SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Today I was blessed by TBN

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Today I was blessed by TBN

I know that this may sound like blunt heresy here on SI. I may sound like one who endorses Babylon’s mouthpiece, but read this first.

While in a hotel room today in Athens I happened to zap into TBN. They interviewed a number of people. One lady had an accident in a swimming pool and was paralysed and wheel chair bound afterwards. Many well-meaning Christians would come to her to pray for her healing. She said she never refuses a prayer and would be delighted to walk again. However, she asked those who pray for her to rather pray for her get rid of sin and experience her death to self and the resurrection power of Jesus. She used to manipulate her husband to make him do what she wanted but the realized her error.

Another young man was interviewed who had neither arms nor legs. He was a pastor’s kid and used to question the authenticity of his father’s sermons. He spoke very powerful of what it means to be an overcomer in Christ and his face radiated.

Another story was from a couple who praised God for their severely disabled baby boy who lived only 99 days.

These episodes were voted among the best of TBN’s 2007 stories.

I felt so blessed and convicted that I fell on my face and confessed my own petty complaints to God.

I see clearly that God wants to witness to those who are subscribing to the brand of Christianity advocated by TBN. He also used his servants to witness to me. God has mercy on lukewarm Laodicean Christians and wants no one to perish. I shall never forget that I once was one of them. It is a blessing to realize the truth to come out of Babylon. I see this as a revelation and gift of God; I did not come to this understanding by my superior theological reasoning.

We are technically right to denounce counterfeit revivals, Christian Media, and all the latest fads. How many of us actually have compassion and reach out a hand to those entangled in error?

narrowpath

2008/7/2 18:04Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re: Today I was blessed by TBN

narrowpath

God is AWESOME! He drew me to Himself from the new age, so I believe that even TBN can be used to bring Him glory.
Blessings Greg

2008/7/2 18:37Profile
davym

Re: Today I was blessed by TBN

My advice would be to steer clear of TBN no matter what stories they come up with.

Quote:
We are technically right to denounce counterfeit revivals, Christian Media, and all the latest fads. How many of us actually have compassion and reach out a hand to those entangled in error?

This is an excellent point, but beware lest you yourself become entangled in this error. Of course we should reach out in love though and many of us do. It can be a difficult witness though.

Ask them to back up their teaching with Scripture and they'll run a mile.

2008/7/2 18:47Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy