Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Lakeland garbage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Is that what we have here, a license to play with others words?

I agree this is a common enough problem.

It also becomes the basis of a counter-argument on point of credibility of the witness. It is my experience that when a person brings enough rope to hang themselves, give it back just to make sure they are intent on being hung. In other words, precise understatement of your facts can persuade better then a crescendo of outrage. All of us take a certain pride (well, we do) in thinking for ourselves. When someone let's loose an ultimatum, even someone whose candor I admire and position I agree with, I tend to raise my shields so to speak.

If I may point out, scholarly conduct is a Godly discipline to desire. The great men of faith such as Paul, Wycliffe, Tyndale, Wesley persuade even today without having to raise their voice. It's not a discipline I boast of, because quite frankly I too often let my emotions take point in front of my convictions. (Well, I do.)

MC

2008/7/17 20:41Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Source material is readily available.

[url=http://www.freshfire.ca/index.php?Act=read&status=teaching&Id=142&pid=954&bid=955]THE GLORY CLOUD OF REVELATION & PROPHETIC MANTLES - PART 1[/url]

[url=http://www.freshfire.ca/index.php?Act=read&status=teaching&Id=236&pid=954&bid=955]HEAVEN'S REALITIES[/url]

Take your pick;

[url=http://www.freshfire.ca/index.php?Id=955&pid=916]Todd's Teachings [/url]

2008/7/17 21:22Profile
rbanks

Re:

I was going to put the new information I just found out about here, but because I agree with the spirit and the posts that fireinmybones has stated on the exaggeration that we as christians should not do.

I know we all make mistakes but we should try in the spirit of Christ to correct them.

Anyway I'm going to start a new thread called "Thousands Flock to Revival in Search of Miracles"

2008/7/17 22:28Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone,

I would like to share with you all that my comments and participation in this thread has not been with the intent to defend the teachings or actions of Mr. Bently. I know very little about him or what is going on in connection with him, except some things I've read here(SI) and briefly skimming a page that Mike shared before this.

I think that it is reasonable for us to endeavor to maintain the highest standards of godly integrity and truthfulness in our actions amidst a community with the declared purpose of seeking and promoting that which is godly, genuine, and true.

Grace and peace to those in Christ Jesus,

Chris

2008/7/17 22:30Profile
dohzman

Re:

I can accept that Bentley really has some erro in his teachings, most evangelists I,ve seen do, they exagerate and use the Word of God out of context Alot! But here's what bothers me, all of these arguements start off with his teachings are false but they end up with the experiences that are happening are demonic. So they start off against the error he is preaching only to end up saying that because he teaches error, therefore all the healings and manifestations are lying signs and wonders and all the healings are false and God has nor gets any real glory in any of this. That's a big mistake: look at this closely:Mar 3:20 And He came home, and the crowd gathered again, to such an extent that they could not even eat a meal.
Mar 3:21 When His own people heard of this, they went out to take custody of Him; for they were saying, "He has lost His senses."
Mar 3:22 The scribes who came down from Jerusalem were saying, "He is possessed by Beelzebul," and " He casts out the demons by the ruler of the demons."
Mar 3:23 And He called them to Himself and began speaking to them in parables, "How can Satan cast out Satan?
Mar 3:24 "If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
Mar 3:25 "If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.
Mar 3:26 "If Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but he is finished!
Mar 3:27 " But no one can enter the strong man's house and plunder his property unless he first binds the strong man, and then he will plunder his house.

What I'm seeing at Lakeland is many sincere believers doing by faith the works of Christ as they believe the Holy Spirit is directing, because of that there are many miracles and healings happening(not to miss anything, salvations of all sorts). When you get dozens of christians who are on fire for the Lord and have removed all the limitations off God, and that small group comes together to offer true worship and praise, it doesn't matter who is in the pulpit because Jesus will show up!, and in the contest between light and darkness the presence of God always prevails. In the same manner we can preach repentance and limit God in our hearts and miss the mark completely and even though we have presented the Word of God , it does nothing at all in benefiting the hearers outside of maybe a few tears, but there's no real release, spiritually speaking. I see holiness people who are so fearful of any emotion that they can never be used of God outside of the natural man(You need to note that the Church of God is a Holiness Church movement,with a penecostal outpouring, a bit of history so you don't take me for being against holiness movements, I am for holiness). I also see some charismatics and penecostals so into "feelings" and being lead by thoughs feelings and calling it the Holy Spirit that they miss understanding what it is to be lead by a quickened Word from the Bible and the Spirit of God or the simple exercise of a principle from Gods' Word mixed with faith fully expecting something to happen just because its in His written Word. I think both extremes are unfortunate.
I still have to side on the hungry hearts, thoughs who are seeking the Lord for a healing or want to see if this is of the Lord. For the rest of us if we really believe that God hears and honors and answers our prayers than if we simply ask the Lord to protect them, He will, and we can rest in that. The truth however is that we don't believe He hears us, or that we believe that the devil is stronger than our prayers because we continue to yell at the darkness, scream, rant rave, throw stones and accusations when all we really needed was to truely believe and have "a little" faith and to lite our lamps with heavenly prayers and watch as heaven responds.

2008/7/17 22:58Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Regarding the angel business ...

[url=http://www.etpv.org/2003/angho.html]Angelic Hosts [/url]

2008/7/17 23:11Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
when I need a financial breakthrough I don't just pray and ask God for my financial breakthrough. I go into intercession and become a partner with the angels by petitioning the Father for the angels that are assigned to getting me money: "Father, give me the angels in heaven right now that are assigned to get me money and wealth. And let those angels be released on my behalf.

Quote:
I was at another meeting in Atlanta when my wife, Shonnah, saw two financial angels walk into the service and pour oil out on the pastor. Shonnah then knew there was financial breakthrough coming.

Quote:
She glided into the room, emitting brilliant light and colors. Emma carried these bags and began pulling gold out of them. Then, as she walked up and down the aisles of the church, she began putting gold dust on people. "God, what is happening?" I asked. The Lord answered: "She is releasing the gold, which is both the revelation and the financial breakthrough that I am bringing into this church.

Quote:
During this visitation the pastor's wife (it was an AOG church) got totally whacked by the Holy Ghost- she began running around barking like a dog or squawking like a chicken as a powerful prophetic spirit came on her. Also, as this prophetic anointing came on her, she started getting phone numbers of complete strangers and calling them up on the telephone and prophesying over them.

2008/7/17 23:24Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: An end

Let us put an end to this.

Watch and listen, scroll down to:

[url=http://www.sliceoflaodicea.com/?cat=15]Todd Bentley’s Strange “Revival” Continues[/url]

There is nothing left to say.

2008/7/18 0:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy