SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is God really Limited on the earth

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rbanks

Is God really Limited on the earth

We know God has all power but the scripture seems to reveal that God is Limited by having to work through man.

Any thoughts?

2008/7/18 22:57Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re: Is God really Limited on the earth

Quote:
Any thoughts?

If there is limitation in God it is self-imposed for His own purposes. Certainly God is not at a loss for a means for working in the earth. God spoke through a mule once to do His will (Numbers 22:28). He spoke from a whirlwind in Job and from a burning bush to Moses. He used a staff in Moses hand. He used Ravens to feed Elijah. He used a large fish to swallow Jonah. He used a smooth stone to kill Goliath.

[color=000066]
(Luk 19:29) And it came to pass, when he was come nigh to Bethphage and Bethany, at the mount called the mount of Olives, he sent two of his disciples,

(Luk 19:30) Saying, Go ye into the village over against you; in the which at your entering ye shall find a colt tied, whereon yet never man sat: loose him, and bring him hither.

(Luk 19:31) And if any man ask you, Why do ye loose him? thus shall ye say unto him, Because [u]the Lord hath need of him[/u].
[/color]

God had 'need' of a mule because He prophesied Jesus would come riding on it. I think also of how Jesus used waterpots, nets, baskets and boats. His prayer shawl was a point of contact for a healing. In fact, when the people were praising Him He said if they held their peace [i]the rocks[/i] would cry out (Luke 19:40). He could have also raised up of the stones children unto Abraham.

So I don't think that God really 'needs' man except that He has said He would use man to accomplish his purposes. The angels are in on this also having been sent forth to minister unto the heirs of salvation, etc. many other examples. So it seems to be a pretty diverse quiver He is drawing from. ;-)

2008/7/19 0:42Profile
rbanks

Re:

Quote:

RobertW wrote:
Quote:
Any thoughts?

So I don't think that God really 'needs' man except that He has said He would use man to accomplish his purposes. The angels are in on this also having been sent forth to minister unto the heirs of salvation, etc. many other examples. So it seems to be a pretty diverse quiver He is drawing from. ;-)

Lu 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Mt 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mt 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Mt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Here are just a few scriptures that give a considerable amount of responsibility to the believer in Christ. The biggest problem I see in most of man’s theology is having a proper balance in God’s part and man’s part in redemption. Some don’t even act like man has any free will or responsibility to God.

The bible plainly gives man responsibility before God concerning his salvation by obedient faith. Man is responsible to repent and believe. He is told to continue in grace and in the word. He is told to strive to enter in the narrow way and to continue on the narrow path that leads to life. The bible teaches that we can be hindered in following the will of God by Satan and our own slackness. The bible tells us to prevail in prayer and to be strong in the Lord and the power of His might. I could go on and on but what we need to realize is that we have a part from God to apprehend what we have been apprehended for, like Paul said.

I can see no where from scripture we can blame God for our not reaching our fullest potential in Christ.

Just imagine for a moment that if the church as a whole had not compromised and joined up with the world and fell away from the apostolic beginning, what more God could have accomplished in His church. Jesus did not give us commandments and warnings in scripture and all the while secretly thinking well if they don’t keep my commandments then it doesn’t really matter, because I’m still going to do everything that needs to be done without man.

God is working to conform man to the image of Christ, and is also working in man to fulfill the great commission. He is working in man to will and to do of his good pleasure.

There are people who act just like God doesn’t need man’s cooperation to accomplish his will. The very reason God’s work on earth is limited is because of what he has to work with, which is man.

Any more thoughts anyone?

2008/7/20 23:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy