SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Quantum Physics?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BrianPaul

Moorpark, CA

Quantum Physics?

Anyone know of any Christian physicists who can expound on the topic of Quantum Mechanics? I'm looking for reliable sources for this(not to say non Christians aren't reliable). Also if you are familiar with this stuff let me know what are some good resources for this.

2008/7/14 20:35Profile
Zionshield

Ohio

Re: Quantum Physics?

You may look at "the reasons to believe" website. Hugh Ross is a brilliant astro physicists. the site should have leads to other places close to your need.

2008/7/14 20:51Profile
JoanM

Have you searched the Center for Science and Culture at the Discovery Institute? http://www.discovery.org/csc/

Stephen C. Meyer is director and Senior Fellow (physics and geology, early background) He probably knows or knows how to find just the person to help if you don't find them yourself through this site. He participated in The Truth Project and is a staunch supporter of Intellegent Design. You should be clear in what your questions are/what you are looking for. Like why Quantum Physics? He has breadth.

2008/7/14 21:06Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

what exactly are you looking for? something specific?

2008/7/14 21:24Profile
BrianPaul

Moorpark, CA

Re:

Thanks for replies. i came across Quantum mechanics last night and it is quite interesting. Seeing the depth of God's creation, and the hits of eternity riddled in this science. Im just looking for a person i can learn about this stuff from. I know nothing about it yet, and was wanting to hear someone who is knowledgeable and a Christian who speaks well. I dont know how to make this question more specific.
the best i can say is if you have ever heard of A.E. Wilder Smith, thats what im looking for. For those of you who dont know him check him out. He is a dead brother with three doctorates and faith in our Lord. This guy is a genius.
Anyway, let me know what else you got.

2008/7/15 0:44Profile
paulamicela

Jason Lisle, Ph.D. in astrophysics. He is a brilliant scientist and a biblical creationist. See answersingenesis.org

2008/7/16 12:03Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi BrianPaul...

As an undergraduate Engineering major, I took three classes in Physics. I took the two required classes in University Physics (for science and engineering majors) and one class in AstroPhysics (just for fun). My professor for University Physics 1 and AstroPhysics was a good Christian man who happened to teach Sunday School at his congregation across the street from the University.

I used to sit in his office for hours just chatting about physics. Since he was a believer, it was interesting to understand his perspective in such matters. His research specifics included General Relativity and Solar Mechanics.

In addition, my roomate during most of my undergraduate degrees was a grad student majoring in Physics. Since we didn't have a TV, we spent quite a few nights just chatting about physics. I used to ask questions to my roomate, professors and their friends for which there aren't any known answers. In addition, I used to question the basis of General/Special Relativity -- that the "speed of light" is the universal constant (rather than the pre-Einstein theory that time was the constant). I used to ask for a definition of "speed." They would explain that speed was "distance divided by time," I used to question how both "distance" and "time" can be the figures by which lead to the theorized "constant" (since both "distance" and "time" are supposedly "relative" and cannot be constant -- since space is curved and time is relative to a single, instantaneous plane in space). As you can imagine, this typically resulted in a long discussion that ultimately led to a discussion about God.

Anyway, I haven't read many books from Christian scientists regarding the matter of Quantum Mechanics. However, I would recommend Dr. Stephen Hawking's [i]A Brief History of Time[/i] if only to understand -- from a very abbrieviated and less mathematical explanation -- just what most major scientists embrace. Dr. Hawking is not a Christian. However, he embraces a concept about "God" in that the universe has a very defined order (and there is just so much that we do not know). This, of course, is not the God of the Bible, but it is a very informative read and is a much needed admission about what scientists do NOT know.

Anyway, I hope that you can find what you're looking for!

:-)

2008/7/16 14:35Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Wow. I haven't read that many big words since college.

2008/7/16 17:24Profile
Compton

Re:

Although you specifically requested Christian scientists, any introduction to this topic might not be complete without at least a passing glance to the 'documentary' "[url=http://www.amazon.com/What-Bleep-QUANTUM-Three-Disc-Special/dp/B000FKO3JO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1216244445&sr=8-1]What the Bleep.[/url]" Told from a decidedly anti-Christian point of view, this best selling movie blends an engaging introduction to quantum physics into a crash course on new age spirituality. It starts out entertaining and ends up being more then just a little creepy. I would be curious to hear the opinions of creationist scientists about this film.

MC

2008/7/16 17:41Profile
IsaiahSix3

Re:

I just wanted to re-emphasize the website someone already gave ANSWERSINGENESIS.ORG

Quantum physics and just about any other science related issue from a Christian perspective. Their ministry has changed my life and increased my faith exponentially!!

2008/7/17 0:25Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy