SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Sermon Server Space.. (slight problem)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

The current status of the server migration is thus: The Linux server is up and going well, brother Craig is getting some software ready so I can upload sermons to the server. All the functions of the server are locked down except for people accessing the files. So it should be very secure. On the older server I am organizing files and updating files on SI so it will be clean to move them over, if you notice any broken links to the media content during the move please let me know. If all goes well all the sermons should be over on the new server in about 2-3 days. And I can run a script to update the sql database so everythung syncs to the new server.

[u]Please continue to pray during the next 2-3 days for me as I do this work, also brother craig and the security of the sermons on the servers. Thank you dear saints.[/u]

2004/8/18 23:31Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Starting tonight we are copying the files over to the linux server, hopefully going to let it run overnight [b]please pray[/b] that it will not crash or stop so all the files can be over on the linux server sometime tommorow. 26 files done 4460 to go.

Once the files are on the linux server it will be a much more safe enviroment and will be much more easier to maintain the sermons in that enviroment. Also pray for brother Craig he has put alot of work into this move and has been helping tremoundsly what a dear brother in the Lord.

2004/8/19 21:03Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

In hindsight it has been quite remarkable how well SermonIndex has functioned since it's inception. The reach of this ministry may never be truely known, but the encouargements that come in and Greg has posted provide a glimspe and cause this poor fool to rejoice. It's what it's all about.

Lars's words more than suffice:

Let us continue to pray and support this outstanding ministry.

2004/8/19 23:00Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
In hindsight it has been quite remarkable how well SermonIndex has functioned since it's inception. The reach of this ministry may never be truely known, but the encouargements that come in and Greg has posted provide a glimspe and cause this poor fool to rejoice. It's what it's all about.

Its truly something divine brother Mike that there have been so few problems with SI and the servers. I think brother Lars raises a great point that there is much spiritual confict in these type of ministry and technical problems usually arise alot. Please [b]keep praying[/b] for the copying of the 40 gigs of sermons to the new server it ran fine overnight and is nearing completion. Once that is done there will be a few more files I will have to work on to get over, and then run a script to change the ip address for the database and the new server should be up and going.

Also brother Craig will hopefully be doing another backup of the content to his own server [b]pray[/b] that goes well. And there is a few small details with the new linux server brother Craig still needs to figure out, please [b]pray[/b] for that to work out. Thank you all.

2004/8/20 9:37Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

It appears that the files were moved in an improper format ACSII, and there are alot of glitches with the audio files. I think I will have to try and copy them again to the next server. Your continued prayers are greatly needed so that these sermons can continue to be offered on the web. Thank you.

2004/8/20 22:29Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Ah, sorry brother. Will keep this before Him.

2004/8/20 22:37Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Ah, sorry brother. Will keep this before Him.

yes abit disappointing considering the amount of time it takes aprox. 15-20 hours. I know the Lord has His hand on this and things will work out. I also was able to get my new computer today! I have to install it and get it going.

AMD Anthlon 2800 processor
ABIT NF7 Series motherboard
ASUS aprox $100 graphics AGP card
512 DDR Ram
80gig SATA Hard Drive
Antec case

All of this for around $780CAN

Plus I have my existing $300 soundcard, DVD-RW.

I put the machine together today and am going to install windows either today or tommorow. Its very exciting to have a computer that can actually do the things I need to do for this ministry now! ;-) I am really praying about getting more into audio restoration, a brother in florida has been working on this and is willing to help teach me some of the skills I would need to restore many of the audio recordings at SermonIndex.

2004/8/20 22:45Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

On the other hand...

That's great Brother, know you have been wanting to do this for awhile. Sounds like a decent rig. Funny, thought my 40 gig would be more than enough and now ....

Can still remember when 250 MB was a 'huge' drive.

2004/8/21 0:22Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

15-20 hours is a painstaking affair here and right now.
But, in relation to eternal values...
We keep on praying.
Lars

2004/8/21 2:13Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
That's great Brother, know you have been wanting to do this for awhile. Sounds like a decent rig. Funny, thought my 40 gig would be more than enough and now ....

Yes I am very excited about this.. there are 46gigs of sermons so I can actually get them all onto my 60gig paritation as a backup here on my computer and in turn copy it to my removable hard drive that has 120mb space. Please continue to pray its going to take awhile to get all these sermons down and I was doing a good speed of .12-.2mbs for the sermons overnight but now its down to an average of 45KB/s. It will take a few more days to get them all down and I want to have the wisdom to check and ensure they are all intact and its a good backup.

Well brother Mike at least all of this I have a half-decent monitor also. 19" flat screen benQ. It's great on the eyes considering I am watching the screen alot of the day. Praise God for allowing me to upgrade all these things so that this ministry can continue and not be hindered technology wise.

2004/8/22 12:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy