SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Dr. John MacArthur's Response to Osteen's "Your Best Life Now"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
rbanks

Re:

I thought I would bring in a quote from another thread at this time.

“I believe there is something to be learned from all of this. According to the bible Paul was a man who wept and had a great concern for all the churches. He saw the dangers that were among them and the dangers coming. Yes, he preached and taught against heresy and error among them. He even confronted Peter and said he was to be blamed. But we read no where in the bible that he named names just to be naming them. He never spoke with hatred in his heart toward anyone. He never used humor, jokes, constant criticism, ill will, or any carnal attitude toward anyone. We also can’t find any place in the bible where Peter did not receive Paul’s correction in the right spirit.” -Quote by rbanks

2008/7/16 13:12Profile

Re: Who do we Defend?

Quote:

4givenchris wrote:
I saw the clips of Joel Osteen on Larry King and the things that came straight from his mouth were very disturbing in light of the true Biblical message. I remember him saying that Jesus was NOT the only way (among other things). It should all end there. His message is Universalism and his theology is Humanistic.

MY Words....Brothertom... This is indisputable testimony, and Chris is crystal clear in his discernment. My question is, why would a Christian defend such obvious heresy. This is nothing less than a doctrine from Satan himself. Believing these ideas, and principles will destroy those who do, in eternal punishment.

Our arguments and dialogue become meaningless when we ignore the Holy Scriptures in lieu of our soulish sentiments. How could a real Christian sit under a teacher, week after week, absorbing his motivational speeches, that does not believe the teachings of Jesus? "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No man comes to the Father, except through me!"

If we try to go another way, Jesus said it is the way of the thief. Wedding garments are washed white in the Blood of Jesus. No Holy Blood, No garment, no Wedding. You then are found outside of the gate, with the rest of the LIARS.

The Early Apostles took time out to warn the young about false Apostles, for they knew the Hell that followed their words. They also loved the lost, as God does, and took no pleasure in the death of the wicked; so they warned.

This is far too obvious, under these circumstances to debate. Joel Olsteen is not a disciple of Christ Jesus, but preaches another, all encompassing Gospel. There is a narrow gate in the Words, "No man comes to the Father, except through ME!"

Then there is a WIDE gate. It leads to HADES and the Lake of Fire. Joel Olsteen teaches a very wide gate is your best life....for now.

Brothertom

2008/7/16 13:14
vsuarez7

Re:

Quote:

davym wrote:
Quote:
He that has ears to hear, let them hear. You're hearing-filters are jammed with so much negativity that you could not hear nor comprehend what was being ministered to you. Hearing, they will not hear. Seeing, they will not see. It's a shame.

Just think you should be careful here brother. Just because Mr BillPro likes Joel Osteen does not mean he does not have ears to hear (spiritually speaking).

I did not mean to intimate that he does not have ears to hear because he likes Mr. Osteen. I was speaking of my admonitions to him to refrain from using rough tactics to get his point across. I trust that you read my entire post. If so, you should have come away with that thought. Based on his reply to me, it appears he did not understand what I was ministering to him. We often share our opinion without regard to how we are ministering it. MrBillPro was being crude and that is clearly against the Spirit and the spirit in which we must all minister the truth. We must always keep in mind that we are CHRISTians. We represent HIM. So, let's keep it in the spirit of the word, His word, not ours. We belong to Him. We our no longer our own. We are His servants. Purchased by His blood.

Now, if I seemed to be judging my brother (MrBillPro) then I apologize. That was not my intention. Thanks for this observation Davym.

2008/7/16 20:12Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

A few points of clarification.

A search here on Mr. Olsen will bear out many prior postings. Our brother Bill attends his church and has expressed a variety of thought for his reasons of continuing there.

What is unfortunate is that very little is being addressed about the content (in general) and more so on the motivations, whether they be the poster or John MacArthur.

Brother Bill, it does not do any good to defend on the one hand and accuse on the other if you yourself have not read what has been presented and cannot comment on those issues you disagree with scripturally from the same content. This has grown a bit weary that every time his name is mentioned there is a rush of defense and they are always along these same lines but rarely on what is being taught, written, spoken.

You make this very difficult brother, every time. I am sorry that you cannot see the concerns through whatever noise is being generated but the matter is, is it scriptural or not? Does it conform to the precepts and principles and those things plainly stated or does it not? It is not a matter of opinion and it is not a matter of personality, "what sayeth the scriptures?"

Remember also that the underlying premise in these discussions is to "[i]play the ball not the man[/i]."

[i]These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.[/i] Joh 16:33

2008/7/16 22:40Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

crsschk wrote:
This has grown a bit weary that every time his name is mentioned there is a rush of defense and they are always along these same lines but rarely on what is being taught, written, spoken.

But yet the site supports him his name and ticket sales are all over the place, could you please explain why his name would even be on this site period? is it the money or does someone actually support him here? to me personally this would appear to be a double standard. What "is" he doing good that would allow you to even have his name posted on the site? I know it's not whats being taught, written, spoken. I really need some clarity here I don't need anymore confusion about my Pastor this is not helping me at all. I really hope and pray someone reads this post in Love and is willing to explain my concerns in a Godly manner. If the site is willing to have his name posted, that would be supporting him in some way and you would think a someone might jump in and find something good to say about him if there willing to take his money.
I really hope someone sees my confusion here and tries to help me and not get bent out of shape over my justifiable questions in my opinion.

2008/7/17 9:18Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

?

Not following brother ...

Quote:
But yet the site supports him his name and ticket sales are all over the place, could you please explain why his name would even be on this site period?

Who, which site?
Quote:
is it the money or does someone actually support him here? to me personally this would appear to be a double standard.

On SI?

2008/7/17 9:28Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Mike I have a snapshot of the top of my page were it says, Joel Osteen tickets on sale now and browse Joel Osteen now if you want I will send you the snapshot.

2008/7/17 9:36Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Are you talking about the Google ad's?

Bill, these things are generated randomly by utilizing searches from words and generating whatever is common to them. It is no different than putting in John MacArthur or Joel Olsteen into Yahoo or Googles regular search function and getting the results.

Because the Google search function was incorporated into SI as an additional help to search SI, it is part of the package. Those things that it generates are not an endorsement.

2008/7/17 9:44Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Mike, I did not know that I am sorry, but yet I was confused, I hope you will understand it was not meant to be an attack, but at this point while I have my Pastor and Lakewood in Prayer this added to my confusion, but you cleared that up right away and I appreciate it and the way you handled it.
God Bless
Mr. Bill

2008/7/17 9:48Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

No problem at all, I understand.

Keep praying Bill ... something we could all do a great deal more of, myself more than any.

2008/7/17 9:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy