SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : I am going to Camp.. refugees coming to camp.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

I am going to Camp.. refugees coming to camp.

We will have at least 120 (~25 families) refugees coming to camp.
* I will be teaching the 4-9 years old about moses
I have three classes,
1- Moses life from baby to being called by God
2-iN eypyt how God saves them
3- Passover
* please pray I will have wisdom and God truth will be heard.
* will have good health
* Pray my family I work with will be able to come
( pray I will be filled with Gods mighty power

SPECIFIC PRAYER REQUESTS

PREPARATION FOR CAMP: (the enemy is already attacking us in many ways and making lots of things very difficult as we prepare for camp)

*transportation: that we would find enough buses and vans and drivers since our original plans didn’t work out

*finances: since the grant money didn’t come through, we need other large donations

*spiritual warfare prayers… protection from any kind of attack for volunteers and their families and refugee families

*set-up and preparation time for the volunteers on Friday PM

CAMP WEEKEND:

*transportation: getting every camper to meet the bus on Sat AM, safe travel up and down the mountain, a good and organized plan for transporting everyone down the hill Sat PM and Sun AM

*volunteers: joy in serving and giving, boldness in loving, flexibility, strength and stamina throughout the weekend, key conversations with campers, that our hearts would be right before God, that we would be humble and not superior acting/thinking, ability to administer the Word of Truth to the campers needs and questions (Acts 4:29)

*relationships to be formed between volunteers and campers that go beyond camp

*trust would be gained and walls come down

*peace and kindness between the different people groups who, in normal circumstances, may be considered enemies

*a spirit of community that transcends race, religion, politics, tribes, denominations

*may the campers see Jesus in us!

*opportunities to tell WHY we are doing this

*seekers identified and seeds sown (and plans for discipleship established)

*wisdom for leadership: Phil & Sally Schmidt- camp directors; Fred Niegocki- ESL; Susan Wise- Children’s Program; Audrey Hill- head chef; Ryan Green and Cherie Gray- music and games

2008/6/24 11:34Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: I am going to Camp.. refugees coming to camp.

Will be prayings sis. And I pray God exceeds your expectations.

Let us know how everything goes.

God bless.

2008/6/24 11:46Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

I will thanks for praying
in Christ
charlene

2008/6/25 21:07Profile
Nellie

May God take care of each request,through Jesus Christ, and by the Power of the Holy Spirit.
Nellie

2008/6/25 23:12Profile

Will be praying, sister. Believe God to do great and mighty things!

~Joy :)

2008/6/25 23:19
awakenwithin

AZ

Thanks everyone.
I just found out I will have 30 little kids age 4-9 years old. I go up friday will be back sunday
Look forward to telling what God did..

Blessing
In Christ
charlene

2008/6/25 23:41Profile
HeartSong

Re:

I will be praying Charlene.

Where are the refugees from?
Is the camp on Mt. Lemon?

. . . 30 little kids - wow!

2008/6/26 0:40Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

We have about 120 coming, but 70 are children.
Yes it is at Mt Lemon, it will nice a cool :)
It has been at 105 it even got up to 110

They are from all over... Africa, turks, I will have to get back to you on this question...
One of the famlies I go and see it coming.

2008/6/26 1:35Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Charlene,
I just wanted to know how everything went at the camp?
Would be good to hear what took place.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

2008/7/1 1:41Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Charlene,
I just wanted to know how everything went at the camp?
Would be good to hear what took place.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

YOu are so kind, to ask. I really I am delighted and happy.
Lots happened I am so thankful to God. This year was so different then last year. Last year I had everything ready. But this year, I had the story but I wasn't ready. I just prayed for Gods mercy to help me put everything together that night. My friend was going to help me say some words in their lang, On the way up to the Mt they helped me. Hopeless, There were some word I couldn't get.. :) But I didn't give up. As we went up The Mt we talked it turn out to be a huge help. This was a huge blessing. I was so thankful and amazed how God can do more in 1 hour then we can in 3 days. And thats just what he did. When we got up there I felt ready to share the wonderful story of Moses. His name was easy to say compared to the others, no the word slave was the easy too:)

when we got there is was so amazing, right before me was the beauty of all God had made. I love being up there to take in all Gods creation. He opened my eyes to all his Glory.
The verse God kept taking me too was in ps. Let teh King of Glory come in. Let the king of Glory in.

Last year it was really hard to find poster size picture for the story, I had a team of about 5 people who where to help in different parts. I gave the song over to one girl and games to aother and one aother to crafts. Anyway I brought poster bord, I thought I will just draw the story out and put color on it. So I started right away. I saw that this was going to take a lot longer then I thought.. But again but would take hours God let me do it just a couple. I was blessed and saw how Good God was. He helped me draw them out. Then so many people came and color them. They turn out great, I would have to take a picture of them. They were a blessing from God. When I was done I saw his grace His kindness. It is amazing what we can get done when we work together. I am thankful that there are different parts of the body and when we use our different parts, things just work well.

I went to bed that Night with hope that God would use me. That it was his plan for me being there. That even my weakness he can and does use me. I know without doult all glory honor praise goes to God. I couldn't do any of it, if others had not been praying for me and help of the holy spirit working in me what could I have done. I am thankful that lets me have weakness, so I must rest and trust in him. So I went to bed knowing it was God who brought me and he would work as He willed. I was so encouraged by those who said they were praying. I didn't know what he would do But I knew he was faithful.

I had a plan, for the class. But I was open to what God wanted me to do Or what could happen. I gathered a few together and we prayed that God would work and save these little ones. and We get out of the way and he would work. That Gods love would be seen through us. It is great when we can gather and pray. My heart was joyful. We got to join our prayers asking God to work. I know God hears and answers. he is always at work.

The refguee started to come, as the bus dropped them off. the frist family was from Africa. They had only been in the USa for about two months. The next two hours over 110 people came. I was so blessed when I saw mary My dear friend. Her little girl came up and gave me a huge. She has 4 kids and is going have her 6, she lost the 5 over a year ago. She has been throug a lot. She has ask me many good questions. She had a dream about the baby that she is with. there was a bright light tellng don't worry this baby is imporant everything will be ok, don't worry about food and stuff. I have had her two older kids over to my house on wednesday when they where in school. She wasn't feeling well and had to go lay down for half of the time that she was there.

I went around talking and welcomeing many people. I didn't know but a few people. there was so many new familes who just came the USA and knew every little words. I tride to get to know the kids a little, that when class came they would be ok with staying with me. Then they went into big group time, they sang so songs.Some where eager to talk others where shy. Most of kids where out going and friendly. They where all so happy to be there. I went off and prayed a little and to get ready.

My frist class. I had about 20 kids, the other 10 went with the older girls. the older girls where doing a differnt story. The older boy where going on a hike and the moms and dads to class. 5 where from one family. I didn't know at the time that they where all family. We started off in a few songs.
then I started my story with Moses how is was put in the river and how he was brought up and killed a man and ran, and how God spoke to him and Who God said he was. I tride with my words, they understand those ones. But they didn't know what I was saying promble at this at least half. I saw that there was a eager boy who knew what I was saying and their lang. So I got him to come and tell them the story in their lang. It was a great joy. that God perpared what I needed. I ask them question after. I ask them how do we hear God today? One said we don't, Aother said when we pray. They where all muslims. So they prayed alot or least some did or saw there family doing it. They all sat down for crafts. I took my questions and started at one end and asking them. The frist two sister, were not so eager to hear about God. But still listened. I has told the kids that just has God had a plan for Moses So he has a plan for all who are his children. I then went to the little boy I work with, I started asking him questions to. The boy who was so eager was like please ask me questions. I would ask a question to other kid and he would say oh I know. HIs little brother seem to understand too as while as his sister too. His two cousin didn't understand but wanted to learn. I think they got that God called Moses to go to Gods people.

Before the next class we took time to pray again and for the one boy. I was so blessed that he could be such a big help. But now his sister was eager to help, and other kids.

I will have to share more later I must go to bed.

2008/7/1 4:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy