Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : New Apostles

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I believe the Jesus the Chief Apostle and the twelve Apostles are the Foundational Rocks that Christ’s Church was built upon and we that precede them are builders.

But the problem is, the Scriptures name more than Jesus Christ and the twelve apostles as such. If you are not persuaded, it is because you are not looking at the Scriptures closely enough. Brother, consider:

Acts 14:14 But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard of it, they tore their robes and rushed out into the crowd, crying out

This is the first instance in Scripture that the apostle Paul is called an apostle. Yet, he is not called an apostle apart from Barnabas being called such as well. Notice the word in the above verse is plural: apostles. Therefore, if you conclude that there were only Jesus and the twelve, your conclusion is inconsistent with the testimony of Scripture, and needs to be reworked.

Furthermore, the passage you cite from 1 Corinthians 3 is inclusive of the apostolic ministry of Paul's fellow apostle, Apollos, who he compares to the apostle Peter and himself.

2008/6/24 8:12Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

Reply to KingJimmy

Acts 14:14 But when the [color=CC0000]apostles [/color] Barnabas and Paul heard of it, they tore their robes and rushed out into the crowd, crying out

Scripture can not be broken and I am wrong and thank you sir.

Eddie

2008/6/24 10:26Profile
rbanks

Re: to all

On the IPHC.org website there is a link call Apostolic Task Force Paper. There has been must study concerning apostles by IPHC preachers and this is their report and has been adopted.

There is a summary you can read. You will notice there are 3 levels of apostles. The foremost Apostle, Jesus Christ, the foundation apostles, and the functional apostles are their findings.

This report helps to clear up a lot of error today concerning new apostles. Today apostles are functional and can have the same anointing, same ministry, except no one has the right to extend on the foundation that has already been laid which is Jesus Christ.

Any so called apostle, who claims more than, or can add to the original, are false apostles.
Flee from them! -rbanks

2008/6/24 11:18Profile
wta

Canadian in America (Bremerton, WA) "A stranger in a strange land..."

Re:

Quote:

rowdy2 wrote:
Reply to KingJimmy

Acts 14:14 But when the [color=CC0000]apostles [/color] Barnabas and Paul heard of it, they tore their robes and rushed out into the crowd, crying out

Eddie

Well said rowdy2, glad to hear revelation and light has come to you on this. I thank the Lord for His word and His grace to lead us unto all truth.

All for souls,

wta

2008/6/24 16:00Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I am glad you agree :-)

2008/6/24 18:53Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

There is a summary you can read. You will notice there are 3 levels of apostles. The foremost Apostle, Jesus Christ, the foundation apostles, and the functional apostles are their findings.

I haven't read the article you cite, but I agree with their conclusions. It is clear from Scripture there are these 3 levels of apostleship. One being Christ Himself, two being the twelve, and then three being everybody else that has come since. Obviously, nobody can take the place of Christ.

The twelve existed not only to lay the foundation of the church and what it is to believe, but, according to Christ, in the resurrection they will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. Thus, their ministry cannot be fulfilled by any others but themselves. Such would also suggest why the ministry of the twelve had primarily to do with the Jews, and not the Gentiles (though, that is not to say there was no crossover, obviously there was).

Then the next level of "apostle" would be those men and women who continue to function in an apostolic calling. That is, they embody in themselves the quality of person a Christian is supposed to be, and are "foundational" in nature. Generally speaking, they will be pioneer missionaries/church planters who seek to establish the name of Christ where Christ is not already named, and they will seek to build up and edify already existing churches.

In breif, that is what an apostle does. For much weightier statements regarding apostolic ministry, see various sermons by Art Katz. Stay away from the likes of so-called apostles who associate themselves with C. Peter Wagner and company, who, in my opinion, are false apostles. They are men who are anything but apostolic.

2008/6/24 19:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy