SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Love is the key...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mayIfearHim

Australia

Love is the key...

Amen.
Yet, does His love often prompt us to speak His Truth, full well knowing it may offend (or hurt, in some way) another? He is the 'Rock of Offense', yet, young in my faith as I am, I'm drawn to THIS ROCK. May He search out and find all that offends us, breaking us that we may more fully experience His love!

2008/6/20 21:59Profile
wta

Canadian in America (Bremerton, WA) "A stranger in a strange land..."

Re: Love is the key...

Paul, by the Spirit of God was VERY concerned not to offend when it came to doctrine and who would know better then one who preached and suffered and was offended more than any. Here is a sample of His heart...

Rom 14:20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for the man who eats with offense.
Rom 14:21 It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak.

It is like a plague in the post modern church and especially on Christian forums to sacrifice love, care and godly grace to tell another where they're wrong and how they need to change thinking they have some mantle from God to offend whomever they please because they represent the truth. How many saints must suffer mental abuse at the hands of these self proclaimed "watchmen"? In my life I have personally had to make major changes in my heart and MO with regards to this very issue and it truly takes a miracle to crack a heart of clay that believes that there is room to be unloving to represent He who is love. Thank the Lord that by His blood there is always a way.

All for souls,

wta

2008/6/20 22:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy