SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : can god forgive me

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

my heart breaks for you sir - I also have been ashamed to call on Jesus and to approach God in prayer

And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil,

and stood at His feet behind Him weeping;
and she began to wash His feet with her tears,
and wiped them with the hair of her head;
and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil.

Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he spoke to himself, saying, “This Man, if He were a prophet, would know

who
and what manner
of woman this is
who is touching Him,
for she is a sinner.”

And Jesus answered

2008/7/6 16:07

Re:

be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love
weep with those who weep

I have great sorrow and continual grief in my heart
For I wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren

2008/7/6 16:18

Re:

my heart is overturned within me
for i have been very rebellious

the elders of the daughter of Zion
sit on the ground and keep silence
they throw dust on their heads
and gird themselves with sackcloth

my eyes fail with tears
my heart is troubled
my bile is poured on the ground
because of the destruction of the daughter of my people

let tears run down like a river day and night

2008/7/6 16:38
godknowsme

Re:

I met with my pastor tonight and confessed my vileness and hypocrisy and my adultery and my lying.He has loved me and prayed for me and will work with me to see the Salvation of the Lord continue by simply trusting Christ apart from self effort.I have confessed and forsaken my sin and God has had mercy on my wretched heart.I've truly been converted from death to life.The Lord has seen fit to forgive and cleanse me and set me free.Now comes the public confession of many things and the healing of broken lives and counselling.I have wept bitter tears and will continue to do so as I simply "believe God".Please keep me in your prayers as I make many changes and as God allows all of my life that He wants exposed to become exposed.

2008/7/6 21:37Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Praise God, our prayers are with both of you!

2008/7/6 22:04Profile
stepmac

Re:

TO get things right into the future so that you never go here again you will at least have to understand that everything you have said were not the original sin. These were sins that followed your original sin of neglecting your time and fellowship with God, reading and loving His word. Only putting this right will you be kept. Only loving Him above anything else will stop you from even following temptation.

If you do not put this in place then , regretfully, you will end up here again.

God is giving you an opportunity here - Get back with Him and DO NOT LET HIM GO.

2008/7/6 23:39Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Under grace, godly obedience must come from gratitude for the finished work of Christ, not from a lust for self preservation.

God's promises to the elect are certain,

"He that began the work in you shall complete it to the end."

"He is the author and finisher of salvation."

"I will never leave you nor forsake you."

"All who come unto me, I will in no wise cast out."

"All whom the Father gives to me shall come to me, and I will raise him up on the last day."

"I pray not for the world, but for those you have given me... Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me."

These verses apply to truly born again people, not false converts. True faith is demonstrated by its endurance over time. True faith does not trust in works for final salvation, but in Christ's work. True faith lives a lifestyle that shuns and repents of sin while seeking to show love to others. When you question whether or not you will endure, be reminded that all of the elect will endure, and that Christ provides for and promises their endurance. Be thankful that by God's grace you may continue persevering another day if you have once truly believed. The source of your obedience must be faith in Christ's work, not faith in your faith in Christ.

2008/7/7 1:08Profile

Re:

Dear "Godknowsme", I am very glad to hear of your breakthrough and help. Keep calling upon the name of the Lord -He is faithful, merciful and just to all who confess they are sinners. Praise God, there is always hope in Jesus!

You have the prayers of saints that have never seen your face, and probably never will. May the Spirit of Christ be with you and do a complete work of grace in your heart. If you ever need specific prayer or counsel for anything, or just want to talk to a simple brother in the Lord, if you would like you can email me at [email protected]

2008/7/7 3:10

Re:

godknowsme... I am praying for you brother and praise God for the conviction of your heart and His mercy in forgiveness. Words are few for me concerning your matter but my heart aches for your complete reconcilement to holiness, and meekness in for you in His saving grace. You're among imperfect brothers who have the love of Christ for you.

2008/7/7 8:41
godknowsme

Re: can god forgive me

Once I came home last night after being with the Pastor I went into another room, knowing I had to at least generally (for the moment) talk to my wife. I was scared but the words of my Pastor rang in my ears that I should be courageous and not a coward.So I went outside and sat on the steps with my wife and asked her to forgive me for being a false convert and for being lazy and mean and for not loving her as a husband should. I didn't get into any details as the Pastor told me that at this point it would only be like stab wounds to her but to just talk to her generally.I'm thankful I did.Previously I had flipped out for no reason the other day and threw my wedding ring to her and this morning when I woke up there was a note on the counter with ring and a note saying she loves me.To be as horrible as I was just less than a day ago to now with a headache and soreness and even a feeling of the blahs and a dry feeling inside and a feeling that I have no idea what's next...but I'm saved! I know this doesn't negate any responsibility on my part and that's why I'm asking for prayer.I've destroyed so many people and they don't know it yet but soon will when I need to confess openly at the right time in God's time.I don't want to lose everything but am willing to for the sake of the Cross and I know if I do then I deserve every bit of it and more.My Pastor has a prayer he prays.The Pastor told me God has had much mercy with me not to kill me.I know this is true.I deserve every bit of Hell and worse than Hell.My life was a sham for many years with secret sin boiling up to presently.I wanted to die but knew I'd end up in Hell.I thought God hated meand didn't want me back.And I always knew that dedication to Jesus meant 100% or nothing.Last night I gave 100% and will continue to, knowing that I need to repent every single day and be cleansed every single day and seek Him in prayer and in His Word every single day with a true Fire from God and not self effort that brings torment and despair.Please pray for me.I know I can't do it alone.I know how weak I am and I need God to break me even more.To take my pride and filth away and change me on the inside.

2008/7/7 9:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy