SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Zeal without Love

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Mattie

Zeal without Love

Revelations 2:2-5 "I know your works, your labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars; and you have persevered and have patience, and have labored for My name's sake and have not become weary. Nevertheless, I have this against you: you have left your first love. Remember therefore from where you have fallen, and do the first works, lest I come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place - unless you repent."

It's possible to be doing much "for the Lord", laboring, hating evil, standing up for righteousness, testing "false" apostles and preachers, yet to still be missing the mark. I'm wary when all I hear from preachers is what everybody is doing wrong. I believe there is a place for "prophetic" men to exalt truth and stand against deception. But I believe it MUST be balanced with messages on the awesome love and grace of Christ.

As straightforward and real the messages that the prophets of Israel spoke were, remember they also spoke much of the coming Christ and the work of Calvary.

The top priority on the list in God's eyes is loving Him with ALL our heart, mind, soul and strength. Isn't this the essence of revival? "Revive us Lord that we may rejoice in Thee"

It's easy to notice an "Ephesian" church. There tends to be a bitterness in their voice when they preach rather than a "burden" of God. There tends to be alot of zeal with a lack of compassion for others. There tends to be alot of fire and brimstone, and very little on the mercy and compassion of God. There tends to be alot of examination of others and a lack of examining ourselves.

We all (myself included) would do well to daily check our own hearts and ask the Holy Spirit to shed the love of God abroad our hearts.

2008/6/16 14:43Profile
Alf

Miami, FL

Re: Zeal without Love

all i heard in my thoughts as i read what you wrote was simply "prayer".

i have found and i think the majority agree that if your Zeal or even discipline is greater then your prayer life you are out of balance.

If one loves the Lord and works for him then he must love even more a secret prayer life in his closet when its just God and your heart, soul and mind on the altar. anyway thats just a thought. God bless !:D

Edit: and the above is simply what we must concentrate on a personal relationship with him which takes in the Good and the bad but in the end sheds light on the glory of God's grace. If we preach Christ we preach love and both aspects of love which is love for the righteous and hate for evil and this love and hate it only develped and practiced in a healthy manner when a saint has a strong relationship with the Lord which only come through prayer.

2008/6/16 14:48Profile
Mattie

Re:

amen to that

2008/6/16 14:50Profile
Alf

Miami, FL

Re:

i threw in a last minute edit lol:

and the above is simply what we must concentrate on, a personal relationship with him which takes in the Good and the bad but in the end sheds light on the glory of God's grace. If we preach Christ we preach love and both aspects of love which are love for what is righteous and hate for what is evil and this love and hate is only developed and practiced in a healthy manner when a saint has a strong relationship with the Lord which only come through prayer.

2008/6/16 14:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy