SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A merely "Reformed" Trinity or the "Intended" Trinity?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

theopenlife wrote:
Ormly,

Judas and Demas were "known disciples".

Assuming you are thinking this through morally and not legally, your point is?

2008/7/6 7:28

Re:

rbanks asked:

Quote:
How can you say confirming those disciples and exhorting them, which through much tribulation are we to go through, in entering the Kingdom of God is a higher purpose than what Jesus accomplished through the blood of his cross for our redemption?

Higher? There is nothing higher than redemption except God's purpose for it; His ultimate intention for His Glory to be revealed in and by man. Redemption was necessary for salvation and restoration to His purpose through [faith] believing to be an accomplishable thing however, it was but the doorway to re-establish man into God's planned purpose for him, i.e., joint-heir-ship in the Godhead.

That may all sound crazy until one sees that a Divine Human presently occupies such a position, who is the head of those found in Him.

Christendom needs to take down its roadside stands, selling its single dimensioned gospel, quit its "pep rallies" and get on with becoming what God has purposed from before the foundation of the world.

2008/7/6 7:43
davyman

Re:

Ormly,

This thread has me scratching my head. I don't know where you are coming from (even in the original question). Are you arguing a modalistic view of the Trinity (i.e. Jesus only)? I hope I am not reading something into your post that isn't there.

By the way, we are not joint heirs "in the Godhead," rather joint heirs with Christ.

SDG,

Dave

2008/7/6 9:09Profile

Re:

Quote:

davyman wrote:
Ormly,

This thread has me scratching my head. I don't know where you are coming from (even in the original question). Are you arguing a modalistic view of the Trinity (i.e. Jesus only)? I hope I am not reading something into your post that isn't there.

You are, which astounds me because I never alluded to Him being alone in the Godhead but simply occupying a position in it.

Quote:
By the way, we are not joint heirs "in the Godhead," rather joint heirs with Christ.

SDG,

Dave

Jesus Christ, the Divine Human, who is now in the Godhead and We, who are born again, are part of His body, correct? What does that make us if not "jointly" there with Him?

2008/7/6 11:10
rbanks

Re:

Quote:

Ormly wrote:
Redemption was necessary for salvation and restoration to His purpose through [faith] believing to be an accomplishable thing however, it was but the doorway to re-establish man into God's planned purpose for him, i.e., joint-heir-ship in the Godhead.

That may all sound crazy until one sees that a Divine Human presently occupies such a position, who is the head of those found in Him.

Christendom needs to... get on with becoming what God has purposed from before the foundation of the world.

Now, my thoughts on the subject.
The bible says if we suffer with Him we can be glorified together.

Ro 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

We will have a body like Jesus’ glorious body in the resurrection that is equal unto the angels but we will not be in the Godhead.
Jesus clarifies this in Re 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

We are to have the mind of Christ who thought it not robbery to be equal with God but made himself of no reputation and became a man and a servant.

Well the overcomers through the cross of Christ will one day be exalted to a glorified man full of the glory of God but we will not be in the Godhead equal with God. We are to deny ourselves and take up our cross daily serve one another in love like Jesus did. We are not to live like we are exalted already but humble ourselves in the sight of God embrace the cross and be filled with the spirit so God can work in us to will and to do of his good pleasure. No flesh will ever glory in his presence and the way of the cross will lead us to this glorified state.

The church is not to be of this world, worldly, and materialistic. The church is a thing of heaven.

Jesus said all power in heaven and in earth was given unto him. It was given unto him as the son of man. If Jesus lives in us then we need only believe all power is in us through him. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. We still must be subject to him and be led by Him in order for his power to work in us.

We will one day be equal unto Him as a glorified man but never as God. I don’t believe the angels who are called sons of God are in the Godhead, and neither do I want any kind of pride in me to think that I can be in the Godhead. That same kind of pride was in Lucifer and you see where his future is, and all who follow him will end up in hell.

2008/7/6 17:29Profile

Re:

[b]"I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, . . . . " Isaiah 42:8(KJV)

"And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; . . . . . . . . . . " John 17:22(KJV)

Interesting, isn't it?[/b]

2008/7/6 22:24
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

What does it mean to take up your cross?

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

The Cross is an instrument of death and figuratively our exposure to death. Christ denied Himself to the point of death in obeying the Father. Taking up my cross is truly the Cross of Christ, self-denial; by implication, the atonement of Christ:--Cross. If we are baptized into His death, where did it happen? When we believed that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and were Crucified with Him on the Cross, that was me on that Cross with Him, that is where I died to sin and resurrected in newness of life, IN HIM.
Where I die daily by faith in His Cross and my self denial to that end of Baptism into His death.

My two favorite scriptures as if no one could tell. :-?

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Who liveth in me?

Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

In Christ and in His Cross: Phillip

2008/7/7 0:09Profile

Re:

[b]To take up your cross is to live by the "way" of it.[/b]

Indeed, dying to self is the issue however, what do we mean by that when we use the term? The "way" of the cross is exemplified by Jesus in capsule form, when in His wilderness experience. His wilderness experience typifies our life in the world. How He overcame in the wilderness is given to us to be our example of how we are to have success in the world while not being part of it. He abided in the Father. We are to abide in Him. He overcame the solicitations of the devil. We are given to overcome them in like manner. For this to happen in His life, His Love TO the Father was great with much singleness of eye. Our love for the Father must also be great with singleness of eye. This is the only message of the Gospel we need to understand that it be the only sustaining we shall ever need.
Jesus lived 3+ years by "the way" of the cross. Then He performed the "work" of the cross that enables us, who are in Him, to accomplish all that the Father intends for us, i.e., that we learn obedience by the "way" of the cross in overcoming the solicitations of the enemy of our soul, namely, our own selfish nature that seeks to remain on the throne of our/my life, demanding its rights, its claim to my life.
Without redemption; with out the "work" of the cross performed by Jesus Christ, the "way" of the cross is impossible to walk out. We should all kiss the cross of Jesus Christ dailey before our day begins in the "way" of it.

[b]"Make straight [u]the way[/u] of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias." Jn.1:24 (KJV)

"And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus. This man was instructed [u]in the way[/u] of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him [u]the way of God more perfectly[/u]." Acts 18:24-26 (KJV)

"For the gate is small, and [u]the way[/u] is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it." Matthew 7:14 (NASB77) [/b]

2008/7/7 4:53
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

"""Without redemption; with out the "work" of the cross performed by Jesus Christ, the "way" of the cross is impossible to walk out. We should all kiss the cross of Jesus Christ dailey before our day begins in the "way" """

Amen and Amen.

Truly this is what I perceive as taking up my cross daily. Without Him I would have no cross.
Here we go Jesus another day in the "WAY", you walking in this quickened body to contain the All that You are in me, Jesus walking in me as me.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/7/10 5:38Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy