SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : He gave me a new heart!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rbanks

He gave me a new heart!

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

I have read where Watchman Nee and others talk about receiving a new heart with the new birth, and not a changed heart or cleansed heart.

They bring out from the bible that we get a new heart. Even in He. 10:22 they say it is not the new heart that is cleansed but that we are cleansed from the evil conscience so that it doesn’t effect are new heart.

They say because the bible says that the heart is desperately wicked who can know it, that we are given a new heart not a changed or renewed heart.

Also it seems to me that we are to leave the ground of the old man taking the ground of the new man. It seems that the new man has the new heart and the old man still has the sinful heart. The bible teaches us to not try and change the old man but to put him off.

Many have said that the Lord changed my heart; instead of saying He gave me a new heart.

Do you have any insights concerning the new heart?

2008/7/23 22:47Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Keep your heart as you would a prisoner

I think Thomas Watson may have something to say about this heart business:

[i]"Keep your heart as you would a prisoner. The heart is guilty, and is ready every now and then to break prison. We need to lay bolts and fetters upon it. A prisoner in the jail may promise that he will not stir, but when he sees an opportunity, if you do not watch him, he will file off his fetters and be gone. So the heart promises that it will keep from such sins, but if you are not careful it will steal out to vanity. Therefore, keep your heart as a prisoner: When you perceive it breaking loose, lay chains and fetters upon it; bind it fast with the terrors of the law; keep it with the flaming sword of a reproof. As John the Baptist said to Herod in Mark 6:18, "It is not lawful for thee to have thy brother's wife," so say to your heart, "It is not lawful for you to meddle with forbidden fruit. You may not be proud, vain, or earthly." Lay the commands of God upon your heart. A man may be too jealous of his friend, but he cannot be too jealous of his heart. Let it be kept a close prisoner."[/i]

- Thomas Watson, from "A Spiritual Watch"

2008/7/23 22:54Profile
mamaluk

Re: He gave me a new heart!

Psalms 51:10

[i]Create[/i] in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

One needs a newness of heart to walk in the Spirit..a preacher once said that God is not in the repairing business but in the creating anew.

Matthew 9:16
No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature

Ephesians 4:24
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

The new man probably won't go far without a new heart.

In Christ,
Margaret

2008/7/23 23:07Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

It seems to me that if one has a clean heart they have a new one :-)

2008/7/23 23:10Profile
rbanks

Re:

Thanks for your post brethren and very interesting.

Here are some more verses.

Pr 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Lu 8:15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Ac 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

One scripture tells us to keep our heart with all diligence, another one talks about having an honest and good heart. The last one talks about Satan filling the heart to lie to the Holy Ghost.

What more could we learn about the new heart we receive by the new birth and our own heart which is desperately wicked?

2008/7/23 23:15Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: He gave me a new heart!

All the glory to God, me to. Not just a new heart, but a heart full of love and charity.

When God saved me the greatest, but simplest thing happened. He gave me a new heart and changed the contents of my heart. Now I have love and charity in my heart and all desires flowing in an outward direction. So simple but such a blessing, and such a God given power over my flesh to serve the kingdom of God through love, the manifestation of God on earth.

An unconverted heart is a vessel full of covetousness and greed that coats the image of fallen man and reflects the spirit of the present world.

Become a clay vessel full of love of God. reflect the image of Jesus The Fountain of love on earth. We are the water bottles He fills with God's love. We have something to give to drink to those that thirst for God’s love.

Many defile their vessel and are broken and become discarded potsherd in the field of the dead, that is this present world.

Eddie

2008/7/24 8:09Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy