SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Amazing Discovery Confirms That The Ten Commandments Made It To America Before Columbus Did

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MandM

Amazing Discovery Confirms That The Ten Commandments Made It To America Before Columbus Did

Have you heard of the Los Lunas Decalogue Stone?

It is a huge stone on the side of a mountain in New Mexico that has the Ten Commandments inscribed into it in ancient Hebrew.

You can see a picture of it here:

http://shatteredparadigm.blogspot.com/2008/06/los-lunas-decalogue-stone-how-in-world.html

The scholars who have studied it date it anywhere from 500 to 3000 years old. That would almost certainly mean that it pre-dates the arrival of Christopher Columbus to the New World.

What do you all think about this?

2008/6/24 17:18Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Amazing Discovery Confirms That The Ten Commandments Made It To America Before Co

Quote:
What do you all think about this?

Fascinating if true. I would guess it won't be too long until someone will come along to discredit the conclusion of the named experts. However, if it is true this would definitely evoke a lot of fascinating questions: how much knowledge of God existed among the ancient peoples who populated the New World? Seems like I have heard of other inscriptions found in the SW that is credited to the ancient Phoenicians. I eagerly await the evaluation of honest experts! (Anything like this? lol)

ginnyrose

2008/6/24 19:01Profile
wta

Canadian in America (Bremerton, WA) "A stranger in a strange land..."

Re:

It won't be long before the Federal Government has them taken down, don't want to offend anyone you know...

2008/6/24 21:01Profile
theopenlife

Re:

If this is true, however it may have happened, one thing is certain. They had just enough information to condemn them more thoroughly.

"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin." Rom 3:20

"If there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. 22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe." Gal 3:21-22

I suspect the Devil Himself might carve the Decalogue on a rock if he knew the gospel wasn't going to come show people a way out from under the law for righteousness.

Weird. I'll bet the Mormons are loving this. "Our first piece of evidence ever!"

2008/6/25 3:54Profile

Re:

oops... double post!

2008/6/25 11:36

Re:

I dont believe it's true. Are these the same "experts" who believe the earth is trillions of years old, and that we evolved from apes? These experts always make these wild guesses about how old things are, only to be discredited eventually.

It might have gotten here before Columbus, but Columbus certainly was not the first explorer on American soil. And he certainly wasnt anywhere near New Mexico.

I am a bit surprised that the Mormons havent jumped all over this.

Krispy

2008/6/25 11:42
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

Quote:
Weird. I'll bet the Mormons are loving this. "Our first piece of evidence ever!"

haha

2008/6/25 16:43Profile

Re:

It's probably a Mormon hoax...!

Krispy

2008/6/25 16:55
MandM

Re:

It is not a hoax.

I believe that it is imperative that we get this information out to as many people as possible.

2008/7/7 17:32Profile
theopenlife

Re:

MandM, would you please explain why it is 'imperative'? Thank you.

2008/7/7 21:18Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy