SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Women in ministry:..All of Isaiah 61.....Your thoughts?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Women in ministry:..All of Isaiah 61.....Your thoughts?

Quote:
Galations, 3, vss 26 through 29. for you are all son's of God through faith in Jesus Christ! for as many of you that were baptized into Christ, HAVE Put on Christ.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave, nor free, [i][b]There is neither male nor female;, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.[/b][/i]

And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, [b]and heir to the promise."[/b]

Exactly what is the ministry? I believe the ministry can be defined as the holy Spirit Acting. I believe that this acting, or anointing is available. ans a part of being in Christ, for every Born Again soul, and as the text above states, He dwells in all, not respecting sex, race, or position. This is the nature of the body of Christ.

All of Isaiah 61. No exceptions. Isaiah 61 is the ministry, which, by the way, is independent from the Authority inside of the Church.

Quote:
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach.

If a female desires to share her faith in Christ, and lifts up her voice, say as Maria Wordsworth Etters did, is this out of order? To, declare to the lost, that Jesus is Lord, or one on one, as missionary sisters have done for millenia? It is absurd to think that one would quench this, if it were of Christ, and Holy faith!

This is the good news! a woman can proclaim her Savior's love to the meek, and some sisters have been burnt alive for doing so.
Quote:
He has sent me to bind up the broken hearted, and to proclaim liberty to the Captive.

I think of Jackie Pullinger, and her ministry to the Prostitutes in Hong Kong..[ the forbidden city is no more...the communists bulldozed it,], and many, many more compassionate women today, saving souls, and proclaiming liberty to the captives. I wish we had 10,000 like her and them, leaving a wake of glory, and deliverance behind them.

[b]Jesus had a mercy ministry on Earth, and He still has one today, for whoever captures His heart![/b]

He opens the door to the prison, and He will use anyone who so desires, male, or female. The heart of God, and His power to impart it, does not rest on the Brother alone,
Quote:
To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the Day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn.

Can a woman instill faith to her children? How about her friends. How about those in the workplace? How about strangers she meets? How about anyone she so desires to, or is led to? Can she tell them, that Jesus is soon returning, and now is the time to repent, and believe, for you are not guaranteed tomorrow? Can she, through the living graces of the ministry of Comfort, comfort the hurting? Maybe it would be OK to do so to the same group mentioned above.

I submit to you, that everyone who walks with Christ, has this ministry. It's called Love, and God anoints His Word, with the carrying of His heart, and, cannot women have a heart for God?

The issue is Authority within the meeting, primarily. A woman must not usurp power over men. They are not to declare doctrinal foundations,as by nature,are a weaker vessel, and thereby deceived easier. In these areas they are not to usurp, over men or speak, in meetings. It is not their place. But Paul also said, that he desired all to prophesy, and that the giftings were allowed, along with a spontaneous song. an edifying testimony, a Word of Wisdom, or Knowledge, or other prophetic utterances, such as tongues and interpretation. Are the gifts of the Spirit only given to men? Did the Lord somehow cut out women, and divide them to be a second class of non gifted drone servants, who kept house, and had babies. Always in silence. ...If you want to see crushed Spirits, try some of the Aberration of Christianity who have laid down these oppressive laws for their sisters. It is akin to Islam, and to me, profoundly disrespectful, and generally a dishonor to the female Christian...

stop for repost for timing sake....

2008/6/23 17:45
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Women in ministry:..All of Isaiah 61.....Your thoughts?

You can find women with tremendous hearts for
God and His Word and prayer is almost any real
Church. There are many women who have devoted
themselves entirely to ministry to the broken,
desperate, lonely, lost, needy, poor all over
the world!! I say, GOD BLESS THEM MIGHTILY!!

2008/6/23 18:07Profile

Re: Women in ministry:..All of Isaiah 61.....Your thoughts?

Quote:
To appoint them that mourn in Zion, to give them beauty for ashes, and the oil of joy, for mourning.

Isaiah 61, vs, 3...

Again, can a sister have love, that emits from the throne? Faith works by Love. A sister can carry Love and Joy, can't they? well it is absurd to think not, yet this is the foundation of the ministry of Jesus, and the mission He desired, that through His love, "They might Believe."
God's love heals.

Quote:
But YOU..[plural] shall be named the Priests of the Lord: men shall call you"The ministers of our God![ this is the ministry, see?] Isaiah 61 vs. 6.......

Quote:
You also[plural]as lively stones, are built up as a spiritual house, A holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God, by Jesus Christ.[the anointed one.!

...1 Peter, chap., 2, vs 5.

Are women Priests too, in this Spiritual house? I think it is ignorance to think not! Neither male, nor female. One body, and one in Christ, The anointing cannot, nor is it contained in the Male alone.

We have surrendered one half of the church to an essentially non-functioning role. This has partly came, through our ideas of the meeting. [b]THE MEETING IS NOT THE CHURCH![/b] It is a portion, yes, but the church are the members of it, whether they are nursing a child, working in a field, or being martyred. The church is us. One Lord, one Faith one Babtism, that has one Spirit, that does not hide or change because He happened to choose a female to redeem. He is the Same, always.

However, there is a difference, as I have noted, in the Administration of oversight, and authority, especially in the doctrinal realms, that are relegated to men, for obvious reasons of the Lord. Women, and females are a weaker vessel, according to the Word, and as the order of Adam, and God's decree that she should be under Adam, so is it today. A woman is not allowed to Teach, or to usurp authority over a man. It is unnatural. It puts pressure on women, who by nature, do not have the makeup to endure it.

I will now speak by experience. In my time as a radical believer, about 35 years[it doesn't mean anything], I have seen many, many women as Pastors, or wannabes. I have not found one...no not one, that had not entered into some sort of glaring error. I am not talking about missionaries. I met a sister, in her 80s, that radiated Jesus more than any other person I have ever met. She prayed for me, and my heart melted, and life changed..[..somehow, I know that she was not a teacher, or Pastor.]

Have you ever heard of Mrs. Tozer? I haven't, but I bet she was one knock down whale of a Godly woman! Did you ever hear of Him, and the holy brothers like him, introduce his wife as PASTOR? I don't think so. This is a neo-pentecostal idea, that is blatantly unscriptural, but it keeps the Pride a pumpin', and Momma happy. [also Jezebel dancing.] YUK! Yet it is prevalent today, as the scriptures are tossed out, for a more peaceful home, and more power to rule over "my" church.

The Elders are to allow the Holy Spirit free reign in the meetings of the Church. It is as unscriptural to have a "one man show", as it is to have sisters running it. There is not one example in the new testament, where a plurality, of Equals as Elders, or Shepherds, were instituted. Of course, this is poo-pooed as unnecessary, for "it's just not practical".

The Shepherd's were never intended to dominate a meeting, but, "When you come together, [b]each one [/b] has a song, a testimony, a Word of Wisdom or knowledge...The weaker vessels were honored, for they were taught that they needed them, for more grace was bestowed upon the weak. They[the early church]liked Grace!

This was more like an orchestra playing, with a spirit of prayer, than the lonely prima donna consuming 90 % of time with his expository thoughts; A full sized MC and performer, from 1st to last. Not so, as the Lord's model. In there , it was the Holy Spirit who rules, as His dancing hand fell on Whoever He desired...young, old, Jew, Greek, male or Female...Jesus moved in these Holy meetings as He saw fit.

The Elders were anointed and called to allow and Prove Divine order, and Jesus as that ruler, during the meetings. When, they, or a teacher, though, spoke concerning Judgement and justice, or doctrinal purity, this was the domain of the Brother only, as we have discussed. This has nothing to do with the life of the sister, or the anointing and giftings that may rest upon her. to deny her if this relational ministry is to deny Christ, in another..[common union, or communion]

All of Isaiah 61, and none of the governmental rule. This is the order of the New testament. It is FREEDOM. and our sisters, like our brothers, have an opportunity to know Christ Jesus as much as anyone who has ever lived! You can not know Him, without Him knowing you, and to be possessed by Him, is the heart root of what true ministry is.

2008/6/23 18:56
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

2 Corinthians 5:16-21 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Reconciliation; That is of ministry.

We know no human being after the flesh. No male or female, and in making all One in Christ He speaks to that man. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Why? 2 Corinthians 5:18-19 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Who has this ministry of reconciliation?

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

New Creatures, a New Creation Race of God's chosen son's as The Son being our new Creation-Creature life.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Who has this ministry of reconciliation?

All in Christ Jesus, notwithstanding any prejudice of women to this ministry.

2 Corinthians 5:20-21 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Reconcile Brother, Reconcile Sisters, for we are all One in Christ Jesus who has taken away the the same wall of partition that was in Jew and Gentile, also male and female. We are One in Him.

Making of two, ONE. Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Does this not include all commandments and ordinances in the law, and by Himself being in us making ONE new man be we male or female.

Is this not the peace of God in Christ Jesus that the God promised, we would enter His Peace.

I love you brothers and sisters and make no distinction between male or female, by who we are in Christ Jesus our lord. Personally, I prefer females in all their glory, as Adam said WOW, thank you Lord. If women in Christ Jesus preach, I in Christ Jesus will listen, hearing Him, not male or female but the Christ that is in us. Be ye reconciled to God. Amen

In Christ: Phillip

2008/6/23 19:16Profile

Re: Christinyou...Phillip. We need our sisters to function in Him!

You a funny guy! I was married for 25 years, and I am so grateful to the Lord for the female! My grandaughter has me rapped around her finger, and she knows it! It is very humbling, but worth the humiliate!

Your scriptures are right on, along with the spirit of your post.

2008/6/23 19:30
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Praise the Lord, Granddaughters are like that, and great granddaughters. Grand-pa's quiver is full. Thank you Lord.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/6/23 19:34Profile

Re: We need our sisyers to step up!

I believe a great awakening is coming in the attitude of the church toward women, and many of the bondages wiil fall off. This will not occur in our present system, but it will be outside the camp.

I would like to hear from my sisters on these issues. We need you. You are equal in ministry.

2008/6/26 0:11
rbanks

Re:

Hey, I have even heard someone say because the women are the weaker vessels and are easily deceived, so they are not to teach.

But it's alright to teach the women and children!! So are they saying, it's ok for the children and other women to be deceived by their teaching but just not the men.

That's the reason I have stated on another post that it is the anointing that teaches us by a God called and gifted person (male or female -God's choice)

rbanks

2008/6/26 0:28Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
I would like to hear from my sisters on these issues. We need you.

We all need each other, for only in each other can we be complete in Him - and in Him we will all fall naturally into the place that He would have us to be.

2008/6/26 2:50Profile

Re:

Quote:
But it's alright to teach the women and children!! So are they saying, it's ok for the children and other women to be deceived by their teaching but just not the men.

In these situations the women are teaching under the authority of a pastor or their own husbands.

You can try and reason away scripture if you want to, and even mock those of us who take scripture literally... but the fact is the [b]WORD OF GOD[/b] says:

[b]1 Timothy 2:10-14[/b] [i]But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.[/i]

That should be the end of the discussion right there. But no, people dont like it so we have to have long drawn out debates trying to find a way that we can disobey scripture without getting in trouble with God.

The same question Satan asked Eve gets asked by well intentioned Christians on this very forum... "Yea, hath God said...?"

I say "Yes... God hath said!"

Krispy

2008/6/26 7:32

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy