SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Blessed Mother Mary

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
rbanks

Re:

If we are going to truly honor and respect Mary the mother of Jesus then we need to hear and obey her words in –

John 2:5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

We must realize from scripture that the gospel that leads to salvation is centered in the Lord Jesus Christ. It is his death, burial, and resurrection and in whom our salvation is dependent upon and no other name under heaven whereby we must be saved.

The bible says that Mary was blessed among women to be the one chosen to give birth to the Son of God, but just as John the Baptist said, the Christ must increase and we must decrease. The bible says that Jesus Christ is the only foundation laid for our salvation.

Many people have gone into error when they take a few scriptures and then try to build their own organization and beliefs around their added teachings and it becomes heresy.

People have taken characters out of the bible like angels, Mary the mother of Jesus, and have built new doctrines that are extra biblical. Thy have forsaken the foundation and true teachings of Christ and have put their trust in false teachings bringing damnation to their soul.

Once a person is deceived into believing something extra biblical only the mercy of God can open their eyes to the truth, because they will not let the bible be their safeguard any more. They are the blind leading the blind. They do not fear that their soul could be lost in departing from the Word because they go by their feelings instead of the Word.

Hell will be full of People, who went by their feelings and what they wanted to believe instead of the only infallible, unchanging, incorruptible, and everlasting Word of the living God. There will be multitudes in Hell who added to or toke away from the Word of God. We are not to add Jesus to anything, but we are to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior only subtracting everything else away from Him. It is not Jesus and the Law. It is not Jesus and any other religion. It is not Jesus plus Mary. It is not Jesus plus the Pope. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life no man cometh unto the Father but by Him.

God will condemn the soul who tries to climb up another way and shows despite to His one and only Son and His sacrifice for our sins.

2008/7/29 23:54Profile
eternalvalue

Boaz, Al

Re: Pray for me

I know I have been defending the Catholic Church on this forum, yet I have returned to the Protestant Church. I seem to waver between defending and rejecting the teachings of the Catholic Church. Please pray for me that God will settle my heart and that I get back to my spiritual roots.

shalom

2008/7/30 7:56Profile
rbanks

Re:

Hi Eternalvalue,

From one brother to another, my prayer is that we will earnestly contend for the faith that was once delivered to the saints.

Here is scripture that has spoken deeply to me!

Php 1:20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
Php 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Ga 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

2008/7/30 8:39Profile
eternalvalue

Boaz, Al

Re:

Thank you so much rbanks. God has put in my heart that we as a church need to get back to the Cross and drop all this spiritual "fuff" (i.e. Your best life now).

God bles :-P

2008/7/30 8:59Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Roots

Quote:
I know I have been defending the Catholic Church on this forum, yet I have returned to the Protestant Church. I seem to waver between defending and rejecting the teachings of the Catholic Church. Please pray for me that God will settle my heart and that I get back to my spiritual roots.

That's a refreshing piece of honesty brother. Set your sights on being a Bible believing Christian and the rest will sort it's self out eventually.

[i]spiritual roots[/i]

Those are words that drive and under-gird everything brother. Adding my prayers.

2008/7/30 9:12Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Set your sights on being a Bible believing Christian and the rest will sort it's self out eventually.

Mike is right - set your sights on becoming a Bible-based believer and all other things will be sorted out on their own. The Russians have a saying: "Peremeleyetsya, muka budyet", or roughly translated, "Grind the wheat and flour will come out". Allow yourself, your ideas, your dogma, your doctrinal surmizings to humbly come under the grinding truth of the Bible-stone, and you'll get nothing but the pure flour of life coming out the other end. The chaff of erroneous doctrine is left behind during this process, and only that which is the good manna for our spiritual bodies will survive.

2008/7/30 10:32Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

will pray. take courage that the Bible is absolutely the only authoritative source God has given for doctrine; "if it's not found in the Book, don't believe it" (quoting AW Tozer)

2008/7/30 10:41Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
that I get back to my spiritual roots.

God bless you brother. If this is the desire of your heart, God will fill it.

This morning in my devotional I was reading Rev. 2 and there Jesus tells the Ephesian church that they have left their 'first love' and unless they repent He will remove their candlestick out of its place. I got to thinking: you know what? it is [i]easy[/i] to lose your first love. Then I wondered - how does one regain it? So I again had to ask the LORD to assist me. And brother, you never will become too old to ask this from the LORD Jesus. The Enemy will do [i]anything[/i] to distract you from this. Jesus stands ready to help you - he will not asist you unless you ask for it. Simple, isn't it?

Hope this helps...
Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/7/30 11:33Profile
growingholly

Re:

i'm so glad and grateful for your heart!!!

check out galatians chapter 1; hopefully that will help you.

love to you!

be encouraged also, i am really excited that you are wrestling with this; i belive it is due to the drawing of God on your life. praise be to the Most High God!!!

2008/8/5 12:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy