 15:05Profile
DelightedInU

Escondido, CA

Re:

I'm saying - point out the false doctrine AND also point to the real Truth.

But as for the man in which the false doctrine comes forth from - "let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

2008/7/24 15:27Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

DelightedInU wrote:

Quote:

But as for the man in which the false doctrine comes forth from - "let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Brother... how can you place the two in the same sentence? Sin is sin, but the bible teaches how to deal with both, and it is not the same.

Is there something you do not understand about dealing with false prophets? Is the Lord not clear in His teachings? Does the Lord command us to give quarter to false prophets...

“May you so live, that when you stand over your child's dead body, you may never hear a voice coming up from that clay, "Father, your negligence was my destruction! Mother, your prayerlessness was the instrument of my damnation!"

"Impress these words of Mine on your hearts and minds . . . Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deuteronomy 11:18-19 - Charles Spurgeon

2008/7/24 15:37Profile
DelightedInU

Escondido, CA

Re:

God hates them and He will condemn them - not us.

2008/7/24 15:46Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

DelightedInU wrote:

Quote:

God hates them and He will condemn them - not us.

100% spot on except that God will judge them on that final day as well. That we cannot do.

But, you missed everything else in the bible that talks about how to deal with them while they are here on earth.

Other then that, we are not that far off. :-)

“May you so live, that when you stand over your child's dead body, you may never hear a voice coming up from that clay, "Father, your negligence was my destruction! Mother, your prayerlessness was the instrument of my damnation!"

"Impress these words of Mine on your hearts and minds . . . Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deuteronomy 11:18-19 - Charles Spurgeon

2008/7/24 15:53Profile
learn

Re:

DelightedinU

You seem to have certain things confused.

Now if a person makes a mistake such as being rude to his spouse, talking bad about this or discussing it will be wrong. However, if there are false prophets or people who may be misleading others/endorsing false prophets, then we are to highlight and warn others.

Or are we going to say that we refuse to say this because we do not want to judge (and start quoting the Bible verse on it), or because we are nitpicking others etc. Then our behaviour is wrong.

Just as Paul Washer mentioned in 1 of his sermon and I will paraphrase it:

Now if you walk past 2 robbers who are raping my wife and refuse to help just because you say it will hurt/offend them, I will be extremely angry at you.

Same goes, if you have a loved one that follows a false prophet and I refuse to warn your loved one by quoting the reason that you quoted above, then will not you be angry at me. Will I not have done wrong in the eyes of God.

Many times we tend to judge/discuss more then we should. However, many times too people refuse to condemn/highlight things that they should have by giving the excuse that we should not judge and other reasons when they should have highlighted it.

God judges everything, our thoughts and not just our actions. Leonard Ravenhill shared what A W Tozer said. Tozer was more worried about what he could have done but didn't do (more than what he had done) when it was time to give an accounting to God

2008/7/24 15:58Profile
learn

Re:

DelightedinU

By highlighting this, we are warning others to be careful of who they follow. And always try to follow the 'best pastors' ie those that we really know are from God and avoid the dubious ones. This has nothing to do with 'judging them' in the context that you seem to imply

2008/7/24 16:03Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy