SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : RAY COMFORT TO SPEAK WITH WORD OF FAITH HERETICS, AGAIN

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

I found it here.

[url=http://www.sliceoflaodicea.com/?p=977]Link[/url]

Does this help you?

Danielle

2008/7/7 16:00Profile

Re:

Quote:
i love Ray, I hate lies. Not to say that your lying, but I am calling you out on this letter.

What is this about??? I think we should hesitate long and hard before we insinuate... or even suggest... that someone is lying. Especially a brother or sister on this forum.

I think the attitude that is coming thru in your post is uncalled for.

Verify the letter if you want to. But hold off on cloaked accusations.

Krispy

2008/7/7 16:09
warriorofgod

Re:

Thank you for answering my question.

I do have one more. Why isn't this published with a formal Livingwaters letter? Does anyone remember when Livingwaters stepped away from Christian Global network people? Was not the letter done in a formal way with at least a symbol to represent the organization?

Who is starting this mess anyway?

Notice the letter Starts off by saying "Dear Brother and sister". That means it was to be read to a public audience, not a private one. Why aren't there validating links to this letter (from the original source) that show that Ray indeed wrote this letter? Why are these people on these websites the only one on this, since this is such a big deal?

I am deeply concerned about whether or not the accusations or the letter is even true? Someone help answer ALL my questions...PLEASE!!!

2008/7/7 16:13Profile

Re:

I'm confused... who are you calling a liar? The person who posted the letter/link... or the owner of the blog?

I think you need to take your question to the blogger who posted it on the internet. Asking your question here isnt going to solve anything. I dont know about anyone else, but I dont feel obliged to proove this to you one way or the other. I didnt post it. And if you dont get a satisfactory answer from the blogger and you feel that it's a fakery... contact Ray Comfort and let him know about it. He's not that hard to get ahold of.

Krispy

2008/7/7 16:27
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi warriorofGod...

I understand your desire to validate this letter. Personally, I think that it reflects the nature of Ray Comfort's personality and beliefs as articulated through his messages. However, if you want to validate that letter, perhaps you could write to Living Waters Ministries? In fact, I think that one of the past moderators ("ForEvidence"?) used to (or perhaps still does) work for Living Waters.

Anyway, regardless of the final authenticity of the letter, I am glad that the points spelled out by it cause us to understand the possibility of a man to speak at a gathering where false doctrine is preached. After all, isn't this what Peter, Paul and even Jesus did on a regular basis? It isn't giving approval to their doctrinal views...any more than his presence would indicate that these prosperity preachers approve of Brother Ray's views.

The whole issue -- letter or no letter -- is all a bit silly (if you ask me). I wouldn't judge the man as the result of WHERE he preached. Rather, I would carefully weigh WHAT he preached when he was there.

:-)

2008/7/7 16:38Profile

Re:

Quote:
The whole issue -- letter or no letter -- is all a bit silly (if you ask me). I wouldn't judge the man as the result of WHERE he preached. Rather, I would carefully weigh WHAT he preached when he was there.

Thats an excellent point, bro. I know Christians (myself included) who have witnessed in bars... only to be condemned for even walking in a bar by fellow Christians.

If we wittle it down far enough... we wont preach the Word anywhere but behind the pulpit. And the last time I checked... the world isnt beating a path to the churches.

Krispy

2008/7/7 16:46
warriorofgod

Re:

Kritter,

Hold your horses! i wasn't calling you a liar. i just asked if you would validate the letter. Jeez. Chill out.

2008/7/7 16:55Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Ray Comfort

Hi Warrior,

Can vouch for this, received it via email the other day, unable to find it now but the original posted here has his email at the bottom, you could always write him for further verification.

2008/7/7 22:32Profile
warriorofgod

Re: Ray Comfort

thank you.

2008/7/8 1:25Profile
Limey153

Berkshire, England

Re:

Quote:
Thats an excellent point, bro. I know Christians (myself included) who have witnessed in bars... only to be condemned for even walking in a bar by fellow Christians.

Amen!! excellent point Krispy.
We should also remember that our precious Lord was also accused in much the same way. Despised for speaking to and indeed even eating with the sinners. I can completely see where our brother Ray Comfort is coming from on this matter, afterall do we think the the true word of God cannot prevail amongst the lies of the prosperity preachers? Surely not!! This is indeed where we NEED the true gospel preached!

This situation also speaks volumes regarding Rays caracter. After all, preaching what Ray preaches at events like this is likely to provoke anger from many people. It goes to show that he is not seeking to please men but intent on pleasing God only.

2008/7/8 5:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy