SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Coffee and a Laptop don't mix!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Thats not the issue as much having a computer to run sermonindex with. Hopefully I will be able to save all the files but having a new laptop or computer to work with is the need right now. I appreciate prayer for this.

We recently bought a new laptop and it came with Vista... took some getting used to, but now I love Vista. A little too cartoonish, but it has a nice feel to it.

Krispy

2008/6/25 16:57
HindsFeet

Re:

I think we should be praying that God will provide a new computer for SI...

I will pray.

2008/6/25 17:06Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
but now I love Vista.

Krispy,
You are the first one I hear say he loves Vista! I have it also....got a new printer that is supposed to be compatible with Vista and it does no better then my other: it will not print multiple copies of anything when I tell it to. I talked to HP via email, got it working briefly and now it is back to its old sins...about like some religious people..**sigh**

ginnyrose

2008/6/25 17:08Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
... took some getting used to, but now I love Vista

Figured you to be an “XP Only” guy. :-P

2008/6/25 17:10Profile
JoanM

Re:

Thank you Father! You are soooo GOOD.

Now that we are asking for a new laptop, I think it would be wize to plan for [b]one that will take the information load (needs, whatever) that comes with revival[/b]. CRF must have history on that, Greg. We are, after all, in believing prayer for revival. Think about it. What would be needful (auto-backup? :-) ). Thank you Father

2008/6/25 18:11Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

I think we should be praying that God will provide a new computer for SI...

Thank you for praying. Right now the current situation is the laptop battery is finished and the computer is working on and off. I am backing off the data off the harddrive and trusting God for a new laptop. thanks for the prayers. Definitely this day has been filled with alot of tasks I would rather not have to do. God knows and is in control.

2008/6/25 18:45Profile

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
Quote:
Also I have learned not to despair over something that has been taken away for a season, as often it has been restored! I will pray.

Yes hopefully this will be restored soon it is the only computer that I have to update sermonindex.net on I am using a public computer right now. Prayers are appreciated.

Greg, it would be wiser to seek wisdom on the reason the Lord allowed this to happen before hoping it would be restored soon. If you continue praying for restoration (which is the first thing coming to mind), you risk missing the voice of the Lord.

Indeed, this laptop problem may be a little thing. But if we cannot hear God about the little things that happen in our lives, but hurriedly dismiss them as "workings of Satan" or "randomness" or as irrelevant or neutral, then what assurance do we have that we are on the right path with the larger issues? For in my experience most such blunders and "sad occurrences" God has used to wake me up from slumber or deception and speak to me. But if I had focused on getting my work done or finishing the course I'd begun, I would never have heard from the Lord and [i]corrected[/i] it.

When the Lord wants to take something away from us, the easiest way to do this is to simply take it away (something gets broken, lost, stolen, etc.)--even if the very thing is our most treasured possession and our primary instrument to serve Him. But if we are seeking His will and His wisdom, we will never be quick to dismiss such occurrences lightly.

It saddens me that people are praying on the cue. Prayer is more than "asking God for something we think we need" (for the things we need, He already knows we need them); prayer is seeking the mind and will of God and being united with them.

In Christ,
Slavyan

2008/6/26 4:48
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
Definitely this day has been filled with alot of tasks I would rather not have to do

For me, it is during these days of not getting to do what I want…or had planned…that God gets what He wants, i.e. teaching me patience and thwarting my self reliance…and it fits perfectly into His plan. Not saying this is necessarily the case in this situation…but they are days of growth none the less.

Quote:
God knows and is in control.

Amen!

What comfort we can derive from this simple fact. Great is our God who is always in control…even in the midst of our trials!

Glad to hear the data could be saved.

I will be praying that God’s will be done in meeting the needs of this ministry

Grace and peace

2008/6/26 10:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy