SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why I went to college

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tjservant

Indiana USA

Why I went to college

I have shared this before. It may help someone…so I will share it again. I was called to attend university like one is called to a mission field…and it is a mission field.

Satan is active on this campus just like he is on the streets of Mexico, in the buildings of New York City, on the plains of Africa, and in the villages of India.

Is it an evil place? Yes. But is that not where some of God’s soldiers should be? I am not saying this is for everyone…but some are called to the wicked places, just like Paul was to Corinth.

We are called to be lights in the darkness. God has told me to shine my light at a university. I know that I may never get a piece of paper that says I graduated…and that’s fine because that is not why I am attending the school.

I would like to share some of the things God has done.

During my first semester one of my teachers had the entire class take a psychology based spiritual gifts test. I told the teacher I was apposed to such and that it would violate my conscience before God to be involved with it. He said that was okay as long as I wrote a paper explaining why. A few days after I had turned in my paper the teacher told me I had made several valid points (all from the Bible I might add) and he would re-think his testing.

Another teacher routinely shows two movies during her semester long speech class. After I told her I could not in good conscience watch the movies she said it was fine If I did not attend those days…and then she decided not to have the class watch the other movie.

I have had more than one teacher hold me after class to inform me that they appreciated my comments and that they had been challenged by them as well.

I’m well over thirty years old. The pressures and temptations one comes against while at university maybe be different for me that someone else.

If God is telling you to go to school…go to school.

If God is telling you not to go to school …don’t go to school.

If God is telling you to quit school…quit school.

Obedience is paramount.

Just remember…you can become compromised while sitting on a Church pew.

Grace and peace

2008/6/21 14:49Profile

Re: Why I went to college

Quote:

tjservant wrote:

If God is telling you to go to school…go to school.

If God is telling you not to go to school …don’t go to school.

If God is telling you to quit school…quit school.

Obedience is paramount.

Just remember…you can become compromised while sitting on a Church pew.

Thanks for your testimony, brother TJ...I don't remember reading it before. That's wonderful how the Lord has been able to use you at that university. It's so encouraging how the Lord can use us wherever we're at if we're yielded to Him and obedient to Him. Obedience is so key. If we're not obeying...we're certainly straying!

Press on in your faithful witnessing for Jesus at your university!

~Joy :-)

2008/6/21 20:35
theopenlife

Re:

Thanks for this post, TJ.

2008/6/21 21:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy