SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How to Print Bibles?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BlazedbyGod

How to Print Bibles?

Can anyone suggest, a good, cost efficient way to print Holy Bibles?

I work part-time at a christian bookstore-but I am resigning because I do not believe in "corrupting" (selling, peddling,) the Word of God as Paul states in 2 Cor 2:17. And of course our Lord & Saviour's own words " ...freely ye have received, freely give".

I have heard Ravenhill sermons, where he mentioned how John Wesley " printed Bibles"-I want to learn how to do this, so that I may distribute and provide the Word of God.

Does anyone know a good way to do this (print Bibles), or does anyone know of any website or Church that will provide KJV Holy Bibles free of charge?

Any suggestion or information helps and is much appreciated. :-)

2008/6/18 12:49Profile
JoanM

Re: How to Print Bibles?

These ideas are not exactly what you asked for. But.... Have you considered soliciting used KJV bibles? Churches up-date pew Bibles. I think we sent KJV to Good Will or a local homeless shelter. I recall that some hotel chain removed Giddion bibles (KJV?) Buy and Sell is a free to advertize weekly in my area. A local Christian book store may let you put a collection box in their store. (Helps them sell new bibles. Spiritual growth with your past employer?)Would the Bible League join with you? Just quick thoughts in freely department

2008/6/18 13:07Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

If you wish to distribute and hand out Bibles;
contact the Gideons ministry in your local area.
They would be happy to provide you with the #
of Bibles you need!!

2008/6/18 18:18Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Pocketpower.org gives free gospels of John.

2008/6/18 20:05Profile
MikeH

BlazedbyGod asked

Quote:
Does anyone know a good way to do this (print Bibles), or does anyone know of any website or Church that will provide KJV Holy Bibles free of charge?

I couldn't match the suggestion about the Gideons, but IBSDirect (the sales arm of International Bible Society) will sell you KJV bibles for under $2 and NTs for less than $1 if you order a reasonable number. I hope I will be forgiven if I am breaching any rules on advertising :-) I'm not on commission 8-) only trying to help.

By the time you have bought a printing press, created the plates, bought the paper and the ink and guillotined and bound the books, I doubt your own costs would be below $10 per bible. Cheap books are printed in the far east and if you wanted to make your own arrangements with a far eastern printer you might get a better deal than IBS, but it would be hard work and you would need to buy many thousands to make it worth while for them.

Gideons or IBS direct or any other ministry involved in bible printing or distribution would probably be your best solution. Hope that helps.

Mike

2008/6/19 5:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy