Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 The Lord My Portion by Watchman Nee

[b]The Lord My Portion[/b]
[i]by Watchman Nee[/i]

Lay thou thy treasure in the dust, . . . and the Almighty will be thy treasure. Job 22.24, 25.

Generally speaking, believers seem to have financial difficulties. This is due either to their inability to continue on with whatever improper occupations they had engaged in before or to some spiritual reason for which God is dealing with them specifically. God sometimes takes our wealth away so as to induce us to seek after Christ that He might have the preeminence in all things. It is not

impossible for the rich to enter the kingdom of God, it is just difficult for them to do so.
God dealt with the children of Israel in the wilderness by depriving them of earthly supplies of food and clothing so that they might recognize the abundance of God. As the supplies on earth ceased, the supplies from heaven came. Material difficulties drive us to seek after the Lord, to learn the lesson of faith, and know Christ as the first in all things.

2008/7/24 10:00Profile
Lor_E

Montana USA

Re: The Lord My Portion by Watchman Nee

Quote:
God sometimes takes our wealth away so as to induce us to seek after Christ that He might have the preeminence in all things.

AMEN!!!

And when once we learn that Christ is preeminent in ALL things, there is NO struggle that overwhelms us, because no struggle overwhelms Him and all struggles, all joys, and all trusts are rolled onto Him!

.. [i]neither life nor death nor any other thing shall seperate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus[/i]

[i] make me neither poor, nor rich [/i]

[i] If we trust God to make a home for us in a place we can not see, nor fully understand, why do we not trust Him for those things that we experience here on this earth? [i] - my hubby

2008/7/25 15:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy