SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Kay Authur warns of a famine coming to America

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Now my question is: was her concern based on reading a contemporary book or is this information the result of divine inspiration?

As a general rule I would say that at times God will use things like this book to open up a persons reason that they will begin listening to God in ways they had before shut down. I am of the persuasion that people try to 'filter' out what God tries to say to them and because God will still use the ministers to accomplish His purposes they remain anyhow. But God deals with ministers just like He does the people. He brings them along and opens their eyes with various [i]means[/i]. And sometimes people will hear things and seek other forms of validating it before mentioning it to the people. I am not saying this is right, but it happens. The last thing anyone wants to be is a false prophet.

2008/7/16 9:18Profile
JoanM

Re: Famine

Before my town shuts down electricity for repair for the day, 2 Samuel 24 was in my mind early this morning, as I posted elsewhere (mud thread), as choices we might have somehow made. Oh that we would choose the Lord now to come and cleanse us in Revival. Sorry I have not had the time to pray through this.

2008/7/16 10:44Profile

Re:

Here's all the information I could find so far:

"Monday, July 7, 2008

America at the Crossroads
Hope you all had a great 4th of July celebrating our freedom and independence as a nation.

It only seems appropriate to post the notes from Kay Arthur's message today after the July 4th weekend. So many of you have asked for copies of the Saturday morning message at Deeper Still: The Event by Kay Arthur. My best advice is to continue checking Precept Ministries website to see if they are going to produce an audio copy of the message....."

http://blogs.lifeway.com/blog/deeperstill/2008/07/america_at_the_crossroads.html#comments

2008/7/16 12:14

Re:

According to one reader on this blog there will be no audio or video:

"..I emailed Precept Ministries and they promptly emailed me that since it was a Lifeway conference there would be no video or anything available...."

2008/7/16 12:26
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

here is a clarification from kay arthur about this:

After receiving an email from someone on my mailing list asking how Kay received the warning on the coming famine, I emailed Kay's ministry directly to ask some questions. (Precept Ministries International - www.precept.org) Their response to me was the following:

Thank you for emailing Precept Ministries International about the Deeper Still conference. Unfortunately, we will not be able to confirm at this time that this is what Kay said at the conference. Her assistant is currently getting in touch with her about the conference and what she said.

You can, however, look online at our ministry’s promotion of nation-wide prayer. Go to www.precept.org, and on the rotating banner in the center of the homepage, there is a link to information about the nation-wide prayer. If it doesn’t appear right away, simply click the “More” button. Additionally, we will not be providing a recording of the conference. It was a Lifeway-sponsored event (and so they would be the ones responsible for providing a recording), but there are no plans for them to provide one at this time.

I will certainly pass along your email to Kay's assistant; she is currently gathering these as she researches it, so that we can get back with those interested at a later time. Have a blessed day in the Lord.

I then received the following email from Jeanette Fox who is evidently from Precept Ministries. Just to be sure that this email was in fact from Precept Ministries, I emailed them and asked them to verify that this email was in fact from Kay Arthur and they confirmed that it was. So, please read the following from Precept Ministries International:

Precept Ministries International has received numerous inquiries concerning Kay’s teaching at the Deeper Still Event in Atlanta several weeks ago. We would now like to take this opportunity to have Kay personally respond to the comments made about a famine in America. Here is Kay’s response below:

My dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I would like to clarify what I said about a famine at the Deeper Still Conference. I just finished listening to the CD of the message so I could know exactly what I said. I did not say that God had revealed to me that a literal famine is coming to America. Physical, not spiritual.

Those words were not said, not indicated. I did not have a revelation from God rather I was simply saying what the Bible teaches. Let me repeat what I said in the context of famine as a judgment and the sale of rice by Wal-Mart… I said, America “is set for famine”.

This was said in the light of the context of my reference to Ezekiel 14. In other words, we are inviting a famine because a famine is one of the judgments of the Lord on a nation that commits unfaithfulness (Ezekiel 14:12-20). I also mentioned that the sale of rice had been ‘rationed’ by Wal-Mart. And while I did not mention it, the price of wheat had gone up significantly. We are having crop failures because of the weather.

As you can see there is a big difference between saying I had a revelation from God and what I actually said.

Thank you all for your prayers for our nation.….press on, 2 Timothy 4:1-4.

Kay

2008/7/26 20:10Profile
Luisa

Re: Famine warning

We should need no threat of famine or other evils to motivate us to serve the Lord Jesus doing His bidding. The motive of our service to Him should be love of Him and willingness to follow where He leads no matter if it leads through famine or hell or death. We must trust Him fully and honor Him completely by doing as He taught without heed for our personal welfare or well being. Fear of famine or any thing else must not rule our motivation. He told us to fear not! Many evils are actually brought about because people act in response to fear instead of following Jesus. A famine based on shortage of food may be coming in this world, but we already have a famine of the knowledge of Jesus's boundless love. That is definitely a vacuum we can each help fill by living as He taught us to live. Love, Luisa

ginnyrose wrote:
While Kay Arthur is not on my list of favorite people, I do think her message on a possible famine may have some merit.

I was not going to post this until I have heard more about this from experts but since this thread introduced this idea, I think I will share it.

In the past few weeks we have had customers at our greenhouse complaining about the purple hull pea crop this year. The pods are long like normal but many are not filled out with peas. My question is do purple hull peas require bees for pollination and since there is the problem of bee colony collapse, does it mean the pea flowers did not pollinate, hence the absence of beans in the pod? Weather is OK, while we are dry - in places- we did have more rain this year then last year so I do not think weather should be a factor. If more crops are not being pollinated that depend on bees for it to happen, the probability of a famine is within the range of common sense. Not all crops are dependent on bees for pollination: some, like tomatoes can be pollinated by bees or wind. We have used both methods in the greenhouses.

Just my two cents for whatever it is worth...
ginnyrose

2008/8/5 15:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy