SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Scriptures on Posting in Forums?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
wta

Canadian in America (Bremerton, WA) "A stranger in a strange land..."

Scriptures on Posting in Forums?

Did Jesus know 2000 years ago that we would have "Christian" forums and did He know the dangers of communicating anonymously with no accountability but a username? I think He did and I KNOW He addressed this very issue when He wrote...

Mat 25:40b 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.'

All for souls,

wta

2008/6/19 19:26Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Scriptures on Posting in Forums?

There is indeed the danger of lack of accountability in this forum by its very nature.
The same applies to many a Christian Media Organization.
I trust that the moderators who in a sense act as elders are doing their best to keep a good code of practise and bring guidance and correction where necessary.

We see many encouraging examples of godly discourse here, but there are also blogs that display strife and discord whithout coming to an amicable conclusion. We know us by our blogs but cannot share our lifes together as we can in a church. You can share your spiritual thoughts here but at the same time have a tab open with some questionable content (hehe), only God knows.
We can confess sins here but not break bread together. SI should never be a substitute for a church. Our first accountability should be towards our own local church. Many here came out of apostate churches or are in the process of trying to find the right fellowship. I have heard of folk who are not in fellowship for a long time and were wandering around. They see SI as their church which is not recommendable.

I think we should see us just as a forum and an excellent resource, not more.

narrowpath

2008/6/19 20:02Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Scriptures on Posting in Forums?

Quote:
Did Jesus know 2000 years ago that we would have "Christian" forums and did He know the dangers of communicating anonymously with no accountability but a username?

Yes, and I believe every sentence we type here goes on record with God. May the Lord open our eyes to this truth and cause us to weigh our words in these forums accordingly. The weight of eternity is upon all of us.

2008/6/19 20:09Profile
wta

Canadian in America (Bremerton, WA) "A stranger in a strange land..."

Re:

narrowpath,

Well said and a good perspective on forum posting, I hold a similar perspective.

PaulWest,

Also well said, the weight of every word will be accounted for. I am very impressed that you and this site holds this perspective as I too feel it is vital to a safe environment for God's people to converse. May the Lord grant continued courage to balance love and mercy with justice in the governance of this forum.
I believe our gracious Lord loves us through all our issues including bad/incorrect doctrine as I am living proof of this mercy. I have flipped over on so many doctrines I can't count them but it is love that has always been the foundation, His love.
Holding the line of our convictions can be touchy business and I have been through much to come to a place where I could have a glimpse of the Love it takes to be godly, true and RIGHT without being unloving. For to be true and right without love holds penalties that surly outweigh all that could be gained by being true and right yet without love. I think over the years of being right and true yet to whatever level sacrificing love to stand in my correctness, I can say that I too have touched the mind of a Pharisee. I can say that I have known the sound of clanging cymbals and resounding gongs as they have been the very utterances of my own heart...
Oh what a wretched life I have known. Thank Jesus for His eternal grace that has walked us out off of the wide road of pride to and through the narrow gate of humility, grace and mercy.

All for souls,

wta

2008/6/19 21:14Profile
boG

Las Vegas, NV

Re: by thy words

"I judge all things only by the price they shall gain in eternity.” - [b]John Wesley[/b]

Let us also be of this same mind.

[b]Matthew 12[/b]
36. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak ([b]or communicate[/b]), they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

[b]Hebrews 12[/b]
1. Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2. Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

And, a final word from King Solomon,

[b]Ecclesiastes 12[/b]
8. "Vanity of vanities," says the Preacher, "all is vanity!"
9. In addition to being a wise man, the Preacher also taught the people knowledge; and he pondered, searched out and arranged many proverbs.
10. The Preacher sought to find delightful words and to write words of truth correctly ([b]even applying to SermonIndex.net, for us[/b]).
11. The words of wise men are like goads, and masters of these collections are like well-driven nails; they are given by one Shepherd.
12. But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books ([b]and blogs and threads[/b]) is endless, and excessive devotion to books ([b]and audio sermons[/b]) is wearying to the body.
13. [b]The conclusion, when all has been heard, is[/b]: [u]fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person[/u].
14. [b]For God will bring [u]every act[/u] to judgment, everything which is hidden, [u]whether it is good or evil[/u][/b].

2008/6/19 21:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy