SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A merely "Reformed" Trinity or the "Intended" Trinity?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

A merely "Reformed" Trinity or the "Intended" Trinity?

There is now a Human in the Godhead. What does that mean? . . . . . For God? For mankind?

2008/7/4 8:29
theopenlife

Re: A merely "Reformed" Trinity or the "Intended" Trinity?

It means we have an advocate with the Father.

Christ's humanity is not divisible from his divinity as the Son, yet his humanity is not itself what we worship. We worship him for His Sonship.

2008/7/4 11:44Profile

Re:

Quote:

theopenlife wrote:
It means we have an advocate with the Father.

Christ's humanity is not divisible from his divinity as the Son, yet his humanity is not itself what we worship. We worship him for His Sonship.

All irrelevant to my statement that would diminish His humanity that God purposed in Himself to be His ultimate intention,Jesus being the "first of first fruits". The 'why' of creation now becomes more apparent.

2008/7/4 12:28
rbanks

Re: A merely "Reformed" Trinity or the "Intended" Trinity?

Quote:

Ormly wrote:
There is now a Human in the Godhead. What does that mean? . . . . . For God? For mankind?

It means God's intended purpose.

Re 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Re 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

God from the beginning created us in his image (His Son) to be glorious sons of God reflecting His Glory.

Jesus (the only begotten Son of the Father) became a man for the purpose of redemption to bring us to a glorious state as sons of God.

Soon the whole earth will be filled with his glory because the sons of God (redeemed by the blood of the Lamb)will be in the Family of God eternally with a body like Jesus' glorified body, equal unto the angels (also consider sons of God)

2008/7/4 13:23Profile

Re:

Quote:

rbanks wrote:
Quote:

Ormly wrote:

Quote:
It means God's intended purpose.

Quote:
Re 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Re 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

God from the beginning created us in his image (His Son) to be glorious sons of God reflecting His Glory.

If with Jesus, as in joint-heir-ship, is it simply reflect . . or be full of?? After all, when we were born again we were filled with the Nature of the Father. . . . and that is in this life we have that of the Father.

Quote:
Jesus (the only begotten Son of the Father) became a man for the purpose of redemption to bring us to a glorious state as sons of God.

Jesus begotten and then became man?

Quote:
Soon the whole earth will be filled with his glory because the sons of God (redeemed by the blood of the Lamb)will be in the Family of God eternally with a body like Jesus' glorified body, equal unto the angels (also consider sons of God)

Redemption, is that all it takes? This is why I ask, speaking of Paul and Barnabas: "Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God."
Acts 14:22 (KJV)

Do you see anything there that speaks of more?

2008/7/4 16:37
rbanks

Re:

Quote:

Ormly wrote:

Redemption, is that all it takes? This is why I ask, speaking of Paul and Barnabas: "Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God."
Acts 14:22 (KJV)

Do you see anything there that speaks of more?

Yes! Redemption to the image of Christ! Because God is going to rid us of everything that is not Christ. We must be conformed totally to the image of Christ where tribulation is God's way to do this. Our faith is perfected through tribulations.

2008/7/4 19:47Profile
theopenlife

Re:

It is possible to be deceived into a false conversion. [Matthew 7] Therefore it was necessary for Paul to lead them down the path of assurance.

The most positive proof of true conversion is perseverance in faith until the end of one's life. True faith cannot be perfectly appraised by others, but is accompanied by godly sorrow for sin, lifelong continuance in repentance, and sincere love towards the saints.

Regarding salvation, that which God requires of the saints, God performs in the saints. Any other good service done by the Church is performed out of gratitude and due reverence, for His glory and praise.

Faithfulness is one aspect of loving God with all one's soul, strength, and mind, which is a summary of the Law. If salvation were conditional upon foreseen faithfulness, it would therefore be a salvation by works of the Law. Instead, salvation is granted according to God's sovereign, loving, electing grace towards the undeserving people He chose "before the foundation of the world", and communicated to them through the faith which He grants as a "gift". "Not all have faith", just as not all are the children of God, but are "by nature children of wrath" whose "father is the devil".

2008/7/5 7:21Profile

Re:

[b]"Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God."[/b]

Lets see: Paul is speaking to known disciples. By his words and also the words of Jesus, Paul speaks of the striving, to give encouragement, that is to be expected of the disciples if they are to enter the kingdom of God. Why do we want to read more into that or subtract from it to mean redemption covers the whole spectrum? Redemption isn't necessarily salvation.

Please read me accurately in all this.

2008/7/5 9:05
rbanks

Re:

Quote:

Ormly wrote:
[b]"Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God."[/b]

Lets see: Paul is speaking to known disciples. By his words and also the words of Jesus, Paul speaks of the striving, to give encouragement, that is to be expected of the disciples if they are to enter the kingdom of God. Why do we want to read more into that or subtract from it to mean redemption covers the whole spectrum? Redemption isn't necessarily salvation.

Please read me accurately in all this.

I hope I have misunderstood you on your statement about redemption but just in case I didn't and for others on here and for more clarity on what you are really trying to say, here goes my thoughts concerning redemption.

How can you say confirming those disciples and exhorting them, which through much tribulation are we to go through, in entering the Kingdom of God is a higher purpose than what Jesus accomplished through the blood of his cross for our redemption?

When you lower redemption and say that redemption is not necessarily salvation you are dividing the word with technical language to foreign for me to understand where you are going. There is definitely nothing higher for us than the blood of His cross. We sure can’t merit anything no matter how much suffering we go through. There is no salvation, no entering the kingdom of God, and no heaven or a blessed hereafter apart from the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

I have always seen it as the Lord redeems by the purchase price of His blood.

Then there is the process of redemption in Titus 2:14 (KJV) Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Then I see final redemption as completed salvation –
Ro 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Ro 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

The redemption of the purchased possession unto the praise of his glory, sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption, and Christ obtaining eternal redemption for us all.
How can you lower the redemption that is in and through Christ Jesus and say that it’s not necessarily salvation?

For you stated –
“Paul speaks of the striving, to give encouragement, that is to be expected of the disciples if they are to enter the kingdom of God. Why do we want to read more into that or subtract from it to mean redemption covers the whole spectrum? Redemption isn't necessarily salvation.
Please read me accurately in all this.”

Forgive me brother but I’m having a hard time with what you are getting at, but when you said redemption is subtracting from it and that redemption doesn’t cover the whole spectrum and that redemption isn’t necessarily salvation, how do you think they are going to enter the kingdom of God apart from or by something greater than the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

I am sorry but a disciple can only be a disciple through the redemption in Christ Jesus. Also a disciple can only through much tribulation enter the Kingdom of God by the process of Redemption in Christ Jesus to the glory of God.

There is much more to understand about the process of redemption in the much tribulations that has been mentioned.

But brother please forgive me in my plain speaking, but it just got all over me, because although God has something greater for us because of redemption, but never apart from it.

God forbid I should Glory in any thing, except in my Savior who purchased my salvation through the blood of his cross and obtain eternal redemption for me.

2008/7/5 20:12Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Ormly,

Judas and Demas were "known disciples".

2008/7/6 0:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy