Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hello & Intro

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
repenter

Southern Ontario, Canada

Hello & Intro

Hello,

I am a homemaker currently residing in the beautiful province of New Brunswick, Canada. My husband, my younger sister and I moved out here two months ago to help out with a church plant.

I have been a huge fan of Tozer, Ravenhill, Edwards and the gang for about seven years and I am so glad that someone told me about this website!

I have a huge burden for Revival in the church in North America. I was in a ministry for 3 years that travels around the U.S. conducting crusades in which they seek God for Revival, preaching great messages on the crucified life, prayer, grace, obedience, holiness, genuine salvation etc. You may have heard of this ministry if you have a desire to see God move in Revival. You can check them out at www.lifeaction.org

Anyway, I am really glad to have found this site and I look forward to some edifying and challenging posting!

"Wilt thou not revive us again that thy people may rejoice in Thee"

repenter

2004/7/5 14:14Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re: Hello & Intro

The lords blessing on you and yours. I love Gods timing it's always right on. I very much enjoy this site it has been a very great blessing to me. I also enjoy the people on the site and believe that you will find enjoyment also. Bro. Raven

2004/7/5 14:22Profile
revival9

Arizona, USA

Re: Hello & Intro

Hello!!

Welcome, dear friend with a heart for revival!! It's so good to see another homemaker here.

Quote:
I have a huge burden for Revival in the church in North America. I was in a ministry for 3 years that travels around the U.S. conducting crusades in which they seek God for Revival

WOW!! I hope you share what you have seen with Life Action!! And how the Lord led you to where you are in Canada.

I've got my ear to the ground continually to see revival, for the sake of my family, first of all. They must see the power of God.

Your friend in the cause of revival for North America,
Mrs. Fred

2004/7/5 15:33Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

Welcome to SermonIndex. Yes, the Lord's timing is always right. May you enjoy the fellowship here and may God lead you and encourage you as you follow Him.

2004/7/5 15:33Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I have been a huge fan of Tozer, Ravenhill, Edwards and the gang for about seven years and I am so glad that someone told me about this website!

Praise God I am so glad He led you to this site, I am really praying God will send people of like mind that are seeking after revival. I am located in Toronto, Canada. Thats awesome you have been invloved with Life Action ministries does that have anything to do with prayer advances or the Canadian revival fellowship? have you been to an heart-cry for revival conference? God bless you and looking forward to your fellowship on this site.

2004/7/5 17:09Profile
moreofHim

Re: welcome

Wow, I go away for a few days and so many new people- especially nice to see 2 new girl members in one day!

Welcome repenter (real name?) Be blessed here. You're among wonderful brothers and sisters.

Hidden in Him, Chanin

2004/7/5 21:41Profile
repenter

Southern Ontario, Canada

Re:

Hello Again!

Thanks for all of your welcomes thus far!

Now to answer some of your questions...

Chanin: My real name is Meghan :-)

Greg: I don't think Life Action is directly associated with the groups you mentioned, and I didn't ever get to go to a heart-cry conference because the teams are conducting crusades at that time, but I did have the privelege of attending a Rebuilder's Retreat and a few of Nancy Leigh DeMoss' seminars. I do know however that Bill McLeod from out west is good friends with L.A.M., and the wife of the founder of Life Action remarried after her husband's death and her new husband is a senior pastor in Kitchener, Ontario (he was my pastor for about 4 and a half years). (By the way, I was born and raised in Kitchener-Waterloo and my husband grew up in and around Toronto in North York, Scarbourough and Pickering. We actually moved here from Guelph, where we met and married).

Mrs. Fred: To share about everything God was doing during those three years would take quite some time! None of the crusades I was in ever really exploded into corporate revival, but talk about revival on the personal level in hundereds of Believers lives! I saw marriages on the brink of destruction come back and report being strong and fruitful to this day, many people who thought they were saved (including pastors, deacons, and other leaders in the church) realize that they had never truly been saved but had gone through the motions for many many years--and got saved during those crusades, people getting honest about their sin and making restitution even if it jeapordized their reputation, freedom, or whatever, and the list goes on. And talk about what the Lord did in my own life and the lives of my fellow team members!

Now, Life Action and the message it carries is not always received well. (a prophet is not always welcome in his own country...) Sometimes not even by the pastors who have invited them! They're in a huge battle with the apathetic, complacencent, worldly, lukewarm, false gospel teaching churches that most "churches" in North America are today. It is a battle to get people to see and understand that "Churchianity" not "Christianity" is the mark of North America. But the Battle belongs to the Lord and as we are faithful to pray, faithful to follow hard after God, and faithful to preach righteousness holiness and truth by the lives we live, God can do great things in our lands. I sometimes wonder if severe judgement is going to be needed before the U.S. and Canadian "churches" bow before God--but I pray that revival comes first!

As for what God did in my life through LAM...
I was a spiritual donut hole when I started with Life Action. I had been saved for six years but had only been under teaching in a Bible believing Church for about a year and a half when Life Action came to my church. They came a few months before I graduated from high school, and I was trying to figure out what to do with my life. I felt like God was calling me into full time ministry, but I had no idea how or where. Well, He showed me clearly, and although it took a miracle for my unsaved mother to agree to me going (and a miracle that they accepted me--like I said I was a spiritual donut hole), the Lord knew I needed to be there! That first summer at training camp I practically thought I was in heaven! Imagine being surrounded by the Word of God, Prayer, Christ centered music, and no worldly distractions 24/7 for two whole months, after coming from an unsaved home, public highschool and a lukewarm church--in Canada no less ;-) The Lord did a transforming work in my heart that first summer that changed me forever.

Now, I've learned (often the hard way) over the past four years since leaving LAM that in order to maintain the same level of spiritual focus and drive outside of an environment like Life Action is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I praise God that He loves us just as we are, but He loves us too much to leave us that way! It has been a struggle to re-learn a lot of the Truths I encountered in the Ministry out in the "real world", but I have learned them and continue to learn them on a deeper level. That brings me answer your question about how God brought my husband and I out to New
Brunswick!

Talk about Providence...A guy started coming to hang out with our young people from our church back in Ontario last summer. Our YP play soccer every Sunday afternoon in the summer and a few other people from different churches would come out too and this guy had heard about the games so he decided to check it out. He was from NB and had a really good grip on the things of God. He talked about his church back home and how great it was etc. and as we got to know him he became a good friend. Well, he wasn't too popular among our C&C group because he came to our first meeting in the fall and gave a pretty severe challenge (which was totally justified and needed)to the group and was not received well after that. Long story short though, he started to take an interest in one of the young ladies, talked to her father, and they began courting. They were engaged pretty soon after that, and He wanted his pastor from back home to do their wedding so they asked if my husband and I would accompany them out to NB for a weekend this past November. We thought it sounded like a great idea because we loved it out east (we had our honeymoon in PEI), so we figured it would be a nice little vacation. Well, we had no idea what God had in store for us!

We met the pastor and his family and you could see a difference in their lives right away. They were on fire for God and consumed with wanting to glorify Him! We basically spent a weekend in true Revival with these dear saints and by the end of the weekend we were talking about moving out here to help out with the work. The church was planted here about 3 years ago, and God has been doing great things. So, we prayed and they prayed that the Lord would show us if He wanted us to come out here, and He answered our prayers in a way we did not expect! My husband's perfectly secure job was suddenly eliminated due to company restructuring and he now had a three month severance package available to him! So, April 29th of this year we moved out here, trusting the Lord to provide employment for my husband by the time the severance runs out.

In the past two months we have had countless ministry opportunities and the Lord has primarily given us the ministry of prayer. We have two prayer meetings each week at our home and we are believing God for great things in our church and in this city! Also, I am a musician so I have been privelaged to be a part of our music worship team, and we are doing out-reach concerts around the city this summer. My husband is also in leadership training for eldership here and is going to be starting some discipleship with a young man, Lord willing.

Anyway, I'm sure I could keep going, but I'll end this chapter of the book for now :-P As you can see I am not exactly short winded ;-)

I hope you all have a spirit filled Christ centered day! May God bless you as you continue in obedience!

by His grace,
meghan

2004/7/6 13:18Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Wow!
Praise God Meghan!

First off welcome again to the site.
What a tremndous encouargement this is, thank you so much for sharing.

Don't worry about being to long winded there are a couple of us that could give you a run for your money...ahem :-)

Quote:
I hope you all have a spirit filled Christ centered day! May God bless you as you continue in obedience!

After that I most certainly am, what a great encouaregment to us all!

2004/7/6 13:43Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Meghan, God bless you. Thank you for sharing your heart and experiences here. Do you know any good churches in the toronto area? Thats great you know about bill mcleoad and demoss and all of those great speakers. We need to really hear the words of God in these days its sometimes hard to notice between the counterfeit. I am really interested to know more about your prayer ministry and the ways God is leading you, feel free to share experiences and things God is doing in your life in the forums. And even prayer requests. ;-) great to have you on the site.

2004/7/6 13:54Profile
repenter

Southern Ontario, Canada

Re:

Wow guys! Thanks for the encouragement! I have been so blessed already by being here!

Greg:
Good churches in the TO area? I guess that kind of depends on what you're looking for (I can probably guess at a few things). The only churches I'm really familiar with right in the GTA are Bible Chapels, and I think there are a few solid groups around. Probably the best thing I could recommend would be to contact one of our good friends who is currently serving as a youth leader at Bridlegrove Bible Chapel. He and his young family are in full time work there, and they are on-fire evangelists. They're actually going to be pretty much unavailable for the rest of the summer though--they're heading out to PEI tomorrow to do some camp work, and then they are taking a group of people to the Olympics in Athens to evangelize. They spent about 6 months in Greece after their first son was born (Shawn took Paternity leave, so they really left!) and they're really burdened for that part of the world with their sights set on Afghanistan when the Lord gives them opportunity. (they wanted to go to Afghanistan long before 9/11 btw). We're actually going to see them tomorrow night here in Fredericton so I'll ask him about passing on his info to you if you're interested. Other than that, the best chapel I can think of to recommend is in Oakville (yeah, a bit of a drive):

Hopedale Bible Chapel
905-827-8327
342 Sherin Drive,
Oakville, ON
L6L 4J3

They seem to me to be one of the more seriously minded groups of believers around that I am familiar with. Their C&C group is slightly older than many (later 20's and beyond) from what I recall. That's about all I can tell you though :-)

meghan

2004/7/6 15:56Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy