SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The 11th Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Steal Crackers!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

The 11th Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Steal Crackers!

This is perhaps the most rediculous news item I've read in a long time... and is the perfect example of the supersticious and heretical nature of the Roman Catholic Church.

For those who do not know, the RCC teaches that when the preist blesses the wafer used in communion (known as the "Eucharist") it literally and mysteriously becomes the actual body of Christ, and the wine literally and mysteriously becomes the actual blood of Christ.

The fact is, it's just as much a wafer once it enters your digestive system as it was when it was loaded on the truck at the factory in which it was made.

But the Catholic Defense League is calling what this kid did a "hate crime"!

If you come to our house church... we'll pray over the loaf of homemade bread we use for communion... and you are free to eat as much as you want. If you want to take some home with you, my wife will make another loaf for ya and we'll pray over it and you can take it home and enjoy that too! And if you steal a loaf of bread from my house... I'll forgive you. It's not that big of a deal to me. You just work out your theivery with God.

Krispy

[b]Student Who Took Religious Icon Getting Death Threats[/b]

[i]By Cheryl Getuiza
FOX 35 NEWS

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) --A UCF student claims he’s getting death threats for messing with something sacred.

Webster Cook says he smuggled a Eucharist, a small bread wafer that to Catholics symbolic of the Body of Christ after a priest blesses it, out of mass, didn’t eat it as he was supposed to do, but instead walked with it.

Catholics worldwide became furious.

Webster’s friend, who didn’t want to show his face, said he took the Eucharist, to show him what it meant to Catholics.

Webster gave the wafer back, but the Catholic League, a national watchdog organization for Catholic rights claims that is not enough.

“We don’t know 100% what Mr. Cooks motivation was,” said Susan Fani a spokesperson with the local Catholic diocese. “However, [b]if anything were to qualify as a hate crime, to us this seems like this might be it.[/b]”

We just expect the University to take this seriously,” she added “To send a message to not just Mr. Cook but the whole community that this kind of really complete sacrilege will not be tolerated.”

Webster just wants all of this to go away. Especially now that he feels his life is in danger.

University officials said, that as for right now, Webster Cook is not in trouble. If anyone or any group wants to file a formal complaint with the University through the student judicial system, they can.

It that happens, Webster will go through a hearing either in front of an administrative panel or a panel of his peers.[/i]

2008/7/9 9:03
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: The 11th Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Steal Crackers!

Something that isn't clear is if he was given the wafer by the priest after he blessed it, or did the priest just bless a bunch of wafers and people just helped themselves?

Either way, that doesn't seem like stealing, not if it is given to you, or if it is there take or leave.

Also, what exactly is the university supposed to do about it? Sacrilege? To take and return a wafer is sacrilege?

He wanted to show what it meant to the Catholics.

Well, he sure did!

2008/7/9 9:35Profile

Re:

lol...yea, if he had any doubts as to what it meant to Catholics, he got his answer!

I kinda wondered what the University was supposed to do about it. It didnt happen on campus, as far as I can tell from the story, so what jurisdiction would they have... other than the Catholic League is calling it a "hate crime".

All crime is a "hate crime". Ever heard of a "love crime"?

Krispy

2008/7/9 10:04
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

It sad to see any institution make Christ off limits to people. What ever happened to forgiveness?

May the Lord have mercy.

2008/7/9 10:58Profile
JelloTaster

Winnipeg MB

Re:

About five years ago, my wife and I were in Europe and went to see the Vienna Boys Choir perform. They do their performance during a mass and communion was held. Well, being of Anabaptist decent, I had heard what the Catholics believe about the Eucarist and decided not to participate. Well, the wafer was basically shoved in my mouth so I took it out and put it in my pocket. I never realized the implications of this until now. I guess I'm lucky no one noticed!

2008/7/9 14:15Profile
dohzman

Re: The 11th Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Steal Crackers!

If you want to take some home with you, my wife will make another loaf for ya and we'll pray over it and you can take it home and enjoy that too!

does that second loaf come with peanut butter and jelly??? if it does... next time I'm in NC ---dude, I am so there!

2008/7/9 14:55Profile

Re:

Quote:
does that second loaf come with peanut butter and jelly??? if it does... next time I'm in NC ---dude, I am so there!

No no no, my brother! You dont put peanut butter and jelly on homemade bread!

You smother it in butter. Not margarine, either... I'm talking thick sweet butter. The kind that clogs you arteries within seconds of being eaten.

THAT is how you eat homemade bread.

Ugh... now I need homemade bread. As soon as my wife wakes from her nap I'm gonna have to beg her to bake me some!

Krispy

2008/7/9 15:53

Re:

Quote:
About five years ago, my wife and I were in Europe and went to see the Vienna Boys Choir perform

You lost me at "Vienna Boys Choir"... ! ;-)

It's odd that you were basically "forced" to take the wafer. My wife and I have friends who are die hard Catholics... and they have a ton of kids. We always go to the christenings out of love for them... not because of any other reasons. To me, it would be like going to the wedding of one of their kids. We have very frank discussions about religion from time to time, and every time they have another baby and they invite us to the christening they make sure we know that because we are not Catholics we can not partake of the Eucharist.

I always smile and say "dont worry... we won't."

Then we go and all the Catholics are getting on their knees and then standing and then back to the knees... etc etc... and my wife and I and our kids just sit there.

But anyway, point being... we're always warned ahead of time not to partake. So it seems odd they would be so forward as to not even question you as to whether or not your Catholic.

Krispy

2008/7/9 15:59
JelloTaster

Winnipeg MB

Re:

I went to a mass here in Canada and when I refused the wafer, the priest simply prayed a blessing. I can only assume that things are a bit different in Europe.

2008/7/9 21:08Profile
dohzman

Re:

Just a quick question. Is it bread yet?

2008/7/9 21:32Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy