SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : 106 days until the Lilburn, GA, USA Revival Conference

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 106 days until the Lilburn, GA, USA Revival Conference

106 days until the Lilburn, GA, USA Revival Conference

Once you understand the impossibility of man bringing revival, let me tell you the possibility of revival. "With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible" (Matt. 19:26). I see some possibilities that I am excited about. When we see God is at work, we need to take notice, and we need to be a part of it. We need to fan that flame and to pray and to seek the face of God where He is at work.

The first thing I see is that God is doing something among young people. Many of the revivals of the past in our country started on university campuses. Today you can sense somewhat the presence of God at work among university students. There is a seeking and a passion. Young people are tired of business as usual. They want to seek the Lord passionately. There are indications that God is doing something in our universities and schools today. We need to be praying for a mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit on college campuses across this nation and across Canada. I believe God will do it! There is a great possibility of revival on our university campuses.

A second reason I am optimistic about the possibility of revival is that something is happening in the ethnic community. This nation was born out of people who came because they were being persecuted for their faith. God moved among them and sent revival. We had the Great Awakening, when George Whitefield came from Britain to this nation (18th century). He thundered the Word of God out and entire communities would come under the conviction of the Holy Spirit. People repented and gave their hearts to Christ. We’re living in a day in which those of us in this land who are products of that great revival have walked away from our history.

Godly missionaries, who were the outgrowth of the Great Awakening, went to places around the world and proclaimed the Word of God. Wherever they went, they planted in the hearts of praying people the seed of the revival that had moved them. Now God in His sovereignty is bringing people from these lands back to America. I see hope in this.

I co-pastored a Southern Baptist church in Seattle, Washington, some twenty years ago. It was then the largest Southern Baptist church around. Do you know what the largest Southern Baptist churches in Washington are now? They’re Korean churches. I spoke at a Korean student meeting that I think was the most awesome meeting I have spoken at here in the United States. Nancy Leigh DeMoss spoke the first night. Until six o’clock the next morning, thousands were still in that auditorium praying, repenting, and getting right with God.

The next night I was the speaker. A young Korean lawyer from New York City introduced me. That night there was a mighty move of God. I heard someone crying so loudly over his sins, "God, have mercy on me!" He was confessing specific sins and repenting and was so broken. It was the young lawyer from New York City. I haven’t seen that brokenness in our churches. One of the speakers said: "If you Anglo-Americans will not go back to your heritage and take this nation back for God, then we will!" I believe God has sent a new wave of immigrants to this country that have hot hearts that are aflame for God and that want to see God work and move and send revival. I believe that in Canada, too, one of the great opportunities today is in the ethnic community.

Seek Genuine Revival

Our passion is to see a true revival, where the atmosphere is filled with the anointed preaching of the Word of God, where the great truths of the death and burial and resurrection of Christ are given with great power, causing brokenness and repentance in the hearts and lives of the people. Furthermore, we are passionate to see that prayer is permeating the atmosphere and passionate to see a Church saturated with God, a Church that is in awe of the sovereignty of God, in awe of the holiness of God, a Church that sees Him for who He is, which bows before Him and loves Him and proclaims Him for who He is! If we are going to see that atmosphere in the Church, there is only one way we can prepare ourselves and that is to go on our faces before God and pray.

As we pray, the Spirit of God will move people, and He will show us sins in our lives. We must pray and not lose heart, as we are told in Luke 18:1: "Men ought always to pray, and not to faint." If we will do that and persistently ask and keep on asking, and seek and keep on seeking, and knock and keep on knocking, the doors of heaven and the windows of heaven will be open, and God will pour out upon us a revival in the Spirit that we cannot even imagine that He could do. God can do more in one divine moment than we could do in a lifetime. The thing we need to do is to get into a position where revival will come, and that is a position of humility, of brokenness, of repentance. As we go before the Lord and seek Him for who He is and cry out to Him and pray for revival, God will send revival in His time, in His choosing and in His way.

There are times and seasons in which God moves. You don’t know when that is. You don’t know where the wind comes from; you don’t know where it goes to. But when He comes, He ministers, and there are times of openness in peoples’ hearts that there have never been before. There is a great harvest that takes place. The greatest evangelistic harvests always take place in times of revival.

Seasons of revival have always been preceded by great seasons of prayer. We have prayed and prayed for such a revival in America. If we never see it with our own eyes, we have that blessed assurance that it is coming, for "faith is the substance [assurance] of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Heb. 11:12). Whether we see it or whether we do not see it, we will pray and we will seek the face of God until revival comes or until Jesus comes for us. I believe that when we have such a heart, we are preparing the soil, because the soil of revival has always been prepared by the prayers of God’s people.

Pray for nothing less than a genuine God-sent, Holy Spirit revival! We cannot create an atmosphere of revival, but we can be silent before the Lord. Whatever He speaks to your heart, let Him do in your life. If there is something you need to repent of, if there is sin you need to confess and turn away from, if you’ve become discouraged and grown weary in your prayer life, you need to come back to God and be still, and find a place and a time to be with Him and seek Him. Let that time be now. -Sammy Tippit

FREE EVENT TO ATTEND, PRE-REGISTER HERE: http://revivalconference.eventbrite.com/

2008/7/6 20:47Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy