SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can a saved man be lost-

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread

Re: Can a saved man be lost-

Do we ask the right questions concerning this issue?

Is this the right question, "Can a saved man be lost? or "Onced saved always saved?" or "Can I lose my salvation?" ... are these the right questions?

I tend to think that they are not because they seem to turn the focus of our salvation to us and not to God.

The very word, "salvation" means we were rescued from something. We did not save ourselves. We could not rescue ourselves any more than a drowning man can rescue himself. Much more us, because we were not drowning...we were dead!

So should the question be rather, "How does God save men, and how does He keep them?"

The scripture is clear, there is none that seek after God. He sought us. He found us in our blood, lying on the side of the road, beaten and left for dead. He bathed our wounds, set us on His own beast and brought us to a place of rest. And there He promised to pay for all of our debts.
He sought us, the lost sheep, wandering away not even looking for the shepherd.

So can we ask a new question, and have discussion concerning this new question maybe?

How does God save men, and how does He keep them?

Michael

2008/8/7 11:07
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

reformer wrote:
After some thought over time against the fact that God will take away salvation from man or woman. I am starting to see that God can if He so chooses to do so. The only reason I have to support this is King Saul's life. Of course that is up for debate. But mostly this is opinion. When I think of someone being disobedient over his life of being a Christian, having ups and downs, knowing what he or she should do, then I think a time will come where God will take away there privilege of being with Him in heaven. After a while one should wonder how long will God's patience last.

Exodus 32:33 And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Rev 22:19 [color=FF0000]And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, [b]God shall take away his part out of the book of life[/b], AND out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book[/color]

Ones name can only be taken OUT OF THE BOOK of Life, if it was in fact written in the book of life.

2 Tim 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: [b]if we deny him, he also will deny us[/b]:

Thanks for posting that reformer.

2008/8/7 14:52Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy