SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Apathy regarding Prayer and the Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Apathy regarding Prayer and the Bible

I have found that generally People including me are apathatic when it comes to prayer!
To get people euthuastic about prayer is hard!
Because so many disasters have happened, having the energy to pray for the same thing gets weary!

2008/6/13 12:42Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Apathy regarding Prayer and the Bible

What do you mean by praying for the same thing? What disasters do you mean?

Is prayer hard, or is it that we suppose we have to 'feel' something when praying?

As it is, the enemy would stop at nothing to stop us praying. But we do have our responsibilities too.

The thing about prayer is, just do it. We just need to be obedient to what God has said.

I look at the scripture when Jesus was in the wilderness fasting 40 days and nights. No t.v, internet, telephone, no games, gadgets, people etc.

Just God.

How would we have handled it?

Just food for thought.

2008/6/13 12:57Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I was more meaning to catch the current apathy towards prayer in church!

2008/6/13 13:26Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Quote:
The thing about prayer is, just do it. We just need to be obedient to what God has said.

AMEN!

2008/6/13 16:58Profile
death2self

Washington DC area

Re:

How often has it been for me, that I have not because I ask not (paraphrasing Pastor James)? So, the Holy Spirit has to root out the unbelief and that's quite painful.

We oftentimes don't pray because we don't expect Jesus to do anything. If we need more money, we take out a loan or get another job, we don't take it to Jesus. If we're sick, we run to the doctor.

We don't pray because we don't need Jesus. Lord change this in my heart. Are we sick and tired of being sick and tired? I surely am...

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and have gotten riches, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art the wretched one and miserable and poor and blind and naked:

Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold refined by fire, that thou mayest become rich; and white garments, that thou mayest clothe thyself, and that the shame of thy nakedness be not made manifest; and eyesalve to anoint thine eyes, that thou mayest see.

Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I reprove and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

2008/6/13 22:25Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy