SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Presbyterian (USA) Minister Officiates Gay Calif. Wedding

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Presbyterian (USA) Minister Officiates Gay Calif. Wedding

[b]Presbyterian (USA) Minister Officiates Gay Calif. Wedding[/b]

A retired Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) minister challenged her denomination's position on same-sex marriage Friday by officiating the wedding of two women who wanted to be among the first couples to legally marry in California.

The Rev. Jane Spahr, recently acquitted by a church council of officiating same-sex ceremonies before California made gay marriage legal, presided over the wedding between Sara Taylor, 54, and Sherrie Holmes, 57, at the Marin County Civic Center.

"I pronounced them married under the authority granted me by the state and as a minister of the Presbyterian Church," Spahr said after the service, attended by Holmes' 30-year-old daughter and longtime friends of the couple, who have been together 18 years this week. ...

read more: www.christianpost.com

2008/6/23 14:32Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re: Presbyterian (USA) Minister Officiates Gay Calif. Wedding

May the Lord bring true repentance.

I just wanted to clarify for others that there are still conservative Presbyterian denominations. The PCUSA is like this; however, there is still the conservative OPC, PCA, RPCNA, etc.

2008/6/23 16:10Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Thanks for posting this additional information brother. I had been wondering this very thing. It is very easy to forget that other brothers and sisters may not be familiar with all the denominations and their organizations. This info was very helpful.

2008/6/23 19:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy