SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Apathy and loneliness

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Apathy and loneliness

Over time I have learned that if it is your desire to sell out to God and God alone... if it is your desire to be holy and seperated unto God... if it is your desire to love God above all else... then you should count the cost, because it can be a lonely existence at times.

"Though none go with me... still I will follow"

"Few are those who find it..."

Just wanted to throw that out there.

Krispy

2008/6/30 13:26
Ruach34

Beijing

Re: Apathy and loneliness

Thanks, Krittr. I take peace, knowing that God is speaking to folks in the Blue Ridge mountains. Having spent four years there at ASU I know it can feel like a dreary and godless place.

I wonder if this lonliness is a persecution we will suffer for desiring godliness. Not that it is itself the measure for persecution but can we count it as persecution?

2008/6/30 13:59Profile

Re:

I suppose it is... but then I look at what our brethren endure in Asia and other areas of the world... and I really cant call it "persecution". But it is a sacrifice.

(Go Mountaineers! They whooped one up on Michigan this year, huh?)

Krispy

2008/6/30 14:05
rbanks

Re:

Hi Krispy,

I thought I would say hello brother!

Here is a thought, what do you think the bible means when it says obedience is better than sacrifice.

Also I believe David said I will not give to God what cost me nothing, when it comes to sacrifice.

2008/6/30 14:16Profile

Re:

Well, Saul was told to kill every living creature in one particular battle, and he didnt. Instead he tried to sacrifice some of the looted cattle to the Lord... and the Lord rebuked him. He wanted Saul's obedience, not the sacrifice he was trying to give.

Krispy

2008/6/30 14:26
rbanks

Re: Apathy and loneliness

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Over time I have learned that if it is your desire to sell out to God and God alone... if it is your desire to be holy and seperated unto God... if it is your desire to love God above all else... then you should count the cost, because it can be a lonely existence at times.

Krispy

How would this desire come about? Where would this desire come from? Is it possible for a human to have this kind of desire from himself?

2008/6/30 14:35Profile

Re:

I do... thats my desire. Sometimes I am closer than other times in attaining it. I think it comes when we emerse ourselves in the Word of God and seek Him in continual prayer.

But yes, I believe that should be the desire and goal of every believer. It cant be fully realized in this lifetime, but if it isnt our goal and desire, then what are we doing?

Krispy

2008/6/30 14:46
rbanks

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
I do... thats my desire. Sometimes I am closer than other times in attaining it. I think it comes when we emerse ourselves in the Word of God and seek Him in continual prayer.

Krispy

The message of the cross is what the apostle's preached. Paul said-

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

We love Him because he first Love us.

Paul (after his conversion) spent his life in apprehending what he was apprehended for. He was always pressing in Christ to win Christ. He would deny himself on a daily basics.

He was consumed with Christ and his desire, and that was his passion. He did not seek to save his life because he wanted to be rid of his life, he wanted Christ life.

We must reckon ourselves to be crucified with Christ and desire that our every desire will be of Christ. We pray not our desire but his desire be done in us and through us to the glory of God.

We must surender all to Him and Him alone. We must become a vessel for Christ to live in and live through. We must want no glory for ourselves only for his glory.

We have no decision concerning our life because it is not our own, for we have been bought with a price.

Heavenly Father, may my desires that flow from me, be not of me, but only of thee so that I can truly please thee.

2008/6/30 16:06Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy