SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Blessed Mother Mary

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
MarcG

Lumberton, Texas

The Blessed Mother Mary

We must understand Mary in the light of Jesus and His redemptive work.
Just as Jesus was foreshadowed in the Old Testament, Mary too was foreshadowed.

Jesus was the new Adam/ Mary was the new Eve.

Jesus was from the line of David/ Mary is the Queen Mother of the Davidic King

As the Ark of the Covenant was a powerful weapon in the battles of the Old Testament. Mary, the Ark of the New Testament is a powerful weapon given to us at the foot of the cross by Jesus.
We are all the beloved.

YBIC
Marc

2008/7/18 15:46Profile
MaryJane

Re: The Blessed Mother Mary

Greetings

This is false Catholic doctrine that is not based on scripture and sadly has deceived many. Jesus Christ alone is our Savior there is no other.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Will be praying for your eyes to be opened to the truth.
God Bless
MJ

2008/7/18 15:58Profile
DelightedInU

Escondido, CA

Quote:

MarcG wrote:
We must understand Mary in the light of Jesus and His redemptive work.
Just as Jesus was foreshadowed in the Old Testament, Mary too was foreshadowed.

Jesus was the new Adam/ Mary was the new Eve.

Jesus was from the line of David/ Mary is the Queen Mother of the Davidic King

As the Ark of the Covenant was a powerful weapon in the battles of the Old Testament. Mary, the Ark of the New Testament is a powerful weapon given to us at the foot of the cross by Jesus.
We are all the beloved.

YBIC
Marc

Your foreshadowings do not make sense. Mary can not be the new Eve because if Jesus is the new Adam then his wife would be the new Eve logically. Jesus did not have a wife.

Mary is simply the mother of Jesus, a blessed and God fearing woman.

1 Timothy 2:
5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

6Who gave himself a ransom for all

Mary was indeed obedient and submitted to Jesus. She has no authority over Him as seen in John.

John 2

1And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:

2And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.

3And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.

4Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.

5His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

2008/7/18 17:10Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Greetings to SI Marc :-)

[u][b]John 14:6 (NKJV)[/b][/u]

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

2008/7/18 17:13Profile
MarcG

Lumberton, Texas

Re:

MJ,

You are absolutely right when you say Jesus is the only way to salvation.But Jesus, our Creator and Redeemer, gives us many weapons to combat evil. Brothers and sisters in Christ that lead us too him, The Holy Bible, God's written word etc. The communion, of our brothers and sisters in faith, is not broken with death.The Book Revelation talks about the prayers of the faithfull ascending to God. They're in Heaven, so who are they praying for?
Me and you little sister.
Think about it.
There they are, Jesus the new King reigning in heaven offering himself to the Father and all our brothers and sisters who have gone on before us worshiping and offering prayers in the Glory of God. The Davidic kings didn't have their wives as Queen because they had many wives. they had their mothers as their Queen. I beleive it's 2 Samuel. King David dies. Check the posture of his wife Bethsheeba before him. After his death Check the posture of the now new king, King Soloman. What posture does he take before his mother?
What image is given to John in Rev. when he sees a vision of the new heavenly Jerusalem and yes the Ark of the Covenant. end of chp 11 beginning of chptr 12
Just remember God is our Father
Jesus is our brother
and yes Mary is our mother
Jesus deserved the best for his mother and then he graciously gave her to us.
Aren't families Wonderful

YBIC
Marc

2008/7/18 17:29Profile
MarcG

Lumberton, Texas

Re:

Back up a little bit in John's Gospel.
In the Beginning was the Word
then the next day
then the next day
then the next day
and the Third day
this would be the seventh day
and what did man say when he awoke from his sleep on the seventh day and saw Eve.
WOMAN!!!!!
And what did Jesus say in John's gospel on the seventh day
WOMAN !!!
Did John bring the two creation stories and tie them to the NEW creation through Jesus By accident.
Doubtful
YBIC
Marc

2008/7/18 18:00Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

Marc, this "Queen of Heaven" is a heresy that
doesn't have foundations in scripture. God
does not have need of a family, and Mary is
blessed only because she was chosen to bear
the Saviour!!

2008/7/18 18:04Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I suggest you carefully consider Mark 3:32-35: And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee. And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?
And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever, shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother." Do you not see that biological connections mean nothing to Jesus? but that obedience does? Big difference, don't you think?

Yes, families are wonderful but as I understand scripture they will mean little in eternity. For one thing people will not marry because Jesus says people will be as the angels who neither marry nor are given in marriage.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/7/18 18:08Profile
MarcG

Lumberton, Texas

Re:

Greetings

Yes Jesus our brother went to the cross for our redemption He is the sole mediator to the father.
Because of Him we are allowed to paticipate in the redemption of others. Through prayer, fasting, and other corporal works of mercy etc. we respond to the grace, that we can in noooo way earn, and help build His Church which is His Body.
Gotta go
Love to all
Marc

2008/7/18 18:11Profile
MarcG

Lumberton, Texas

Re:

Yes Mary was chosen to be the mother of Jesus but
she also had free will. She could have said no like Eve.
But she said to Gabriel be it done to me according thy will.
Rev 12 1 what is she wearing on her head
and how many stars

Who but a queen wears a crown. Where did John say he saw this vision?

Love
Marc

2008/7/18 18:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy