Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Bible Chapels

I would assume bible chapels are brethren churches? I don't think they advertise or list their churches and I have been looking for some but its hard to find them mostly relying on word of mouth. I will give that chapel a call and see what the damage is (how far its from downtown). Its kinda funny how all the good churches never come downtown or stay there for that matter. Peoples Church used to be right downtown in the core of Toronto but then they moved way up north because of land value, etc.

2004/7/6 16:12Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Mr Index,

Have you heard of the NCMI group of Churches? I know there is a plant somewhere in Toronto, we had a girl in our church go and support the plant last year.
Is this considered advertising?

2004/7/6 17:16Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Is this considered advertising?

hehe NOPE I think its great to recommend solid churches to people on these forums. you will sometimes have people ask if anyone knows on the forums of a good church in their area, I would love to know more about it.

2004/7/6 17:17Profile
repenter

Southern Ontario, Canada

Re:

yes, I do mean bretheren. that's my husband's background, and my most recent background ;-)

Most of the Chapels do advertise in the phone book though, unless they're exclusive or closed table assemblies, but I don't think you would be interested in those...

Where do you fellowship now?

2004/7/6 17:20Profile
ZekeO

Re:

Sorry Meghan, caught you guys in the middle of one :oops:

2004/7/6 17:25Profile
ZekeO

Re:

Hi Meghan,

What are 'closed table assemblies'?

2004/7/6 17:28Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Where do you fellowship now?

The Lord brought me from death to life 7 years ago and led me to a presbyterian Church in my neibourhood where I had affliations with the youth minister and ministry there. I spent the 1st few years of my christian life primarly reading the word of God on my own and serving the kids ministries. As I progressed in my Chrisitan walk I began to notice a lack of teaching the full counsel of God. In the last 2-3 years its been a struggle to be edified and encouraged in that body of saints. I have been and am praying for godly fellowship so that I may be strengthened in my faith. I sincerly have been praying about this and have actually been looking into brethren churches.

Quote:
What are 'closed table assemblies'?

In Brethren Churches there are 2 different types primarly that seperate another variety of different flavors of brethren. The 2 main catogories all brethren churches fall into is 'closed' and 'open'. [b]closed[/b] brethren churches are much more strict in their church discipline and doctrine and rightly so in some cases. There can be extremes and even legalism in some of these fellowships. ie no TV or your banned from fellowship. Also the clossed brethren means its closed to any adherents or visitors for the Lords supper. Only true, verified members can partake of the Lords supper which is weekly. They will have another meeting called a 'gospel' meeting where unbeleviers and questionable believers etc can come. [b]Open[/b] brethren allow if I am not mistaken unbelievers into their fellowship? and even into the Lords supper but they cannot partake unless truley a christian? Also they are not as strict.

Many of the original brethren churches were closed I believe ie Taylor Brethren where many of the famous founders of the movement such as: J.N. Darby, Austin Sparks etc came from. Also Watchman Nee fellowshipped much with Taylor brethren and ended breaking away and starting a more 'open' brethren movement in China.

I am sure Meghan can clarify the places I have amissed and not covered fully.

Quote:
Sorry Meghan, caught you guys in the middle of one

It's ok I would still like to hear more about the church plants you are refrerring to also :smart:

2004/7/6 17:43Profile
ZekeO

Re:

Church Plants are not literally church plants as in the things in the front of the Church :-D

In the Church that I fellowship with, that is the main thrust of the Christian faith. Planting Churches in every city, town, where the Lord leads. It is going Gospel. Jesus said ask of me and I will give you the nations Psalm 2:8. It would take to long to type it all down.

I think someone like Bill Bright from campus crusade had the same idea, I think.

For more info go to ncmi.net it will give you the low down.

2004/7/6 18:06Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
In the Church that I fellowship with, that is the main thrust of the Christian faith. Planting Churches in every city, town, where the Lord leads. It is going Gospel. Jesus said ask of me and I will give you the nations Psalm 2:8. It would take to long to type it all down.

I think my friend checked this out in toronto, I remember the emphasis on the 4 giftings in ephesians as a key to the movement. I will check with him. Thanks for the info.. :-D

2004/7/6 18:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy