SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sermon to DVD Help

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Matthew2323

Colorado

Sermon to DVD Help

Hello everyone. I have a favor to ask...

I'd like to get a copy of the Richard Owen Roberts sermon (video) "Seek My Face". The only access I have to the internet is at my office. What that translates to, is I cannot download files here at work and get them to a format that I can take home.

My favor is this: Would any of you have the time and technology to download this video and burn it onto a DVD for me? I would be more than happy to reimburse you for the materials and postage. Please contact me and let me know. Thanks for considering.

God bless,
Matthew

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=279]Mr. Roberts videos on SI[/url]

2004/7/2 18:06Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Sermon to DVD Help

I would be happy to download the video's and copy them to a CD for you in their native format (windows media). I don't have a DVD burner so I can't do that for you.

As an alternative, I do believe I have the tools to copy the video sermons to VCD format which could be played in most any DVD player.

Also, the frame rates are pretty low on the windows media video's, I'm not sure how well it would come out in DVD format, do you have the tools to burn from .wmv's to DVD?

Let me know what ya want to do, this may provide a good opportunity for us to meet.

In Christ,

Ron

2004/7/2 21:31Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Sermon to DVD Help

Quote:
My favor is this: Would any of you have the time and technology to download this video and burn it onto a DVD for me? I would be more than happy to reimburse you for the materials and postage. Please contact me and let me know. Thanks for considering.

Brother Matthew, I have gotten VHS copies of these sermons and then encoded them onto the computer at a LOW RATE (web quality) to upload onto SermonIndex. Then I have returned all the videos back to Richard Owen Roberts through a friend. So therefore the video recordings on SermonIndex are not DVD-Quality at all and are very much degraded from pure VHS quality. The format that most videos are in on SermonIndex is (wmv) windows media format which is a compressed format. If the format was AVI or MPEG then it could be put to a DVD because its uncompressed, the problem with uncompressed video files is the sizes will be 300-500+ MB instead of the 50-100 MB for the compressed ones.

A big reason I cant really get the VHS's I have into DVD quality is the computers I have here at my home. I have a laptop and another desktop computer that are both running on LOW celeron level processors and therefore aren't good enough for high-end video work. I am praying enough support will come in that I can get a better computer system.

2004/7/2 21:36Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Also, the frame rates are pretty low on the windows media video's, I'm not sure how well it would come out in DVD format, do you have the tools to burn from .wmv's to DVD?

Brother Ron you are right it will be low quality due to the low frame rate. I just checked out this software: http://www.alldj.com and it seems quite good, I purchased it and am trying out it intially to make a DVD from .wmv I will see how my old computer keeps up.. hehe

[b]Super DVD creator[/b]
Super DVD Creator was designed to convert your Asf Wmv AVI DivX to VCD SVCD or DVD. You can use this software to create VCD/DVD from your digital video recorder, Webcam, or downloaded file. Super DVD Creator is a powerful, splendid and simple to use application for AVI Rm Divx Wmv Asf to VCD, AVI Rm Divx Wmv Asf to DVD and AVI to SVCD VCD DVD video converting.

Create VCD from RM,Wmv,Asf,Avi Divx Mpeg file
Create SVCD from RM,Asf,Wmv,Avi Divx Mpeg file
Create DVD from RM,Asf,Wmv,Avi Divx Mpeg file
Convert RM,Asf,Wmv Avi Divx Mpeg file to Mpeg (PAL / NTSC)
Support RM,Asf,Wmv,Avi,Mpeg,Divx,Xvid ,Mov media format.
Burn Media file to DVD VCD SDVD Disc.
DVD VCD SVCD Video Disk Burner Inside !
Build DVD in 60 mins .(depends on your system speeds)

Batch convert all movies direct to DVD or VCD SVCD.

[b]$29.90[/b]

2004/7/2 21:48Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

I am just wondering if anyone had any progress on this. I successfully copied a .wmv recording of 'the sermon on the mount' by Keith Daniel to a DVD! the quality is not DVD quality nor even vhs quality but is watchable and bearable. It took quite awhile on my old computer about 2 hours. But it works in an actual DVD player with a TV. I am going to try doing a higher quality one from VHS and see how it panes out.

2004/7/5 23:02Profile
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re: DVDs

Ron,
(((((Also, the frame rates are pretty low on the windows media video's, I'm not sure how well it would come out in DVD format, do you have the tools to burn from .wmv's to DVD?
Let me know what ya want to do, this may provide a good opportunity for us to meet.)))))

No, unfortunately I don't have the computer tools to do this. Our PC at home is good for word processing. It is pretty old. We will upgrade one of these days... I will be back in town on the 18th, but too late for church. We can meet either at church the week following or some time before then. So, if you wouldn't mind, please try the VCD format and we can go from there. Thank you so very much!

Greg,
Thank you for the technical information. I had wondered about file size, especially with a Richard Owen Roberts sermon! ;-) The quality of the video isn't too much of a concern. If it is not that good, I can turn the TV monitor off and still hear the audio through my stereo. Please let me know how the next VHS-to-DVD trial goes. I don't know if anyone else is interested in this, but the DVD is really the only option I have for these sermons. Plus I'd like to share the DVDs them with friends as well. (If not the visual, we can record the audio on a CD.)

I do appreciate you help, my brothers.

Yours in Him,
Matthew

2004/7/6 11:43Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy