SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Women in ministry:..All of Isaiah 61.....Your thoughts?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread

Re:

That short quote is really beautiful about Adam's rib being under his arm and close to his heart. Thank you for posting it.

2008/11/14 15:39
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
rbanks wrote:

Here is something to think about. In general the bible says that a woman is the weaker vessel (meaning feminine vs. masculine) and that she was deceived. The bible also says the woman is not to power over the man (chiefly meaning her husband who is her head)but also could mean having the chief authority over an assembly.

We know any person male or female, if not grounded in the word can lead people astray. We must judge all teaching by the foundational teaching already laid. We also know that the cross deals with the old man (male & female). So a person (male or female)must be dealt with by the cross, rooted in the word and spirit-filled in order to do ministry acceptable to God. The spirit of God qualifies them for ministry.

Here is where I disagree with some who would shoot all the women down from teaching/preaching because they are a woman, as Paul did not do because they were laboring with him in the gospel. Scripture is clear, God pours out his spirit on sons and daughters to prophesy.

Peter even said in his writings that the leaders were to be examples and were not to Lord over God's heritage. We all must have a covering. The man's head is Christ but let us not think that the woman's head is not also Christ. Where the woman is not married, she has no other head but Christ only. But when the woman is married, her head is her husband because God has given the leadership responsibility to the man to love his wife like Christ loved the church and to look out for the welfare of his home. Sad to say not many are striving to do this!

The main government of the local church should be lead by spirit filled, rooted in the word,(most of the time)men of God. Women who are spirit filled and also rooted in the word should not be disqualified because of their agenda, they should only be disqualified when they are not teaching/preaching sound doctrine which by the way disqualifies men also.

I have trouble with anyone being the sole authority. I will say according to the bible and the way God has designed women as being feminine instead of masculine that they are not to desire authority over men. But they are not to be disqualified from ministry, of the spirit in teaching/preaching.

I believe to pastor a church, is generally for the man. I know of a few women pastors. I will not shoot them down, although I believe they need to be under authority. If they are married they are not to have authority over their husband. They are not to be the sole authority of their local church. The man also must be accountable when he is ministering the word.

all for now,
rbanks

Brother in the Lord,

I agree with what you have written. Praise God for the men who encourage women to walk in their calling.

I'm not reading through all the posts because I'll just get agitated :) but I know wherein I've been called and I know who called me and equipped me. The Lord didn't call me to minister to men OR to women, He called me to minister to those who have an ear to hear. It's as simple as that.

I really appreciate your discernment in the following statement:
Quote:
We know any person male or female, if not grounded in the word can lead people astray. We must judge all teaching by the foundational teaching already laid. We also know that the cross deals with the old man (male & female). So a person (male or female)must be dealt with by the cross, rooted in the word and spirit-filled in order to do ministry acceptable to God. The spirit of God qualifies them for ministry.

God bless you

2008/11/14 15:50Profile
Grysaard

Repent!!!!!!!

[u][i][b][size=xx-small][color=006633]All of Isaiah 61.....Your thoughts?[/color][/size][/b][/i][/u]

First this was Isaiah Second it was Christ Third it was the Apostles fourth it was the Church leaders to follow. I never see our sister Mary preach or teach in Acts nor write any letters of correction to the Churches.

Come now, God has not given woman the responsibility to teach men and usurp authority in the Church. They are to get marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully. She shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

I plead with you look and see that men and woman are one in Christ, but they are still men and woman with different responsibilities and rolls in life to fulfill. The sad truth is the men has left there responsibilities and now woman are confused and left to make a fare show in the flesh to help a desperate backslidden state of the so called church.

Then to bring even more rebuke to us lukewarm men is that God in His mercy and unlimited wisdom bless the feeble efforts of the ladies. This is not done so we can reinterpret scriptures like 1Ti 2:11-12 and 1Co 14:34-37, but rather as a rebuke to us men who likes the back seat.

[i][color=000033] So what I set before you is the following:[/color][/i]

[u][b][size=medium][color=000099]A Precious Gift[/color][/size][/b][/u]
God’s gifts are always good and given for a blessing. Praise be to Him. A prudent wife is from Him .Prov 19:14. Whoso findeth a wife ...obtain favor of the Lord Prov.18:22. A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband Prov.12:4. Yes, truly she has a great value far above rubies and is to be searched for Prov.31:10. She does her husband good all the days of her life. Prov.31:12. A secure gift of love.

In a meek and quiet spirit which is in the sight of God of great price, 1Pet.3:4 she conducts her life. She feareth God and therefore is praised Prov.31:30. Her children can only but rise up and call her blessed Prov.31:28. Her husbands heart rejoices over her. She has won the trust of her husband through love, honor, respect and submission unto the Lord, and even unto him, knowing his weaknesses. This often humbles and reproofs him deeply 1Pet.3:1.

She was last at the cross, Mark 15:47 and first at the tomb. John 20:1 She was first to proclaim the resurrection, Matt.28:8 and first to proclaim Jesus Christ to the Jews. Luke 2:36-38 She has a great love to serve the church and labor for the gospel. When God choose to use her in preaching, teaching and judging men Judges 4:1-9 the Spirit of truth and humility puts to shame the men, for it is a reproof unto the men in their backslidden state. Using her, God is saying: ”Where are the God fearing men ?”. Because God would rather use men to lead. Ephesians 5:22-31 / 1Cor.14:34-40 / Titus 2:5. She is most effective as the helper of man Gen.2:18 . Where there are spiritual men, she gladly cover herself with a heart of submission and takes great delight to go unnoticed, as she chooses to continue in travailing prayer, sharing her faith and praising God. She has a mandate to proclaim the gospel, Mark 16:15 pray and prophesy Joel 2:28 /Act 21:9 in complete surrender unto God.

In old age she is already well reported for good works, bringing up children and lodging strangers. She is known for washing the saints feet and relieving the afflicted 1Tim.5:10. She is deeply at peace and firmly secure in the Lord. She views herself as a handmaid, Luke 1:38 and her modesty, generosity and holiness with sobriety are crowning qualities 1 Timothy 2:9-15.

She has not been all these things, praise be to God. He has by His Spirit given her a divine nature and placed His attributes of love, servanthood, humility, meekness, submission and patience, to name just a few, in her. She has, through Christ Jesus, become a new creation to reflect His glory. Godly wives, one of God’s precious gifts to man. By L.vd Merwe

A womens ministry is most blessed if she is hidden. Listen to Instructions for a Godly Woman by Helen Leibee

2008/11/14 16:53Profile

Re: Repent!!!!!!!

Grysaard. YES!
I didn't even read the "precious gift" yet. I just wanted to express my joy for your faith!
A lot of men are even willing to admit that they aren't filling their roles but they are too chicken to admit that the women are exceeding women's roles.

Just like the carnal soul is mastered by the flesh and Adam let himself be mastered by Eve so have feminine men become women while they have let and encouraged their wives to become men.

2008/11/14 17:02
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: To Grysaard - Amen

Dear Grysaard,

How wonderfully expressed.

I agree 100% and although my screen name does not show it, I am a woman. However, the judgment on men in the Church in general is, sadly, close to true, it is not the case in my marriage. Thanks be to Jesus.

Continue on with this discussion all you want, it does not change the Word of God.

One of the hardest things for me to master, since I have become a Christian, is my tongue. At times I believe I should cut it out. The greatest comfort is reading Paul's confession of his frustration with the same problem.

Praise the Lord for this medium we have to communicate.

Kind regards,
white stone

2008/11/14 18:06Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
One of the hardest things for me to master, since I have become a Christian, is my tongue. At times I believe I should cut it out. The greatest comfort is reading Paul's confession of his frustration with the same problem.

What passage of Paul do you have in mind?

2008/11/15 5:07Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: this verse

Rom:7:15: For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

I have always though that this could apply to speaking 'out of turn' or being sharp.

Knowing I should bring Jesus into my conversations, I find myself speaking only of worldly things and losing opportunities to witness. Worse, instead of leaving the impression of the One True Lord, I leave the impression of Me, Myself, I. The ego obsessed one who is immersed in worldly things and filled with pride. This is too easy to do.

Do you understand what I am trying to say? Perhaps, I should ask, what do you think I am saying? Then I might be able to make it clearer a second time around (Lord willing, I get a 2nd chance).

Kindest regards,
white stone

2008/11/15 10:19Profile
rbanks

Re:

Here are some scriptures that speak about the tongue.

Jas 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
Jas 3:7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
Jas 3:8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

The Holy Spirit is the only one who can tame the tongue as we allow him to fill us and to govern our lifestyle.

2008/11/15 11:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy