Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Guilt & Evangelism

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lawevangelis

Justin, TX

Guilt & Evangelism

Saints,

Here's an article I wrote yesterday called "Guilt & Evangelism". It's just a couple of observations I've had about the guilt Christians feel about evangelism.

Read it at: http://informedevangelist.blogspot.com/2008/06/guilt-and-evangelism.html

Blessings,

Jon

2008/7/1 10:06Profile
davym

Re: Guilt & Evangelism

Hi Jon

I can relate to that article.

On many occasions I've lacked the courage to evangelise only to later feel guilty.

I'm now of the opinion that we know in our hearts the people God wants us to talk to about the Gospel. We must trust Christ and obey the Master. It's one of the greatest joys of being a Christian when we spread the faith and He's there with us (He has to be or else we're wasting our time). What a privilege.

It's all part of spiritual growth though. I have reservations about evangelizing for the sake of evangelizing. Taken to the extreme, we would feel guilty about not evangelizing 24/7. We must allow the Spirit to work in us and follow His lead. He will give us the courage, power and direction to evangelize effectively. In our own strength we are nothing.

David

2008/7/1 12:10Profile
Lawevangelis

Justin, TX

Re:

I agree with you wholeheartedly on "evangelizing for the sake of evangelizing." We must do everything for the glory of God (1 Cor. 10:31). If we're so trapped by the sense of obligation and not gripped by the Gospel and consumed with His glorification, evangelism is a mighty tough row to hoe indeed.

Jon

2008/7/1 13:34Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy