SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Logically, only one way!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
warriorofgod

Logically, only one way!

Tell me what all of you think. There are two common phrases that are used against Christianity, and I have a rebuttal. Please tell me what all of you think about it.

People will often say "there couldn't possibly only one way to God" or they will say "all religions are right". Hear is my rebuttal to both:

"Logically, there can be only one way. If two people make two different statements that contradict one another, either ONE is right or BOTH are wrong, but both CANNOT be right. Even so, if both are WRONG, there must be a RIGHT or standard that you can judge off of to determine that BOTH are wrong. We then return to the beginning: Can all be right? No. Can all be wrong? Yes. Do we need a right to determine all are wrong? Absolutely!"

Jesus said something that no other religious teacher has said in history, "I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE". Notice: He did not say he KNEW the truth, the way, the life. but that he IS the truth, the way, and the life.

Input wanted. God Bless you all.

2008/6/30 16:03Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re: Logically, only one way!

Let God be true and every man a liar.

You have hit the crux of the matter, TRUTH. Can it be known, is there absolute truth etc...
I think this is the issue of the modern day, everyone is doing what is right in their own eyes.

Dr. Norman Geisler, Apologist and President of Southern Evangelical Seminary, uses his first two points in his twelve point apologetics outline to defend truth and its absoluteness.

In a world of relativism and pluralism, truth is a needed clarion call, its trumpet blast must be sounded.

Here is something I learned form Dr. Geisler about truth:

Quote:
What is truth? Truth is absolute/ most say truth is relative. Truth IS NOT what is COHESIVE/Internally consistent, COMPREHENSIVE, or what FEELS GOOD. Truth IS that which COORESPONDS to the facts, a DEFENSE of absolute truth, and about its REFERENT.

2008/6/30 16:55Profile
KennLove

Indianapolis, Indiana

Blessings!

"TRUTH is ABSOLUTE, therefore it is NARROW-MINDED!"--Zac Poonen
Kenn

2008/6/30 19:26Profile
Limey153

Berkshire, England

I was once stopped in the street by a follower of Hari Krishner who said to me that all religions are correct and all lead to God. I find it incredible how people can be so obviously blinded! I told him that I was a Christian and I only beleive what the bible tells me, at which he actually commended me and said "that is fine as long as you follow religion then you are safe".
What absolue non-sense!
Now ponder on this... Jesus said "No one comes to the father except by me", therefore if the Bible is correct then this man who follows Hari Krishner follows a lie. But!!.. if the Bible is wrong then again, all roads cannot lead to God since what is written in the Bible would then false and again that man follows a lie. Whichever way one looks at the argument, the 'all roads lead to God' idea cannot work!

2008/7/1 13:41Profile
warriorofgod

Re:

What do you all think of the logic and what was written?

2008/7/1 16:01Profile
davym

Re:

Quote:
What do you all think of the logic and what was written?

What you wrote is logical, but the problem isn't logic. It's this

[i]In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.[/i]

[i]2 Corinthians 4:4[/i]

How do we convince people that our way is that ONE way? Answer - we can't. It takes God to open their eyes. God will not share this with any man. He'll use us as vessels, but that's all and what a privilege that is.

2008/7/1 19:19Profile
warriorofgod

Re:

I know God opens the eyes,

But we must show men by all means and scripture that Christianity is the only way.

It is a logical argument and all I desire is your thoughts on the argument, not christianese.

Can any please assist me on their thoughts on the argument and whether or not you think it is plausible. Please do not respond if you are going to go on a rant about everything but the argument.

2008/7/2 1:27Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

I'm not great at logic, but it looks plausible. The opposite of truth is false, always.

I mentioned Dr. Geisler below because he was a professor of mine in an apologetics course. He covered some on logic and well-formed thoughts etc...

Logic is not my strong point, though, so unless i dig up some notes I may not be any help.

2008/7/2 8:12Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy