Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : prayer for missions trip

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
andres

texas,brownsville

prayer for missions trip

Saints,
i would like you to pray for me and a group of men going into mexico, to a small fishing isalnd of about 30 people. There is about 5 0r 6 believers on the isalnd. so we are going in to preach and teach , so that they may be encouraged and God willing the rest would come to Christ. please pray for or safety and for power and boldness to proclaim the Good news. also please pray for our wives who are back home. we should be gone for a week. and by they way my wife just found out she was pregnant, exciting things happening.
thank you
much love
andy

2008/6/20 10:38Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: prayer for missions trip

Pryaing.

And congrats!

2008/6/20 14:21Profile

Quote:
andres wrote:
I would like you to pray for me and a group of men going into mexico, to a small fishing isalnd of about 30 people. There is about 5 0r 6 believers on the isalnd. so we are going in to preach and teach , so that they may be encouraged and God willing the rest would come to Christ. please pray for or safety and for power and boldness to proclaim the Good news

Has the Lord sent you guys there to preach and teach? This is the question to ask. Because if He hasn't, this trip will be a complete failure. Indeed, in case you have gone there in your own good intentions and strength, I would pray that the Lord doesn't for a moment allow you to succeed in your initiative, so you don't get confident in your flesh. Do you realize that even if your preaching is really bold, and the remaining 25 people on the island get to sign a "conversion card," and everything else goes smoothly, this still doesn't mean you have done the will of God? On the contrary, if the Lord has indeed sent you there by His Spirit, He will give you the grace and the authority to carry out the work He has assigned you. But it seems you are focusing on conversions and numbers... which is not necessarily an indication of serving the Lord, that is, you have an agenda. And from here come all the fears and doubts, whether God will be in this with you really, and the generic prayers for power, boldness, etc. Oh Andres! When you are so joined to the purposes of the Lord, walking with Him daily and doing His will from the heart, His power will be with you. You will know He is with you and in you in the things you do. "For you have been crucified with Christ and you no longer live, but Christ lives in you." But if you have strayed from His perfect intention and have taken things into your own hands going on this trip, you have no reason to expect anything but embarrassment--no matter how hard you try to produce the good fruit in your flesh. Unless you are seeking honor and glory for yourself: these you can easily find in the world.

Being the hard word that it is, I do hope this helps.

In Christ,
Slavyan

2008/6/20 20:42

Re:

Praying!

2008/6/20 20:56
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Praying

Quote:
Has the Lord sent you guys there to preach and teach?

Has He sent you to pour out your presumptions and opinion to a question never asked ... here? What sort of overlooked pride might this be to read into matters a presupposition and then go on to teach a corrective and an outcome? Brother you need to step back and apply this medicine to yourself. The Pharisees were often met with disdain by the Lord Himself for this type of conduct.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=10733&forum=34&post_id=&refresh=Go]Jonathan Edwards - Undiscerned Spiritual Pride[/url]

Andres my prayers, may you be encouraged indeed.

Quote:
we are going in to preach and teach , so that they may be encouraged and God willing the rest would come to Christ

2008/6/21 8:15Profile

Re: prayer for missions trip Andy

I am so happy for you, that the Lord has opened a door, and you said yes. In my experience, something popped in me , when I first engaged the poor of the Earth with Christ Jesus. I have never been the same.

In retrospect, I believe it was His heart. "How can they believe, unless they hear?"How can they hear, unless one goes and proclaims?

I remember a woman that was thrown on top of a trash pile, sinking into the stench. She was sick, and delirious. I stopped, stunned, and cried out,spontaneous to any forethought, "Doesn't anyone care!??" I ministered to her.

God was with me and I did not know it. I pray , and believe that God will be with you. Jesus never forsook the one, for the many,,,over and over and over, he modeled the Fathers compassion for all, without preferring His Love; without "respect of persons."

Let us know when you arrive, and I too will pray.

The name of the island , and the people group would be nice too. I honor your endeavors, and may the Lord increase your holy seed.

2008/6/21 16:22
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:

crsschk wrote:
Has He sent you to pour out your presumptions and opinion to a question never asked ... here? What sort of overlooked pride might this be to read into matters a presupposition and then go on to teach a corrective and an outcome? Brother you need to step back and apply this medicine to yourself. The Pharisees were often met with disdain by the Lord Himself for this type of conduct.

Dear Mike, may I ask you something brother, could it be that what our brother wrote was a solid food and you was not able to swallow it up at this point? Could it be that maybe with your interference you are stopping something that the Holy Spirit is trying to communicate here? Are you sure that what our brother wrote is not something that the Spirit through his marvelous ways is about to say something to some brother and sister here, that was needed to be said? This could be andres, or maybe someone else?

Brother, when you said "you need to step back", are you sure that saying this you are not saying "step back" to the Holy Spirit?

Some thoughts for consideration:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17491&forum=34]Apostolic Foundations[/url]

2008/6/21 18:37Profile

Re:

Hello brother Andres,

May the Lord bless you and the others as you travel to this island and use you to encourage and strengthen the believers even as God used Barnabas amongst the Christians in Antioch.

[i]"Then tidings of these things came unto the ears of the church which was in Jerusalem: and they sent forth Barnabas, that he should go as far as Antioch.
23 Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord.
24 For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord." Acts 11:22-24[/i]

And I'll be praying for many people to be added to the Lord as you go forth to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Let us know how it goes.

~Joy

2008/6/21 20:23
tjservant

Indiana USA

Praying brother.

2008/6/21 20:34Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Praying

Quote:
But it seems you are focusing on conversions and numbers... which is not necessarily an indication of serving the Lord, that is, you have an agenda. And from here come all the fears and doubts, whether God will be in this with you really

Quote:
Could it be that maybe with your interference you are stopping something that the Holy Spirit is trying to communicate here?

Interference is a good word here, to my chagrin I wonder if it is worth it and it bothers when these things become a distraction in themselves. Fewer words would have been better.

Discouragement, doubts and fears are not to my knowledge the expression of the Holy Spirit. This is an accusation and the agenda is bearing upon the one who brought it. This was simply a request for prayer not advice, it's pontificating and presumption.

If we must presume ...

[i]Are we willing for the humiliation of failure, allowed and established by God Himself, despite our best well-meaning intentions? It is only out of the debris and death of that failure, and the mortification of it, that a man can be formed whom God can send. Can a man be formed in any other way? There is something about failure, especially when it is born out of the best well-meaning intentions to serve God, that does the depth of work in the human soul like nothing else can.[/i]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17491&forum=34]Apostolic Foundations [/url]

2008/6/22 8:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy