SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Kay Authur warns of a famine coming to America

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Let's not forget this prophesy either:

[url=http://www.tscpulpitseries.org/english/1990s/ts980622.html]America's Golden Calf Is Coming Down![/url]

2008/7/15 7:42
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

Thanks, Rivqah for posting both of those sites. David Wilkerson speaks, i believe, the full counsel of God in that...

It is edifying to all of us...

2008/7/15 8:35Profile
IsaiahSix3

Re:

Very sobering, especially since I've been reading David Wilkerson's book Vision lately. It says essentially the same thing. I had even started stocking up on some things as a result of reading what he wrote, now reading this is a little somber. Wow. Thanks for sharing it.

2008/7/15 8:48Profile

Re:

Amen. Pray!!!

2008/7/15 9:13
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Kay Authur warns of a famine coming to America

[i]I said I would be silent ...[/i]

Somewhere there is a verse to that expression. Without sensation, I was taken back by this. This morning I opened my bible to;

[i]And Baruch son of Neriah doth according to all that Jeremiah the prophet commanded him, to read in the book the words of Jehovah in the house of Jehovah.[/i] Jer 36:8

One of those flip open the scriptures and ... Read back through chapter 35 to regain the context.

To find it here afterwards ...

This is very sobering and I must say coming from Kay Arthur ... I have never known her to be given to anything of this sort, it grabbed my attention. Whatever might be said, she is very knowledgeable of the scriptures.

For those of us who recall, our brothers with their prophetic utterances last year about the economy crashing down ... well, they missed it last year but it is getting very difficult to not take notice of what is happening all around us. Let's be honest about it.

Maybe the rant is worth posting after all.

Sobriety.

Prayer.

2008/7/15 9:39Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Kay Authur warns of a famine coming to America

Quote:
Very sobering, especially since I've been reading David Wilkerson's book Vision lately.

Yes I have re-read his 2 books the "vision" and "set the trumpet to thy mouth." I have been reading ezekiel 14 that Kay Arthur alluded to:

[b]Ezekiel 14[/b]

1Then came certain of the elders of Israel unto me, and sat before me.

2And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

3Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their heart, and put the stumblingblock of their iniquity before their face: should I be enquired of at all by them?

4Therefore speak unto them, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Every man of the house of Israel that setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to the prophet; I the LORD will answer him that cometh according to the multitude of his idols;

5That I may take the house of Israel in their own heart, because they are all estranged from me through their idols.

6Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Repent, and turn yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations.

7For every one of the house of Israel, or of the stranger that sojourneth in Israel, which separateth himself from me, and setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to a prophet to enquire of him concerning me; I the LORD will answer him by myself:

8And I will set my face against that man, and will make him a sign and a proverb, and I will cut him off from the midst of my people; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

9And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.

10And they shall bear the punishment of their iniquity: the punishment of the prophet shall be even as the punishment of him that seeketh unto him;

11That the house of Israel may go no more astray from me, neither be polluted any more with all their transgressions; but that they may be my people, and I may be their God, saith the Lord GOD.

12The word of the LORD came again to me, saying,

13Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it:

14Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD.

15If I cause noisome beasts to pass through the land, and they spoil it, so that it be desolate, that no man may pass through because of the beasts:

16Though these three men were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither sons nor daughters; they only shall be delivered, but the land shall be desolate.

17Or if I bring a sword upon that land, and say, Sword, go through the land; so that I cut off man and beast from it:

18Though these three men were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither sons nor daughters, but they only shall be delivered themselves.

19Or if I send a pestilence into that land, and pour out my fury upon it in blood, to cut off from it man and beast:

20Though Noah, Daniel, and Job were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness.

21For thus saith the Lord GOD; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast?

22Yet, behold, therein shall be left a remnant that shall be brought forth, both sons and daughters: behold, they shall come forth unto you, and ye shall see their way and their doings: and ye shall be comforted concerning the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, even concerning all that I have brought upon it.

23And they shall comfort you, when ye see their ways and their doings: and ye shall know that I have not done without cause all that I have done in it, saith the Lord GOD.

2008/7/15 12:52Profile

Re: Kay Authur warns of a famine coming to America

Quote:
On June 27th and 28th I attended a conference in Atlanta called “Deeper Still.”

is there away to get this message??

2008/7/15 22:09
IsaiahSix3

Re:

I am wondering if - since she's on the radio everyday right? - she may have said something on her radio program lately about it. If it was troubling her the way it sounded like it was, it would seem odd for her not to make mention of it over the airwaves as a warning to all the people who listen to her program. Anyone know if she's said anything there?

2008/7/15 22:13Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Here is an article that reports Kay Arthurs speech in Atlanta:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=68629

Now my question is: was her concern based on reading a contemporary book or is this information the result of divine inspiration? It does not take a theologian to see the world is heading for something dramatic and it won't be funny. Many are skeptical because of the natural disasters that occur with a frequency of a woman in "travail". Then you have the political situations here and in other places. The confidence that all things will continue as they have been just does not seem to register in many people's minds.

We have talked about a possible upcoming famine and that seems logical. One site mentioned the shortage of fertilizer. This is right on: recently another tomato grower told us how we may not be able to get fertilizer to feed our plants. So my husband called our supplier who admitted there might be a shortage but their longtime faithful customers will have nothing to fear, but the others would. Some fertilizers' prices have risen dramatically since last year...

So, if you want to assure yourself of a decent food supply, it would be in your best interests to plant a garden and preserve its produce. If it is too late, go to your farmer's market and buy in bulk and then can or freeze it for future use. And for meat you could raise rabbits - they multiply fast - for slaughter, and then use their wastes for fertilizer. So you can easily with some effort stockpile food, but what will happen when those who refused to do so know you have it, will they rob and kill to get it? This is what many of my friends think will happen. But never mind..we must do what seems essential for the time and wait and see what happens - God will be with us and them. Somehow the story of the wise virgins and the foolish ones come to mind here - is there any significance?

Yes, we live in uncertain times..

ginnyrose

2008/7/15 22:38Profile

Re:

Quote:
Now my question is: was her concern based on reading a contemporary book or is this information the result of divine inspiration?

Amen!! I agree completely. I was somewhat discouraged because I clicked the link and found out that it was a contemporary book, that was being promoted! I assumed that KayArthur received some insightful knowledge through study and prayer and was bringing to the people. I think any wise and prudent Christian can see what media, movies, government and so on are doing! My wife actually gets tired of me getting me mad about it, because I am always questioning to some degree...I am not a conspiracy theorist, but if you really look close enough you can see behind the cover of deception.

For me it is no different than being a sensationalist and emotional basket case, I can watch Foxnews,CNN, and MSNBC and get emotional about the state of America. And get scared!!

GinnyRose is correct, we know that we live in uncertain times and we need to be wise and prayerful into what God may have us to do. We were a country FOUNDED on biblical guidance, but I am firm believer that we are not a "Christian" country. I can't call myself a Christian unless I confess and believe in Jesus Christ! Where is that in the constitution? Forgive me, I am not trying to change the subject content, but I think it goes without saying, if we get our minds un-wrapped from that lie, I don't think the church will mover forward.

Got to go, love you all
:-)

2008/7/16 7:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy