SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Blessed Mother Mary

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

Marc and James, just offering you another chance to clarify your position regarding Mary, mother of a human baby she named Jesus, before having numerous other children, and dying having been justified of her sin by her faith in Christ.

2008/7/22 18:07Profile

Re:

I just need to say that this is [b]blasphemey[/b] in the worst sense.

Saying that Jesus was the new Adam (which He is) and that Mary was the new Eve (which is no where mentioned in scripture) is to create an incestuous relationship between Jesus and Mary. Even if you say it's only a spiritual marriage... it's still sick.

Then, to further push this thinking, you say that Jesus is the new King of Heaven, and Mary is the Queen... once again putting them in a marriage situation. The reason Prince Charles of England is NOT the King yet is because his mother is still alive.

One of the marks of a false religion is sometimes sexual perversion, and the perversion of marriage. Like Mormonism. Look at all of the sexual abuse that has happened at the hands of the clergy in the Catholic Church. And to make matters worse, look at how the Catholic Church has tried to cover it up! Instead of running these perverts out of town, the RCC just moves them from diocese to diocese... not giving any warning at all to the parishes about this pervert so he can go on abusing a whole new set of children.

And they have also perverted the role of marriage by denying marriage to clergy... then we wonder why all the sex scandels! Paul said get married instead of burning with lust.

So it's no surprise that the Catholic Church has created incest between Jesus and His mother.

It's blasphemey and it's hellish and it's demonic.

And like Tom, I suspect the original post was intended to spark arguments. But I just couldnt let this type of perverted, blasphemous doctrines of demons go by without calling it what it is.

Krispy

2008/7/23 8:58
RevBenjamin

Re:

Quote:
And like Tom, I suspect the original post was intended to spark arguments. But I just couldnt let this type of perverted, blasphemous doctrines of demons go by without calling it what it is.

AMEN Krispy!

Heaven need no Queen, only heathenism does. The RCC is based on paganism of the worst kind, bringing in and defiling the Church, who, by the way, is the Bride of Christ. Just as Eve was taken out of Adam's side...so the Church is bone of His Bone and Flesh of His flesh.

The RCC have no understanding of our position in Christ and He alone.

Their reenactment of the Old Testament Priesthood is a poor imitation at that, not to mention an incomplete one.

The idea that the Pope walks around in his glorious crown now, is another indication of perverted human flesh prostrating itself to more perverted flesh.

Paul said, The Lord will give me a crown on that day...and not only me but all who love His appearing.

No crowns have been given to date. So we have only a poor imitation here as well.

On that Day will be at the judgement seat of Christ, and no doubt we will be laying those crowns back at His feet...To God be the Glory!

Blessings,
R.G. Benjamin

2008/7/23 14:59Profile
learn

Re:

http://www.catholicconcerns.com/index.html

2008/7/25 10:44Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Under the heading "Hymns to the Pope"

"The Catholic Church has a long tradition of singing hymns to the Pope. You can buy recordings of them online. [Note 1]
I thought you might like to see a modern papal hymn for yourself. If you go to the link below, you will see the words of a papal hymn. (It is on a Catholic website and is part of a section honoring the Pope.)"

Singing to the Pope? How anyone cannot see through this garbage is beyond me.

2008/7/25 11:02Profile
MarcG

Lumberton, Texas

Re:

don't see the link

2008/7/25 14:58Profile
MarcG

Lumberton, Texas

Re:

BeyeDoers,
Mary the mother of Jesus gave birth to the God-Man. Jesus Christ was truly human in all things except sin. Though the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, Jesus was still the Word and was fully divine.
Could or would the Divine co-exist in a the human person of Mary if she were darkened with the original sin of Adam and Eve?
No.
So how would God prepare a place for Jesus to exist and not co-exist with the stain of sin.

By the foreseen merit of Christ's passion death and resurrection Mary at the time of her conception received a single grace and was created without the stain of original sin.

Did she do anything to deserve this? NO

Is she Divine? NO

She just a humble jewish girl that Jesus chose from all the women in salvation history to be His Mother.
From the purely human perspective, We love our mothers.If we could have created our mothers, would we have created them without the stain of original sin? Would we have created them so the devil would not have any hold over them?
Of course we would.
We couldn't create our mother but Jesus could create His mother and He did create her perfectly without the stain of original original sin.
Jesus saves us from sin because we are fallen.
Jesus preserves Mary from sin by the single grace that I mentioned before.
It is Jesus redemtive work in both cases.

How do we know this from scripture?

When the Angel says to Mary,"Hail FULL of Grace"
notice Mary's posture. She does not fall to the ground in fear and trembling as the sheperds did when the angel announced the nativity to them. She does not turn away as the Israelites did when they were confronted with the face of Moses.
Her posture is like that of Adam and Eve before the Fall.

Two people in the Old Testament were created full of grace. Adam and Eve
In the New Testament Jesus created His mother full of grace. Then He took on human form through her.
She had great faith in God. Because of this faith and grace from God she was able to say Yes to the message of the angel and our Lord and Savior was born. The Word became flesh.
I hope this helps to explain.

YBIC
Marc

2008/7/25 18:22Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
don't see the link

Try this:

http://www.ewtn.com/jp2/papal3/long_live.htm

ginnyrose

2008/7/25 18:35Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

Marc, all of your doctrine is purely speculative, and it is most definitely heresy. NONE of which you speak is taught in scripture. Of course, you also avoided my questions under the guise of "clarifying your position," which actually makes your response to my questions an obvious affirmative. You know what it would expose if you just answered them directly.

Mary was not born "full of grace". No Scripture says this. Your church made it up. Scripture says she was "accepted" of God, the same language Paul uses of us, and that she "found grace" just like all of us. She needs grace for she born of Adam and therefore with sin. Romans 3 does not end with "except Mary." NOWHERE in scripture is she ever exalted. In fact, she is never even mentioned after Pentecost.

If she was without sin, it would make her equal to Christ (which your church teaches), and make him a LIAR, for he said "there is only one that is good, and that is God." Mary also calls God her "savior". How can she need a saviour if she was without sin?

Mary did not give birth to God, but to flesh. God has no mother, else He would not be God.

Why does Jesus rebuke Mary?

How did God reside in Mary? How does God reside in us? Are you without sin, if indeed the Spirit of God dwell in you? This doesn't make us without sin.

I look forward, to your direct answers to my earlier questions, although your silence on them is deafening.

2008/7/25 23:05Profile
LogoPhilius

Florida

Re:

Hmmm...

In regards to the original post, I have to shy away from that much abject praise of Mary, or praise of her in that way. The scriptures I've read do not say, "We couldn't create our mother but Jesus could create His mother and He did create her perfectly without the stain of original original sin." or "Her posture is like that of Adam and Eve before the Fall.

Two people in the Old Testament were created full of grace. Adam and Eve"

By the way, I heard the Catholics elected her "co-redeemer with Christ." Who nominated her for that post, and is it still open for, erm... election? Sorry, I couldn't resist the tongue in cheek remark.

I'm all for giving honor to Mary, she did quite well. Especially if you compare her to Zecheriah and Elizabeth, but the things you attribute to her, such as being without original sin, are extra-biblical, meaning they have no basis in the protestant Bible.

But, I would like to say that I do sense among most Christians that we don't have a proper, I won't say reverence, for that may go too far, but appreciation, I suppose, of this incredible woman. We have such a knee jerk response to her that we can barely say anything nice about her without linking it to an anti-Catholic rant. I remember asking my wife what she thought of naming our daughter "Mary," and her response was, "no, it's too Catholic." So we settled for Sophie instead :-D .

I'm not sure if that's too constructive, but although I do share the thought that the original post is a little odd, it would be nice to see the Protestant community (me included) give her some props once in a while.

2008/7/26 17:58Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy