Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : INTER RACIAL MARRIAGES

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
AFRICANWARIV

Joplin, Missouri

INTER RACIAL MARRIAGES

I have been talking to various christians that I know and some of them that I respect, about interacial marriages and most of them seem to believe that inter-racial marriages do not work at all, wether we are christians or not.Most have said that there is an none verbal law that black and white do not mix.They argue that its worse if people are of different cultures and race. I thought love has a universal language and that the color of one's skin is not important and did not realise how christians thought about this. SO I WONDER WHAT IS YOUR VIEW POINT ON THIS

2004/7/4 23:11Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: INTER RACIAL MARRIAGES

In scripture God tells Israel not to inter-marry with other nations. Also you see in the story of the Tower of Babel where humanity tries to get together, and God judges them and seperates and scatters mankind across the world. I think God has a purpose in different nations and people groups and really only till recently has travel become such and ease that Inter-Racial marriage is a very possiblity for everyone no-matter what nation you live in the world. I really don't have an opinion at this point if its bad or good. I live in Canada where there are many different races and peoples, I myself don't have a solid racial identity and background, I am a mix of many european countries. I call myself canadian (which is a vague term :-P ) and I am caucasion. I can see in different countries where this might be more of an issue, its quite prevalent in Canada where I live.

2004/7/4 23:37Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

Acts 17:26
And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
this verse talks of the brother hood of man, divine control. ruler of destiny
Timotheus = timothy was Jew and Greek
the word says God is no respector of persons. we are all equal in Gods sight. man looks on the out wared apperance, God looks on the heart. So I'll Let God be true and so should you.

2004/7/5 0:29Profile
repenter

Southern Ontario, Canada

I have heard from people in the Southern U.S. (I'm Canadian) that they believe it is sin for people to racially inter-marry. I was appalled when I was exposed to this conversation. I don't see any support for this in the New Testament. I think that most people who would say that there are problems with inter racial marriage are speaking from personal preference, not Biblical conviction, and much of that is deeply rooted prejudice and racism based upon historical atrocity not Biblical conviction.

In the OT, inter-marriage was prohibited on the basis of spiritual purity, not racial purity. Ruth converted to judaism and married Boaz--and that was technically an inter-racial marriage. It does not appear condemned in that case but rather it is blessed and Ruth is a great example to all Christian women! We are all one in Christ. Neither Jew not Greek, Slave not Free, Male nor Female. Obviously all of these people have different God-ordained roles, but all are equal. The only prohibition on inter-marriage in the New Testament is between Believers and Un-Believers.

repenter:-)

2004/7/5 10:41Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Greetings bro!

It is great to have your contribution to SI brother! If you have not been to the welcome and introduction section of the site it would be a nice place to introduce yourself. I take it that from your username you too are from Africa…that makes three of us! Which part of Africa are you from?

After seeing your question, the only scripture that come to mind is this one:

Galatians3: 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

James

2004/7/5 11:14Profile
AFRICANWARIV

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Hie Brother

I am from Zimbabwe and I am studying theology in the USA. I am really suprised with racism. I never thought it would exist between christians who profess to love God, the creator of all races.Its been a challenge for me. I courting a white girl and I have been facing resitence from fellow christians and they have been trying to discourage me not to marry this girl that I love.I am suprised that Michael Jackson, a non believer sang a song "It does not matter if you are black or white" and we the children of God cannot embrace this at all. What of the Love that the bible teaches us about??

2004/7/5 11:45Profile
Nasher

Watford, UK

Re:

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

2004/7/5 11:48Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

I frankly don't see any Biblical admonition against marriage of another race. We're not to be unequally yoked but that means that believers aren't to be married to unbelievers.

My wife is Asian and I'm caucasian and I would recommend that you both seek the Lord. It's difficult for children in an interracial marriage, primarily due to the prejudice, that's why I would recommend that you seek the Lord fervently.

2004/7/5 11:59Profile
AFRICANWARIV

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

I really agree with you in that with God on our side nothing is impossible and especially to a prayerful person. Prayer changes things and situations are changed by us on our knees. If you have God in a relationship then you should not fear what man can do.

2004/7/5 12:06Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Neniwo ndiriwe kuZimbabwe!!

Zvirikufamba here mumwe wangu!!!

You don’t even have to tell me about all that man… I think the story of Jacob (Genesis 29) is the picture of a man overcoming great resistance when courting the apple of his eye. 14 years is a long time to wait for someone. I do not believe our generation is as patient and resilient as Jacob was, but the story used to inspire me when I was facing some opposition in matters of the heart. People will always be “concerned” about your love life no matter who you go after; it is human nature. The question you must ask yourself is, are you giving up more than your should? Keep in mind that the primary object of your worship is still God. If your other half does not amplify this desire to worship the living God then you may need to reassess your priorities. It is not good for man to be alone but your “helper” ceases to be helpful if your beliefs are not aligned congruently.

James

PS: Wakapedzesera kubva kumba rini?

2004/7/5 12:47Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy