SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Blessed Mother Mary

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: The Blessed Mother Mary

Marc,

I do find it a little odd that with your first post in this forum, you would exalt Mary in your heading over Jesus :-(

Instead of a Subject line like: "Jesus lives", or "Jesus is the way"! or "Bless the name of the Lord!"... you lift up the sinful mother of Jesus, Mary.

Mary is a human, not divine. To place any emphasis on Mary instead of Jesus is a dishonor to the woman that the Lord blessed.

2008/7/18 18:21Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: The Blessed Mother Mary

MarcG,

Do you believe that Mary needed to be saved from sin? Or that she needed a Savior?

Luk 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
Luk 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

As far as I know, no one in the Bible who didn't need saved called God or Christ "Savior." In other words, there isn't anyone who called upon God or Christ as Savior who didn't need saved. I've never seen where Jesus called God Savior. I could be wrong though...

2008/7/18 18:34Profile
JelloTaster

Winnipeg MB

Re:

It's also funny how, if Mary is so blessed, that the writers of the epistles seem to have forgotten to mention her.

2008/7/18 18:39Profile

Re: The Blessed Mother Mary, and the Worship of the counterpart Demon Easther

I question the integrity of your post, and that your very first one. It is circumspectly obvious, even for the most ignorant or uneducated that this is a Protestant, and Evangelical, Biblical Revival site. You would have to know, even in the most casual glance, that the spirit of the forum here is in violent opposition to the Lordship of the Queen of Heaven, and view the Adoration of her as potently Pagan, and Demonic in nature.

So why would you post such an adversarial doctrinal view, as an in your face indictment to these obvious foundations of this forum? I can only guess, but I sense some mischieviousness intent.

We are a sensible and polite people, and want none to perish, as you will in keeping to these Doctrines you have confronted us with, IF you really believe them at all. They are simply, and biblically, doctrines of Demons.

Is this what you wanted to hear?, or did you want to see a buzz and reaction surrounding your words, that gives you a sense of power? In the end, I predict, this will simply enforce and strengthen those, young or old, who love the truth more than their lives. Thank you for this.

2008/7/18 18:52
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

Marc, Rev. 12 is not about Mary. Rev. 4 onward is about things "which are to be hereafter."

I will repeat someone else's question, and add to it:

Was Mary without sin?
Is Mary the Co-Redemptress?
Is Mary the Co-Mediatrix?
Is Mary the Mother of God?
Did she die on a Cross for us?
Should we have an altar for her and present gifts to her, kneel before this altar, and pray to her?

All these things go hand-in-hand with the things you are presenting, and are the heretical teachings of the RCC, which historic Christians have seen as the Great Whore headed by the antichrist on the throne, which is the Papacy.

2008/7/18 19:44Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Luke 1
46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, 47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. 48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. 49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name. 50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation. 51 He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts. 52 He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree. 53 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away. 54 He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy; 55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever. 56 And Mary abode with her about three months, and returned to her own house.

Mary would not need a Saviour if she was sinless!

2008/7/18 21:16Profile
eternalvalue

Boaz, Al

Re:

The Catholic Church has always and will always exalt and up lift Jesus. Jesus is the center of the Catholic Church. Mary has been and always will subject to the will of the Father. The Catholic Church has never considered and will never say that The Blessed Virgin is divine :-D .

God Bless you all.
James

2008/7/18 23:28Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

Yes or no:

She was without sin, both in conception and all of life.
She is The Mother of God.
She is Co-Redemptress (as seen in Eastern European cathedrals as she is hanging on a cross)
She is Co-Mediatrix between God and Man.
She is bowed to before her own altar, prayed to, and offered gifts in your churches.
Your last Pope verbally and in writing committed his life and spirit to her.

2008/7/19 1:20Profile
MarcG

Lumberton, Texas

Re:

Jesus is not disconnecting from His mother here. He is in facct incouraging those around him that they too can be called his kinsman if they But do the will of God.
We have too understand that Jesus was fully human like us in all ways except sin.
Do we disconnect from our biological parents?

" I appreciate you giving me life mom but now I am a brother in Christ. You were just a vessel that God used to give me life"

No Jesus obeyed the 4th commandment like only the God-Man could: as an obedient son he honored his earthly mother and His heavenly Father perfectly.
As for the being married in heaven you are correct we will not be married husband and wife because we all will be the spouse of Christ. We will be in total union with him as are the angels.We will be brothers and sisters in Him.
YBIC
Marc

2008/7/19 12:14Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

Marc, please take another look at my questions. I look forward to your answers.

Also, what are the First and Second Commandments?

2008/7/19 13:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy