Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : But ye, beloved

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lor_E

Montana USA

But ye, beloved

Just pondering a few things:

[i]But, beloved, remember ye the words that were spoken before of the Apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
These be they who seperate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

[b]But ye, beloved, build yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.[/b]

And of some have compassion, making a difference.
And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

[b]Now to Him who is able to keep thee from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy.[/i][/b]
Jude 17-23

Just something to think about as we pursue the reviving of those that name themselves after the name of Christ.
HE IS ABLE!! He has before warned you of the things that are now knocking at the doors of churche's and Christian's hearts. He has given to us every thing that is needed for life and godliness, it is we who must pursue it.

It is pure delight to think that the God whom I serve IS ABLE to keep me, to correct me in my human weaknesses, to draw me by the power of His Spirit, to warn me of things that are beyond my own understanding.

As we pursue Him.... and His ways....
Pray without ceasing
Love without hypocrisy
Be thankful for all things
Quench not the Spirit
Repent
Walk in the Spirit
Encourage one another, and even more as you see the day approaching!

Love in Christ,
a sis

2008/7/17 17:29Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: But ye, beloved

I just have to say, you've got my thoughts on paper, so to speak.

There are a lot of distractions taking place in the churches, and it is also evident on this website.

Anyone with any discernment, can see that this website has almost veered from revival to whatever is popular right now.

But as you have quoted in the scriptures you have given, God is able to keep us from falling.

Also, in Revelation 3 we read of the church in Sardis, that despite it being almost dead, there were some whom the Lord Jesus said walked in white.

And yes, the day is approaching, and how fast.

2008/7/18 2:17Profile
Lor_E

Montana USA

Re:

Dear Sister,
Thank you so much for your post.

Quote:
Also, in Revelation 3 we read of the church in Sardis, that despite it being almost dead, there were some whom the Lord Jesus said walked in white.

That particular church spoken of in Rev. 3 has always stunned me. I refer to it often in my heart, as it does seem to represent many in this day; "thou hast a name that thou livest, but thou art dead."

While many other churches, even Laodecia, were very self deceived, Sardis all the more. Not just simply deceived by how they viewed themselves, but how others viewed them as well.

As my husband often says: 'The question is: What does God think of you? Of how you spend your time and your money, of what you think about and give yourself to.'

But vs 2 is that verse that stuns me, that strikes at the heart and sets my heart to blaze:

[i]Be watchful, and strengthen the things that remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.[/i]

I remember years ago, my husband and I had stopped at a campground to picnic and rest, and we went for a walk by the river. As we happened upon a large meadow between us and the river I could not help but notice a HUGE dead tree.

It stood out in the midst of all the green trees and blue sky that were all around. It was much larger than most of them, but the branches were dead and dried up. I was so struck by this sight as it seemed to me to be a picture of many of the things I was seeing inside of 'western' churchianity at the time I went to grab my camera. I walked close enough to the tree to get a good picture of it, and much to my surprise at the upper parts of the tree were live branches.

They were hard to see amidst the dead ones, but there on this huge, dead looking tree were live branches with green leaves.

I remember a great sense of this verse, '...strengthen the things that remain, that are ready to die.' It was very stark to me.

quote]Anyone with any discernment, can see that this website has almost veered from revival to whatever is popular right now.

Although I don't think I could agree with you on this statement. While there may be those who participate on the website who are sidetracked by current, religious events of popularity and so forth, I think that the base, the foundation of this site still remains that of spurring others on to revival.

It's so great to read Pastor Frins articles on prayer; the devotions that Greg and Heartsong post; there are so many deep thinkers on this site that just blow me away!

I love the quippy posts to questions like: "what do you think of this article"- that was VERY long in text, and the reply 'I think it's too long' I loved the honesty!!! Like the very 'to the point' answers from Krispy. They are precious to me.

I so appreciate the heart felt outpourings from Mike B., Ronyia, PaulW.,Roadsign, Hmmm, and many, many others, too many to remember. The time and effort that Sermonindex, and others put into this site is very apparent; and it is seed. Some seed will get choked out by thorns, other will yield a hundredfold.

I hope you don't think I'm simply chiding, I'm not, I very much respect your opinion. I just thought that it was a great opportunity to let some know how much I appreciate their efforts, their hearts, and the spirit in which they seek to edify- to spurr- to challenge- to encourage!

Love in Christ,
Lori

2008/7/18 15:27Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy