SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : SEMINAR: Jesse Morrell on Brethren beware

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 SEMINAR: Jesse Morrell on Brethren beware

NOTE there is a 25 person limit for each event.

If you have any questions or comments on this event please ask them in this thread.

NOTE: All seminars are free and have a seating capacity of 25 people. Registerants are based on a first come first serve basis. You must provide a notice 24 hours before cancelling your appearance to this seminar.

You can now Sign-up for Live Seminars with various guest speakers on SermonIndex. The atmosphere of the seminar will be similar to an online classroom model where you can ask questions, raise hand, even if allowed communicate back using audio/video. This will allow many from across the world to hear and benefit meeting various Christian speakers that otherwise would not be possible. Another facet of the Seminars will be to disciple and build up the body of believers that are fellowshiping in the SermonIndex community.
If you have additional questions or comments about the Live Seminar feature please either post them in the SermonIndex.net Support Forum Section or the Contact Us Form. If you are a pastor, speaker, leader and would like to be able to run a seminar please contact us with your information for consideration.

Brethren beware
Speaker: Jesse Morrell
Date: Tuesday, July 6th
Time: 8:00 pm EST (1 hour)
Description: In a day that is calling for unity, is there a place for separation? Is there a reason to the worldliness of the church? Why do many professing Christians sin so much? We tread on dangerous grounds, with dangerous people, during dangerous times so how should we guard ourselves? Find the answers to this questions and much more at the next online gathering.

2004/7/2 0:56Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re: SEMINAR: Jesse Morrell on Brethren beware

I encourage everyone on SermonIndex to signup for this Live Seminar, it is sure to change your life. All that you need is speakers to hear the Live teaching. Just signup above by clicking on the green button, and you will recieve an email confirmation that will have the Live link that will work aprox. 15 minutes before 8:00pm EST tonight.

2004/7/6 11:26Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Here is the seminar notes feel free to either print it out or reference to it during the Live Seminar:

---

Brethren Beware

In a day that is calling for unity, is there a place for separation? Is there a reason to the worldliness of the church? Why do many professing Christians sin so much? We tread on dangerous grounds, with dangerous people, during dangerous times so how should we guard ourselves?

Never in this life will you see a zebra walking side to side with a lion, nor a lamb with a wolf. The reason is simple enough: the two are opposed to one another. The simple logic that animals have that protect them and keep them safe can very easily be ignored by us humans. The bible warns us of all the dangerous trails we can tread on and all the deadly pits we can fall into. In this fallen world, being hurt is not only a possibility, it is a probability. However God’s word is a lamp onto our feet to protect us from falling along side those who have fallen already. Traps, trials, and testing all await the Christian that makes his way through the city of sin to get to the city of Zion.

1 Cor. 15:33-34 says “Be not deceived: ‘Evil company corrupts good habits.’ Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame.”

When the scripture says “Be not deceived” it is implying the possibility of it. If it were not possible, he would not have warned them. When driving in a city that you are not well acquainted with, it is very likely that you will take a wrong turn and end up somewhere that you did not intend to go. In this life, we must make a conscience decision and effort in order to not be deceived due to our lack of knowledge. We must study our bibles as a reliable map and follow the Holy Spirit as a trust worthy guide so we can walk as “more then conquerors” in the pathways of purity.

And what is it that the Spirit says through the scriptures? Well this scripture says “Evil company corrupts good habits.” Because of the Apostles Paul’s love of holiness, I believe this scripture was written by his hand with tears in his eyes. So Christian, heed to God’s word of wisdom, awake to the watchmen’s warning, and choose your steps accordingly. In Christianity some men rise, many men fall, but those that remain do so for a reason. If you look at those that live long in holiness, you see that they walk with holy people. If you walk with sinners, you will learn their sinfulness. If you walk with saints, you will learn their purity. It truly is no wonder some who attempt to follow Christ sin so much. The answer is plain enough if you look at who they associate with. Could it be that they are keeping company with sinners? A teacher of mine when I attended the Honor Academy, David Hasz, told us that within 6 months you will be just like your closest friends whoever they may be and whatever they may do. He did not make this up himself, he simply read his bible. So brethren, beware because there are traitors in our midst. Some who walk among us appear to be the children of light but they are deceptive just like their true father the devil. Some do not have the blood of Christ in their veins but rather have the blood of Christ on their hands. Ps. 119:158 “I see the treacherous, and am disgusted, because they do not keep Your word.” The bible gives us a simple, sobering, and sublime message in this text. That message in laymen terms is simply this: guard your fellowship!

We see the example of the early church when it comes to guarding our fellowship. The destroyer of the church was Saul, the anti-Christ, who became the builder of the church Paul, the Apostle of Christ. But the disciples, remembering the words of Jesus, did not merely believe confession to be evidence of conversion. They looked for the fruit. Acts 9:26 says “And when Saul had come to Jerusalem, he tried to join the disciples; but they were all afraid of him, and did not believe that he was a disciple.” It was not until they learned that Paul had already walked closely with death because of his witness that they accepted him into their fellowship. Paul, who once persecuted the faith, was now being persecuted for the faith. There is no stronger and surer evidence of a faithful follower of Christ then being willing to follow Christ to the cross. Although the disciples in Jerusalem where wrong in their judgment, they were right in their judging. The blood of their families and themselves could be spilt if they welcome a wolf in sheep’s clothing into the fellowship. In a war only loyal soldiers will do. Any wise general knows to look out for spies and traitors. But oh how we have lost simple logic in the day and age in which we live. Claiming to be wise, we live as fools. Although welcoming an unholy person into our churches may not result in the loss of our heads, it will result in the loss of our holiness. If a city lets down its walls, what’s to stop those who desire its harm from coming in? And that is preciously what we have done and that is preciously why we suffer. Sure you may have the largest church in America, but it may also be the largest gathering of sinners in America. Should we open the gates or close the gates? Should we build up the walls or let down the walls? Should we raise the standard of a Christian or should we toss out any notion that there is a standard?

The Apostle Paul writes to us again in 1 Cor 5:9-11. “I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner- not even to eat with such a person.” Now that is what the bible says whether we like it or not. Paul is telling us that there is a standard of living for anyone “named a brother”. Although a person may not represent perfectly the views and lifestyle of his family, he still represents his family. Anyone “named a brother” represents all of Christianity whether they want that responsibility or not. A hypocrite is the cause of God’s glory being turned to shame. I don’t think its “cool” that I have tried to fellowship with others “named a brother” who listen to a sinful rapper like Eminem in the car! I could hang out with my old friends, who are still abiding under the wrath of God, if I wanted to hear music like that. If we started teaching this scripture from Corinthians from the pulpit in our churches, we may loose the wallets of our congregations but we would gain the welcome of God. You can have gain, or you can have God, who will be your master? You who call yourself a preacher of the bible, will you teach all that the bible says? Will you skip over certain parts of the bible or even try to hide certain texts from those in your congregation? I just have two words: God forbid!

Is there a reason for the worldliness in the church? Could it be that we have simply put the label of “church” on what really is nothing more then the world itself? A friend of mine went off to Bible College and while she was there I talked with her. She told me how great the college and the people are. She told me that she goes to a local church there and that it is so awesome that they even have practicing witches come! In her eyes that was a good thing, but in my eyes all I saw were wolves coming in to do the sheep harm while the Shepard slept completely oblivious. Certain I am not saying we are not to reach out to sinners. I would never ever say something like that. I myself am a street corner preacher and go out into the public squares and streets very often. But going out to sinners where they are and letting sinners come to where we are is completely different. I believe that is the fatal flaw of many churches today. Rather then going out to the world, they have allowed the world to come into them. If you know my testimony then you know how worldly I once was. I once was a drug dealer that was going in and out of jail. There were many people that I hurt and many people that I corrupted. I should have died in my sin and for my sin. The Lord protected me even when I had my throat slit in a fight, the scare remains today. And although I am now a devout Christian, I praise God that He did not allow me into any Christian church or youth group until I was saved! As our grandparents always say “one rotten apple can spoil the whole bunch”.

Having no company at all would be better then having bad company, that is, if you want to be pure amongst a polluted world. You’ll notice that if you want to sin you can find a multitude of others who would join in the fun with you, but if you want to live holy you better prepare your heart to walk alone. Better that a man walks alone with God and yet lives a life pleasing in God’s site, then for a man to walk with a multitude of friends and yet be an abomination in the eyes of God. How small would our circle of friends be if we truly obeyed this scripture? A better question would be, how large would our love for God be if we guarded our fellowship? The road of holiness is a road most have to travel alone. If no one will dare to go with you, will you travel it just the same? Yes we may lose some friends but the value of what we would gain completely out weighs what would be lost. The cry of my heart is that I would one day hear the church honestly say with the psalmist “Depart from me, you evildoers, for I will keep the commandments of my God!” Ps 119:115. If we said that today, our churches may shrink in size but we would grow in the Spirit.

If you ever get a chance to attend one of Brother Roberts’s sermon index seminars, I encourage you to please do so. I have been very blessed by hearing him speak. In fact there is one this Thursday and I pray you all will be there. One of the things I have learned from Brother Robert, in my own words, is this. If the prayers of the people in our churches go unanswered by God, the problem is with the people and with their lives, and not with God and His power. Could is be that the prayers of the church goes unanswered because they are not truly from the church? God never fails to answer the prayers of the righteous. Who are we labeling a son of God, when Christ Himself calls them sons of the devil?

When I first became a Christian at the age of 16, I went on a retreat with a youth group expecting spiritual growth. I expected a weekend of prayer, praise, and preaching. However I discovered that they seemed to only be offering me fun, fun, and more fun. The devil offered me enough fun when I was in the world. I had had enough fun!! When I wanted to pray, everyone else wanted to play. They had sledding, swimming, soccer, and all the rest of it. I had desired to get closer to God and all I found was games. As the late Leonard Ravenhill said so often, “God pity us.” God pity us indeed when our eyes, our minds, our hearts, and our souls desire the same things as those people in the world. God pity us when my generation starves to death from lack of knowledge of the truth and instead of feeding them the meat of the word, we stuff their mouths with the candy of the world. It’s an unintelligent mother who feeds her children candy and snacks only. It’s a careless parent who would send their child to a school where they had recess more then they had class. Forgive my bluntness but we have been that unintelligent and careless mother.

The average youth pastor lasts 18 months. Could it be because they are pouring out their strength and giving their time to large groups that don’t truly want to hear it? It may not be as rewarding as they once thought. Maybe it is because they don’t see the youth changed as they hoped they would. I have some simple words of advice for any youth leader who seriously wants to see their youth group grow spiritually rather then grow in size. This is it: for three solid months, cancel all pizza parties, amusement park trips, games, and all other events that you may have. Then offer only bible studies, prayer meetings, street outreaches, and worship services. This will reveal to you who really want God and who really only want games. Then instead of pouring your heart out to many people who are not interested, you can pour into those who truly want to grow. Pastor, your job is not to be the ring leader of the circus but rather to be the minister of the Word of God. Sure your carnival may shrink in size, but that should bring you to your knees to seek the power of God to move amongst the youth. Maybe then young people would be moved by the Spirit of God and not by the thought of free pizza. After those short three months are over you can start having those other events again. If you do this you may lose quantity but you will gain quality. Gurnall wrote in his book Christian in Complete Armor this: “the fire doth not only discover which is true gold, but makes the true gold more pure; what comes out may be less in bulk and weight, because severed from that solid and dross which embraced it, but more in value and worth.” Now I know this is a hard challenge to youth groups. What will the senior pastor and the elders say if the youth group drops in size? What will parents say about you if they think you can’t get their kid to come to church? Be encouraged! Keep your eyes on Jesus and not on parents, elders, or pastors. If you wanted to please men then you should not have become a bondservant of Christ. Be as David who said “open to me the gates of righteousness; I will go through them” but let us barricade the way to destruction so no man can enter in.

Ezra 6:21 says “Then the children of Israel who had returned from captivity ate together with all who had separated themselves from the filth of the nations of the land in order to seek the Lord God of Israel.” This message is simple enough. The children of God who have been set free from the captivity of sin need to come together in unity with all the others who have separated themselves from the foulness of the way of the world so that they can seek the face of God. Read that verse again in Ezra, then read it again, and then read it again. We must be separated to unity. Ps. 133:1 says “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!” The key word in that scripture is “Brethren”. If a holy church can live in unity with a sinful world then there is a huge problem. If practicing witches can attend our church services and not be convicted, let alone converted, then there is a problem. We must come out of the world and come together as Christians. We must go against the grain and swim up stream in order to walk in the fullness that God calls us to. 1 John 1:6 says “If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.” The truth is not merely something you hear, it is something you practice. The faith is not something you merely have, it is something you live.

We must purify our churches, and guard our fellowship. A. W. Tozar said this “Christianity is so entangled with the world that millions never guess how radically they have missed the New Testament pattern. Compromise is everywhere.” Just as in his day, modern Christianity is entangled and interwoven with the world. The church has been fellowshipping with the world and Godly men have been fellowshipping with ungodly men. Let’s get back to the bible which says “Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?” (2 Cor. 6:14) Maybe we should answer those questions. What fellowship do they have? Be sure of this: if we share in the world’s sin we will share in the world’s punishment.

The beauty of the church is the holiness of the church. Brethren, open the eyes of your heart and look with me upon a beautiful bride for Christ. Can you envision a bride without spot or wrinkle, nor any such mark on her wedding gown? A virgin bride is certainly the most gorgeous bride that there could be. Our God will marry no prostitute! A church that gives itself away to the way of the world will not be walking down the isle for all to see on that wedding day. A wonderful, spectacular, beautiful bride is the bride which the Lord has chosen. Will the bride make herself ready for the bridegroom? The decision is yours to make.

Beware brethren, of those who would strengthen your own flesh which wars against the Spirit. Beware of those who are dead while they live least you grow complacent and comfortable with them. Beware of losing the fear of God due to a shallow understanding of the love of God taught to you by others. Beware of those who ask you to go down the enticing, deceptive, and devastating road to Vanity Fair where you will spend all your time and yet buy nothing. Brethren, beware who you keep company with, least they be the subtle end of you. My message is simple. My message is clear. Guard your fellowship.

Purify Us
Purify us, oh Lord, according to your grace.
Cleanse us of our worldliness, so we can seek your face.
You set our sins before our eyes, so we may turn or burn.
May we reject the counsel of the mockers, so we can truly learn.

We need you, my God, to bring us to the light.
For you alone are wise oh King, so teach us how to fight.
The Christians life is a battle, yes it is a war.
And yet this life is awesome, there’s nothing I’d trade it for.

We’ve filled our bodies with candy, when we needed meat.
Prepare our spirits for the battle, so we won’t know defeat.
Give us courage; give us strength, so that we will not die.
But still the greatest tragedy of them all would be if we don’t try.

2004/7/6 14:25Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

There are a few empty slots still so you can register for this live event taking place in 30 minutes. 8-)

2004/7/6 19:14Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Here is the Live Seminar text transcript, as you would notice if you read through it I got caught off and had computer problems but from what I heard it was a great seminar:

--

Meet ASAP
Date: Tue Jul 6 22:20:52 GMT-0400 2004
Click Here for Meeting Details

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
++Jesse Morrell has entered the meeting.
Greg Gordon says:
Hi Brother Jesse
Jesse Morrell says:
hey hey
Greg Gordon says:
Jimmy says:
and i've had somebody prophesy I will be some great missionary/apostle
Greg Gordon says:
"LOL!!
Greg Gordon says:
sorry
Greg Gordon says:
had to share the good news
Greg Gordon says:
thats kingjimmy
Jesse Morrell says:
that jimmy will be or you will be?
Greg Gordon says:
will be
Greg Gordon says:
lol
Jesse Morrell says:
huh?
Jesse Morrell says:
which one
Greg Gordon says:
nevermind
Greg Gordon says:
lol
Jesse Morrell says:
yea you lost me
Jesse Morrell says:
i watched the feature video. that was wild when that guy stood up in the back!
Greg Gordon says:
how is your week going?
Greg Gordon says:
yea
Greg Gordon says:
I was truely blessed by that video
Greg Gordon says:
it really confirmed alot of what the Lord was showing me about things
Greg Gordon says:
thing dubious
Greg Gordon says:
*things
Greg Gordon says:
arghh cant type
Jesse Morrell says:
i don't think i've ever seen or heard a preacher get heckled while in a church pulpit
Greg Gordon says:
yea :P
Jesse Morrell says:
i got a great quote from him:
Jesse Morrell says:
oh i can't copy and paste here
Greg Gordon says:
yea you can
Greg Gordon says:
you shoiuld be able to
Jesse Morrell says:
“That there has been a rejection of the cross, in the rejection of suffering. And some of the most notable American television personalities have even accused Paul of missing it and submitting himself to undue suffering. Had he had a greater knowledge he would not need to have suffered at all, as they certainly don’t, but will in the day of eternity, I think.” Art Katz
Greg Gordon says:
wow!!!
Greg Gordon says:
yes hes quite quotable some profound things being sad forsure
Jesse Morrell says:
i don't understand all of what he says
Jesse Morrell says:
but i do hear some things
Jesse Morrell says:
so i get to quote william gurnall again
Jesse Morrell rang: Doorbell
Greg Gordon says:
lol
Greg Gordon says:
brb one sec
Jesse Morrell says:
i still laugh
++matt grace has entered the meeting.
Jesse Morrell says:
welcome
matt grace says:
hey
matt grace says:
how yall doin
Jesse Morrell says:
i'm blessed
Jesse Morrell says:
greg will brb
matt grace says:
rgr that
matt grace says:
sorry i missed the last two of these i was out of town
Jesse Morrell says:
you could download them
Jesse Morrell says:
they were pretty good
Jesse Morrell says:
did you go anywhere exciting?
matt grace says:
wisconsin
matt grace says:
my girlfriend from auburn univ. lives there
Jesse Morrell says:
i've heard of it
matt grace says:
haha, i'm all the way at the bottom of the country andshe is directly above me but at the top of the country so like 20 hours of driving
matt grace says:
so i opted for the plane
Jesse Morrell says:
planes are so convenient
matt grace says:
yes they are
matt grace says:
i gotta question for ya
Jesse Morrell says:
i hope i have an answer
++Mike Balog has entered the meeting.
matt grace says:
my girlfriend and istarted growing close talking about the scriptures and "stuff"
matt grace says:
if i can use that word for god
++Jayne has entered the meeting.
Jesse Morrell says:
welcome guys
matt grace says:
and bascially wats happend is that our relationships with god has been around as long as our relationship
matt grace says:
and we're kinda developing 2gether
Mike Balog says:
Hi Jayne, Greg, Matt, Jesse
++Josh Olson has entered the meeting.
matt grace says:
you think its better to do this without my girl or with her?
Jayne says:
hi all!!!
Josh Olson says:
greetings
Jesse Morrell says:
this is probably the most punctual group i've yet to see for one of these
Josh Olson says:
lol
Mike Balog says:
we try brother
Jesse Morrell says:
to do what? to grow in the Lord?
Josh Olson says:
hey mike
Mike Balog says:
Hey josh
matt grace says:
yeah, i keep fearing that i may grow with her as like a crutch
Josh Olson says:
no ed yet?
Mike Balog says:
not yet
Mike Balog says:
see he is signed up
Josh Olson says:
yeah
Josh Olson says:
been looking forward to this jesse
Jesse Morrell says:
i think thats a reasonable worry. I can't give you a solid yes or no answer to that. It completely depends on what the Lord has for you
Jesse Morrell says:
I'm really glad you came josh
Josh Olson says:
praying, meditating, etc.
matt grace says:
i gotcha
Greg Gordon says:
yes praise God welcome Josh
Josh Olson says:
brother!
matt grace says:
well just have to pray on it
matt grace says:
hello everyone
Josh Olson says:
hey matt
Jesse Morrell says:
Take it to prayer matt. it dependson the Lords plan. I know for me the Lord prepares me and helps me grow alone so it is just Him and I
Mike Balog says:
Hey Matt
Josh Olson says:
where you from, matt?
matt grace says:
Pensacola, florida
Josh Olson says:
sweet
matt grace says:
yesa
Josh Olson says:
i'm in so cal
Jesse Morrell says:
pensacola? ever hear Dr Michael L Brown preacher?
Jesse Morrell says:
preach*?
matt grace says:
wheres he preach at? no
Jayne says:
what time does the speaker start??
Josh Olson says:
soon, sister
Jesse Morrell says:
He was president of the revival school of ministry there
Josh Olson says:
:)
Josh Olson says:
Hey...
Jesse Morrell says:
yes
matt grace says:
i havnet made it over there yet
Josh Olson says:
You guys know how Ravenhill talked about buying e.m. bounds' house and turning it into a school of prayer?
Mike Balog says:
Jayne we always have these little short chat's while we wait for the others to come in
Jesse Morrell says:
well he lef there and started teh Call school of ministry in NY
Mike Balog says:
ravenhill, Bounds...house...hows that?
matt grace says:
ive heard some stuff about it
Jesse Morrell says:
its new to me but I believe it
Mike Balog says:
the anticipation!
Mike Balog says:
lol
Jesse Morrell says:
++Repent! The Kingdom of God is at hand (eyesfixedonjesus@hotmail.com) has entered the meeting.
Greg Gordon says:
welcome meghan :)
Josh Olson says:
Ravenhill said that he always wanted to buy E.M. Bounds' house and instead of a seminary, turn it into a school that teaches people to pray...is that house still standing?
Josh Olson says:
just wondering
Mike Balog says:
Thought it was John the baptist for a moment there!
Greg Gordon says:
wow josh definetly something to look into
Josh Olson says:
any info can be fwd'ed my way
Greg Gordon says:
im on that right now :)
Josh Olson says:
cool
Greg Gordon says:
its on my liste of things ASAP :P
Josh Olson says:
oh great
Greg Gordon says:
let us know when you are ready Jesse?
Jesse Morrell says:
i'm trying the mic now
Josh Olson says:
yessir
Mike Balog says:
just fine brother
Josh Olson says:
loud n clear
Mike Balog says:
Amen!
Greg Gordon says:
ouch cant hear
Greg Gordon says:
hmm
Josh Olson says:
lol
Repent! The Kingdom of God is at hand (eyesfixedonjesus@hotmail.com) says:
I could use it a bit louder :) Hi btw
Josh Olson says:
yes
Greg Gordon says:
doh got it
Greg Gordon says:
:P
Mike Balog says:
seems that way..
Josh Olson says:
lol
Mike Balog says:
he pulled a Mike
Mike Balog says:
lol
Josh Olson says:
lol
Greg Gordon says:
haha
Josh Olson says:
I'm gonna have to split at 5:55 pm sharp, PST
Hey, does everyone else have sound right now?
Josh Olson says:
so don't get bummed if I cut out
Mike Balog says:
no
matt grace says:
can you talk once more
matt grace says:
im getiin nothin
me neither
Josh Olson says:
a mi tambien
Jayne says:
I can't not hear at all!
Mike Balog says:
think he may have been raptured
Jesse Morrell says:
well
Greg Gordon says:
haha
Jesse Morrell says:
are all your speakers on?
Mike Balog says:
we lost ya
Greg Gordon says:
yes sir
Mike Balog says:
yes
Jesse Morrell says:
can anyone hear me at
matt grace says:
yes
Josh Olson says:
heyes
Jesse Morrell says:
all
Greg Gordon says:
yes now
Mike Balog says:
there ya go
yes, now
Josh Olson says:
me
Josh Olson says:
right
yep
Jayne says:
I can hear now!
Greg Gordon says:
yes thats how it works
Josh Olson says:
yes
Mike Balog says:
yes
matt grace says:
lol
Greg Gordon says:
yes prayers have to be repeated . :P
Josh Olson says:
believe
Josh Olson says:
help my unbelief
matt grace says:
haha
Mike Balog says:
hehe
Greg Gordon says:
amen
Josh Olson says:
close your eyes, Jesse
Greg Gordon says:
amen
Greg Gordon says:
text here: http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2429&forum=12
Mike Balog says:
Can you back off the mic a bit ? It's popping brother
Greg Gordon says:
2nd post
Mike Balog says:
The mic still is popping
Josh Olson says:
hmmm...false teachers...Jude
Josh Olson says:
yes
Greg Gordon says:
amen yes
Josh Olson says:
be bereans
Josh Olson says:
thanks Jesse
matt grace says:
thank you thank you
Greg Gordon says:
praise god thank you brother
matt grace says:
That was awesome
Jesse Morrell says:
thank you
thanks a bunch.
Mike Balog says:
thanks brother
that was great
Jesse Morrell says:
you can read it in artical form at sermonindex, feel free to pass on the audio or artical to anyone you may want to hear or read it
matt grace says:
is the audio just gonna be on the site in the normal sermon index?
Yeah, I will do that actually
Jesse Morrell says:
i've never heard a message on that before
Jesse Morrell says:
and yet it is so true
matt grace says:
neither have i
I have, but it was more a part of a message than a message unto it's own
+++matt grace has left the meeting.
++matt grace has entered the meeting.
Jesse Morrell says:
does anyone have any questions?
Mike Balog says:
Heard John MacArthur not to long ago do this and thought he did a fine job as well
Mike Balog says:
almost as good as Jesse
Josh Olson says:
lol
Greg Gordon says:
feel free to address the questions on the mic if you want jesse
Josh Olson says:
got a comment
Jayne says:
Thank you so very much for the word. It was confirmation for us. We left our church home 11 months ago because of the foolishness and worldliness. We have been accused of being backslidden and everything else. We only have a few true friends. I would rather have that than the foolishness. Although there have been times that I have wondered if I was just hard to please. Thank you so very much!
Josh Olson says:
I have a prayer meeting at my home every monday and we were talking about the watchman and heeding his 'sounding' the trumphet...
Jesse Morrell says:
i'm glad to confirm and encourage you
Greg Gordon says:
I have a question.. many will not go to churches because they feel they are more holy or in better standing then others? what do you do if you are in the minorty in a fellowship?
Josh Olson says:
went along with what you were sharing, Jesse
Mike Balog says:
You are not alone Jayne
Greg Gordon says:
yes Jayne be encouraged
Josh Olson says:
gotta go guys
Josh Olson says:
please email me
matt grace says:
cya
Josh Olson says:
more i want to say
Jesse Morrell says:
the mic isn't working
Josh Olson says:
openarmsin@sbcglobal.net
Mike Balog says:
See ya brother
Jesse Morrell says:
greg asked a great question
Jesse Morrell says:
take care
Josh Olson says:
bless you all
Greg Gordon says:
bye brother Josh
Greg Gordon says:
press start Jesse
+++Josh Olson has left the meeting.
Jesse Morrell says:
i did
Jayne says:
Bye and God Bless you Brothers
Greg Gordon says:
there
Yeah, my husband and I moved 1000 miles to be a part of a church that is truly seeking God! We were home for a wedding a few weekends ago and it was really disheartening to see all the worldliness in our old friends. We hardly hung out with them as it was, but they still managed to pull us down Spiritually...
Mike Balog says:
,,difficult
when we were actually living there--not just this last visit
matt grace says:
yep
Yeah, Amen! Our pastor practices church discipline faithfully!
Greg Gordon says:
amen on the dicipline
Jesse Morrell says:
did you guys hear that?
Yes
Jesse Morrell says:
does that answer the questions?
Jesse Morrell says:
question*
I thought so
Greg Gordon says:
yep :P
matt grace says:
i have a question but itspretty much like a one case question should i just save this for the forums?
matt grace says:
arighty
Greg Gordon says:
Do you think that we are not being agents of change in a unholy church?? and that our just leaving or condemning could be a wrong option?
Greg Gordon says:
what would Jesus do?
Greg Gordon says:
(just playing devils advocate)
matt grace says:
im really heavely being pulled towards being a minister
matt grace says:
and its what im going to do
matt grace says:
I am a member of the United Methodist, from back b4 i was a believer
+++Greg Gordon has left the meeting.
matt grace says:
and i feel like maybe i should stay in it and call for reforms, and work to change it back to the days at least similar to wesley
matt grace says:
but i do not believe that a lot of the things most of hte UM churches are doing are right and i dont know if i would possess the strength to stay in a place where maybe noone support it
matt grace says:
me*
Jesse Morrell says:
you want to know my opinion on the whole matter?
matt grace says:
yeah sure, whoevers opinion
matt grace says:
yesir
+++Jayne has left the meeting.
matt grace says:
yes
matt grace says:
thank you
Mike Balog says:
Matt, know what you mean though, it's difficult to decide wheter to bail on the whole thing or try and stay to work to reform
Mike Balog says:
He's multitasking
Maybe he got kicked offline?
Mike Balog says:
If i know him at all
Mike Balog says:
nah...
Mike Balog says:
he'll be back
matt grace says:
i'm gonna throw it on the forums and see what i get
Mike Balog says:
might have been working on the recording
he's still on MSN
matt grace says:
does greg run the site?
Mike Balog says:
yes
Jesse Morrell says:
i also wanted you guys to know that you coul listen to some of my street preaching and other sermons at: http://www.fireonthealtar.com/voices/JesseM/
Jesse Morrell says:
coul=could*
Mike Balog says:
Matt, definetly seek the Lord as to what He would have you do in this matter...that's stating the obvious
matt grace says:
do you get a lot of people stopping and talking to you when your on the street?
cool. thanks Jesse. where are you from by the way?
matt grace says:
thank ya mike, obvious is overlooked a lot b me
matt grace says:
by*
Jesse Morrell says:
New England
Jesse Morrell says:
connecticut specificly
Jesse Morrell says:
yes you can hear in the audio me going back and forth with people
matt grace says:
wow
Jesse Morrell says:
i don't always get people ofcoarse
Mike Balog says:
Was thinking about the struggles I went through before leaving my old church...similiar thought's
Jesse Morrell says:
some are very stiffnecked
matt grace says:
yeah that was me
matt grace says:
i used to get pissed off when people would yell at me
Jesse Morrell says:
i don't yell at people
matt grace says:
i mean just like standin on the corner talkin
Jesse Morrell says:
yea
matt grace says:
thats just whatwe used to call them, used to make fun of them with my friends
matt grace says:
oh god how wrong
Mike Balog says:
normal heathen behavior, no?
matt grace says:
i feel so bad now because i have helped dig these friends into there holes and i cant get em out
To clarify what I said before, we didn't leave our old church because of the lukewarmness of our peers, our leadership and some of the older folks are on the ball with the Lord and teach truth, but we believe the Lord has called us out to help our with a Macedonian call so to speak--and the folks at our new fellowship are really going strong for the Lord--not everyone all the time of course, but there's a great nucleus of strong believers.
Jesse Morrell says:
my friends and I once got a street preacher (from teen challenge) high on drugs after he witnessed to us
matt grace says:
yeah i think you talked about that
matt grace says:
i think it was u
Jesse Morrell says:
yes i also have left fellowships, and stayed away from fellowships, because of ungodliness
matt grace says:
thats what im in the process of right now is cutting off my old firends
Mike Balog says:
Follow you Mehgan, myself it was both...
What were you going to comment on, jesse? after the q&a?
matt grace says:
ahhhhhhhhh the rapture, ive been left!
Mike Balog says:
hmmm....NO!!!!
Mike Balog says:
lol
matt grace says:
hehe
Mike Balog says:
isolationism
yeah, my background is Mennonite! My extended family is like that.
Mike Balog says:
keep company.. yes, bingo
Or to not go to a church because none of them are good enough for us! I know people like that --no church is good enough for them.
++Greg Gordon has entered the meeting.
matt grace says:
heyyyy
Mike Balog says:
Meghan yes, that can be tricky, but still can't be compromised
Mike Balog says:
Told ya
matt grace says:
yayyyi wasnt left !
Mike Balog says:
How was the rapture brother?
Mike Balog says:
lol
matt grace says:
hehe
Greg Gordon says:
man my computer is being cntroled by the devil or something :(
Yeah, I definitely agree Jesse
Greg Gordon says:
both of them
Jesse Morrell says:
greg your missing all the q and a and comments
Mike Balog says:
Yikes
Jesse Morrell says:
glad your back though
+++Greg Gordon has left the meeting.
Jesse Morrell says:
wow
matt grace says:
oh no
Mike Balog says:
warfare
Jesse Morrell says:
i do believe the demons know of these meetings
Jesse Morrell says:
my computer lit on fire once when trying to writ a sermon for one of these gatherings
Mike Balog says:
yeah...and the monitors...
Jesse Morrell says:
yup
Mike Balog says:
was it two of them?
Jesse Morrell says:
one lit on fire, the replacement went black the day before and has yet to return
Jesse Morrell says:
and the one i have now is a borrowed one
wow!
matt grace says:
Jeez
Jesse Morrell says:
haha thats petty warfare. like a sliver
Mike Balog says:
no doubt...
Jesse Morrell says:
did any of you guys watch the featured film at SI?
Mike Balog says:
Art Katz?
Jesse Morrell says:
yes
Mike Balog says:
You bet
Jesse Morrell says:
i got a great quote from it: “That there has been a rejection of the cross, in the rejection of suffering. And some of the most notable American television personalities have even accused Paul of missing it and submitting himself to undue suffering. Had he had a greater knowledge he would not need to have suffered at all, as they certainly don’t, but will in the day of eternity, I think.” Art Katz
Mike Balog says:
awhile back
Jesse Morrell says:
i love that quote
Mike Balog says:
indeed, Katz blows me away
Mike Balog says:
Got to meet him earlier this year, great man of God
Jesse Morrell says:
hes the only preacher i have listened to who got a heckler when he was at the pulpit
Mike Balog says:
!!!
matt grace says:
what
matt grace says:
wow
Jesse Morrell says:
that normally doesn't happen in churches
matt grace says:
satan only steps up when someones threatening his kingdom eh
Jesse Morrell says:
some guy stood up and Katz said " I can't hear you. I don't want to hear you!"
Mike Balog says:
He doesn't pull any punches
Jesse Morrell says:
i hope gregs ok
Mike Balog says:
He's a techno wiz
Mike Balog says:
filled with the Holy Spirit
matt grace says:
aright we'll im gonna get outta here i have calc 2 homework, thanks fro the awesome message and the help
matt grace says:
cyall thursday
Jesse Morrell says:
Be blessed
Mike Balog says:
Take care Matt
c-ya
Jesse Morrell says:
cya then
+++matt grace has left the meeting.
Jesse Morrell says:
well I am glad the message was recieved today
yes it was mych appreciated
Mike Balog says:
and we are glad you brought it foth brother
Mike Balog says:
forth
Mike Balog says:
are you at your church Jesse or at home?
Jesse Morrell says:
at home
Jesse Morrell says:
which is good because the mic quality at my church was terrible
Mike Balog says:
were you holding it the whole time tonight?
Jesse Morrell says:
no
Mike Balog says:
It was popping a bit
Jesse Morrell says:
popping?
Mike Balog says:
When you get to close...it picks up your voive stronger
Mike Balog says:
vice
Mike Balog says:
voice
Jesse Morrell says:
lol
Mike Balog says:
can't type
Jesse Morrell says:
i wonder if i could get a different mic that would have better quality
Mike Balog says:
gives it that rappper effect :)
Jesse Morrell says:
maybe a head set so the distance stayed the same
Mike Balog says:
think it's fine
Jesse Morrell says:
i'll have to hear it
Mike Balog says:
may have only been me...
Jesse Morrell says:
i wonder if greg will make it back
Mike Balog says:
yeah, was just checking the site...no signs of him
Jesse Morrell says:
i know
Jesse Morrell says:
weird
very
Mike Balog says:
yeah...
Mike Balog says:
especially since this running just fine...
Mike Balog says:
is
Jesse Morrell says:
and he is the host and all
Well, I'm off then...it's 10:30 here! G'night all. God bless!
Jesse Morrell says:
be blessed
Mike Balog says:
Take care Meghan!
Jesse Morrell says:
hope to see you again
I'll be around for sure!
Mike Balog says:
Excellent!
How do I sign out? Just close the window?
Mike Balog says:
yep
Jesse Morrell says:
yup
Mike Balog says:
logs you out
+++Repent! The Kingdom of God is at hand (eyesfixedonjesus@hotmail.com) has left the meeting.
Jesse Morrell says:
so you come to alot of these
Jesse Morrell says:
i've noticed
Mike Balog says:
Of course!
Mike Balog says:
It's my church :)
Jesse Morrell says:
i really enjoy them. i think more people would come if they experienced one
Mike Balog says:
No doubt
Jesse Morrell says:
SI really is like my church also
Jesse Morrell says:
if you want to get tecnical, it is my church
Jesse Morrell says:
technical
Mike Balog says:
Yeah it has been such an incredible thing brother
Mike Balog says:
Have been out of a local church...since the begining of the year
Jesse Morrell says:
if i didn't get my sermons from SI i dn't know where i would get them
Mike Balog says:
Got that right!
Jesse Morrell says:
do you fellowship with christians in your area?
Mike Balog says:
No....
Mike Balog says:
sadly
Jesse Morrell says:
well thats not to good
Mike Balog says:
No, but have met a couple from the site
Mike Balog says:
that don't live to far from here
Jesse Morrell says:
i don't really socialize or fellowship too much at all. I am busy walking with God
Mike Balog says:
they stopped by
Jesse Morrell says:
but I do have sunday service and worship nights etc
Mike Balog says:
Same here
Mike Balog says:
my old church is....nice...but dead
Jesse Morrell says:
i work, come home and either study, pray, or go out and witness
Mike Balog says:
Praise God Bro.
Jesse Morrell says:
going down the Enoch road
Jesse Morrell says:
and I love it
Mike Balog says:
Smae herre...but mostly in prayer
Mike Balog says:
Yes!
Jesse Morrell says:
you have a strong prayer life?
Mike Balog says:
Yes
Mike Balog says:
absolutely
Mike Balog says:
don't sleep much :)
Mike Balog says:
don't need it
Mike Balog says:
or want it
Mike Balog says:
to much to pray about
Jesse Morrell says:
i think i have a sleeping disorder because it depends alot alot alot, but I hate it hate it hate it
Jesse Morrell says:
depends=demands
Mike Balog says:
hey, the Lord deals with us differently
Jesse Morrell says:
i want to sleep as little as i can
Jesse Morrell says:
but i serious have a problem
Mike Balog says:
staring getting me up at 4:00 a.m a few years ago
Mike Balog says:
what do you mean?
Jesse Morrell says:
i do that, but only if i get to bed early
Jesse Morrell says:
like I can sleep 12 hours no problem, but struggle to stay awake 12 hours
Jesse Morrell says:
i long to be able to sleep only like 4 hours a night so i can labor more for God
Mike Balog says:
You never know brother...different season pehaps
Mike Balog says:
perhaps
Jesse Morrell says:
i even have slept on the hard wooden floor with a small tiny tiny blanket so i would be so uncomfortable that in the morning i couldn't wait to get up
Jesse Morrell says:
but even that doesn't work that good
Mike Balog says:
LOL
Mike Balog says:
LOL
Jesse Morrell says:
i'm not kidding
Mike Balog says:
I know....didn't mean to make light of it
Jesse Morrell says:
no pillow, nothing but a blanket that won't even cover my feet
Mike Balog says:
The Lord knows your heart brother
Jesse Morrell says:
your really blessed to be able to sleep very little
Jesse Morrell says:
its my curse!
Mike Balog says:
watch out for what you pray for :)
Jesse Morrell says:
haha
Mike Balog says:
It's bizarree
Jesse Morrell says:
not enough hours in time to truly prepare for eternity
Mike Balog says:
Have such a hunger that I can't wait to get up
Mike Balog says:
lately it's been even earlier
Mike Balog says:
It's a privelage
Jesse Morrell says:
that rocks
Mike Balog says:
but also brutal at times...
Jesse Morrell says:
have you read the diary of brainerd?
Mike Balog says:
depending on what the Lord is dealing with me about or I am agonizing over...
Mike Balog says:
Some....also a total book head
Mike Balog says:
like Greg
Jesse Morrell says:
me 2
Mike Balog says:
No wonders
Mike Balog says:
LOL
Mike Balog says:
I had kinda figured that
Jesse Morrell says:
i'm working through Gurnalls Christian in Complete Armor Greg sent me
Mike Balog says:
WOw
Mike Balog says:
there's a quick read :)
Jesse Morrell says:
i read 7 of ravenhills books in the past 6 or so months
Mike Balog says:
!!!
Mike Balog says:
I had to slow down abit
Jesse Morrell says:
that maybe while i get so tired, reading makes you tired
Mike Balog says:
could have four or five going at the same time
Jesse Morrell says:
oh i couldn't do that
Mike Balog says:
it's kinda spazmtic
Jesse Morrell says:
i take one author and devour all his books, i did that with ray comfort, did that wtih ravenhill
Mike Balog says:
mtic
Mike Balog says:
motic
Mike Balog says:
goodness...
Jesse Morrell says:
i suck the bones dry
Mike Balog says:
Praise God brother that you are getting all this meat early on!
Jesse Morrell says:
sort to speak
Mike Balog says:
It was a oddball path i wlaked to get here
Mike Balog says:
walked
Jesse Morrell says:
yea?
Mike Balog says:
WOF....
Mike Balog says:
all that nonsense
Jesse Morrell says:
?
Mike Balog says:
Got caught up in it early on in my walk...Benny Hinnn, Copeland, Dollar...
Jesse Morrell says:
oh
Mike Balog says:
Had to unlearn quite a bit
Jesse Morrell says:
i never really fell for that
Jesse Morrell says:
i can imagine
Mike Balog says:
The church we went to is all tied up in it
Mike Balog says:
Think the Lord brought me through it though to be a help to others...
Mike Balog says:
It can get the dander up in fat hurry
Jesse Morrell says:
i think the simplicity of getting back to the bible would cure alot of this stuff
Mike Balog says:
Oh without a doubt
Mike Balog says:
If we just had pure preachers 90% of the issues would fall away
Mike Balog says:
Instead of all this patching and repair work :)
Jesse Morrell says:
many rely on seminars, tapes, conferences, bible studies, when they don't get alone with God themselves
Jesse Morrell says:
you can't control what people spoon feed you
Jesse Morrell says:
so they send poison
Mike Balog says:
Yep, no discernment
Mike Balog says:
Biblically illiterate
Jesse Morrell says:
what church doesn't claim to be a "bible believing church" or what preacher doesn't claim to be "a preacher of the Word".
Jesse Morrell says:
but taking their word for it is not good enough, it never was and never will be
Mike Balog says:
Bereans!
Jesse Morrell says:
exactly
Mike Balog says:
Waiting for a sign that says "We preach the WHOLE Bible"
Jesse Morrell says:
haha
Jesse Morrell says:
i think i'm calling it a night
Mike Balog says:
Alright brother, take care thanks for the message
Jesse Morrell says:
feel free to check out the street preaching at : http://www.fireonthealtar.com/voices/JesseM/
Jesse Morrell says:
thanks for coming
Jesse Morrell says:
good night
Mike Balog says:
Cool, familiar with that site...will do!
Mike Balog says:
Night brother
+++Mike Balog has left the meeting.
++Greg Gordon has entered the meeting.
Session started at 10:20:52 PM 7/6/2004
Greg Gordon says:
u still there jessee?

Meeting Owner: Greg Gordon
Current Attendees: Josh Olson, Jesse Morrell, matt grace, Jayne, Mike Balog, Meghan, Ed Pugh, Repent! The Kingdom of God is at hand (eyesfixedonjesus@hotmail.com)
Entered Meeting At: 2004-7-6 10:20:52 PM
File Saved at: 2004-7-6 10:23:47 PM

2004/7/6 22:26Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Here is the audio sermon portion of the Live Seminar, it was great message and I encourage you to check it out:

[b][url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4249]Brethren beware with Jesse Morrell[/url][/b] - [i]In a day that is calling for unity, is there a place for separation? Is there a reason to the worldliness of the church? Why do many professing Christians sin so much? We tread on dangerous grounds, with dangerous people, during dangerous times so how should we guard ourselves?[/i]

2004/7/6 22:31Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy