SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : 110 days until the Lilburn, GA, USA Revival Conference

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 110 days until the Lilburn, GA, USA Revival Conference

110 days until the Lilburn, GA, USA Revival Conference

Revival is a divine move of the Spirit of God. The passion of my heart is that God would send a revival to our land. I believe that is what God wants to do. Our part is to prepare ourselves for revival, to get to a position to receive revival.

There are a lot of things today that are being called revival. I have a burden lest we will settle for far less than what genuine revival really is. Revival is a visitation of God Himself. It is God saturating His people with His presence. It is God moving among His people in such a way that their lives are transformed. When we have met with God, there is no way we can be the same people. Our lives and ministries will be different.

Revival is not something that can be manipulated. It is much more than a grand feeling. It is much more than physical manifestation. Revival is the presence of an awesome, holy God among His people. I am not talking about what we put on a sign in front of our churches saying, "Revival Next Week." Revival doesn’t go from Sunday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Sunday. Revival is when God comes and meets with His people, and His people are changed forever because they have met a holy God.

It was in a genuine revival that took place in a small church that my ministry was born. It was in 1970. My wife and I had been married about a year and a half. We were young and on fire and loved Jesus, and we wanted others to know Him. We were in Monroe, Louisiana, and I was asked by the pastor of a small Baptist church if I would come and preach to the young people at some youth meetings of their church. That pastor, Pastor Morris, was a godly, praying man.

He said, "Son, I’ve been praying and I’ve been seeking God, and I have the sense that God is going to do something among the young people in our church. Would you come and preach?"

I was just starting off in evangelism and I wanted to preach, so I said, "I’d love to come and preach at your church."

He said, "Would you meet with my young people? We’re going to have a prayer meeting Wednesday night. Just meet with the young people and pray with them." I went to meet with the young people, and there were only two or three there. They certainly had no interest in revival, or in God doing anything. I thought to myself, "This is going to be a disaster."

I asked the pastor, "What kind of publicity do you have?" He said, "We don’t have any publicity." I said to myself, "This is going to be embarrassing. This is no way for me to get started as a youth evangelist." I tried to convince him we shouldn’t do this thing, that it was not a good idea. But he kept saying to me this one thing: "I have been praying, and God is going to do something." Every time he would say it there would be a twinkle in his eye and a smile on his face. So I said, "Okay, Pastor, I’ll go with you."

We started off on a Wednesday night and were supposed to go through Sunday. The first Wednesday night there were about twenty-five people present. I preached my heart out, and I gave an altar call for people to repent and give their lives to Christ. Absolutely nothing happened. I was so discouraged. I went to the pastor and I said, "Pastor…," and I saw the twinkle in his eye, and he said, "Sammy, I’ve been praying, and God’s going to do something."

I came the next night and preached with all my heart. There was a singing group from the university there, a youth group, and after they sang I preached and gave the invitation and absolutely nothing happened again. We were about to close the service when a man came up to the pastor and said, "Pastor, I have to share something. I’m a leader of the young people in this church and I have been such a poor example." He gave some specific reasons why he had been such a poor example, and he said, "I have just knelt down and repented and asked God to cleanse me and to forgive me, and I need to stand and ask this church to forgive me, and I ask the young people to forgive me."

Before he could sit down, the leader of the singing group stood up and he said, "I have to tell you there is sin in my life," and he began to confess things in his life. I looked down at the altar and all in the singing group were on their faces before God. -Sammy Tippit

FREE EVENT TO ATTEND, PRE-REGISTER HERE: http://revivalconference.eventbrite.com/

2008/7/3 9:43Profile
KennLove

Indianapolis, Indiana

Re: 109 days until the Lilburn, GA, USA Revival Conference

Blessings, all!

I'm looking for a ride to Lilburn from my home here in Indianapolis.
I can help with expenses as God sees fit.
If no ride is available, could you please look for me hitching alongside the road?
I'll be the tall, eyegless-wearing, outwardly smiling middle-aged man with the backpack and the sign reading "Revival Conference, Lilburn".
Thank-you,
Kenn

2008/7/3 12:53Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
If no ride is available, could you please look for me hitching alongside the road?
I'll be the tall, eyegless-wearing, outwardly smiling middle-aged man with the backpack and the sign reading "Revival Conference, Lilburn".

Is there anyone near or around "Indianapolis" coming to the event that can give this dear brother a ride. I hope God can work in many peoples hearts to carpool and show christian community and love coming to this event.

2008/7/3 16:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy