SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Do you Influence Society or Society influence you?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Do you Influence Society or Society influence you?

I used to debate this Issue with my Teachers and lecturers in school who want a perfect world.
People generally do what they see, if a man sees a murder he is not necessarily going to murder someone else but if someone is desensetised through the media to think of murder as ok, he is going to murder.
This is why our relationship with our God and the bible is absolutely important because the degree that you watch anything that the bible declares as sin, I as I am included am getting on dangerous ground.
A dripping tap can destroy a mountain if long enough exposed to that mountain.
What we are influenced by affects us!

Denny Kensengton says that "the Greatest Deception is Self deception"

2Th 2:10 - Show Context
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2 thes talks about the love of the truth, do we really have a love of the truth!

Php 4:8 - Show Context
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

If we analysed say what we watch and what we read on the internet, what we listen to?
Does it even come close to this scripture!

1Co 6:18 - Show Context
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

We live in a society that is slowly dripping with terrible things and a love of the bible and a love of prayer are lacking in england I would say definatly!
Are we influenced by the World or our we proclaiming Gods word and like the Psalmist in Psalm 1 do we meditate on the Law day and night.
We live in an age which has access to the bible on your phone, mp3 player and all other devices.

Psalm 1
1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, F1 nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; F2 and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. 5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. 6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

We are going to be judged by god just because we even have access to this material! and not using it and choosing other wise! God help us

Luke 10
12 But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city. 13 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14 But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you. 15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell. 16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

Are we fighting for his truth or are we just backsliding!
We all need grace to do battle!
Do you influence your society or just let you drag you down! Are you sharing the word of god with people or our they just sharing non eternal smalltalk!
I am not very good at preaching the gospel but it is by his grace that we have our eyes on the Celestial City? Do we have our eyes on Heaven or our we too earth bound!
Are we like Christian waiting to get into that eternal city or are we just a hindrance in the way!
Pray for all of us as well all need our eyes on heaven so this world grows strangely dim and our our sorrows being calmed by movies or worldy pursuits other than the word of God and Jesus himself.
Are we like a certain King who would rather go to the physians for his feet than seek the council of the most high God!
Where we pursue in the time of great sorrow in the place in which we always dwell!
Lord deliver us from this world help us see the world yet to come.
We all fail!

2008/7/18 22:07Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Do you Influence Society or Society influence you?

Amen! brother.

Quote:
Do you influence your society or just let you drag you down! Are you sharing the word of god with people or our they just sharing non eternal smalltalk!

This is no small matter! Regardless how strong we think we are, the things we see, listen to does impact our thinking, our desires....

Thanks for sharing - it is very timely, IMHO.

ginnyrose

2008/7/19 14:06Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy