SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Ananias and Sapphira: Where are the Peters to stand up against them!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Ananias and Sapphira: Where are the Peters to stand up against them!

Acts 5:1-11
1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession. 2 And he kept back part of the proceeds, his wife also being aware of it, and brought a certain part and laid it at the apostles' feet. 3 But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? 4 While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God." 5 Then Ananias, hearing these words, fell down and breathed his last. So great fear came upon all those who heard these things. 6 And the young men arose and wrapped him up, carried him out, and buried him. 7 Now it was about three hours later when his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 And Peter answered her, "Tell me whether you sold the land for so much?" She said, "Yes, for so much." 9 Then Peter said to her, "How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out." 10 Then immediately she fell down at his feet and breathed her last. And the young men came in and found her dead, and carrying her out, buried her by her husband. 11 So great fear came upon all the church and upon all who heard these things.

Peter a man of God who stood up to the deception in his day and the holy spirit layed dead those that lied to the Holy Spirit!
It has been crossing my mind what relevance this has to this day, an age in which there is so much deception.
How many People have lied to God in church services and even ourselves.
Do we need this fear again?

An example after that was Athenius
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athanasius]Athenius [/url]
who fought for the doctrine of the Trinity against the views of Arius.

This story of Peter and Athenius typfies that deception in itself can be destroyed and we do not have to put up with it.
If peter for one moment let the part truth of Ananias dealings behind his back, Peter would not be Peter.

This is not the only false person to be carried out dead in the book of Jeremiah.

Jer 20:6 - Show Context
And you, Pashhur, and all who dwell in your house, shall go into captivity. You shall go to Babylon, and there you shall die, and be buried there, you and all your friends, to whom you have prophesied lies.' "

This is what it says about false prophets!

Jer 14:14 - Show Context
And the Lord said to me, "The prophets prophesy lies in My name. I have not sent them, commanded them, nor spoken to them; they prophesy to you a false vision, divination, a worthless thing, and the deceit of their heart.

La 2:14 - Show Context
Your prophets have seen for you False and deceptive visions; They have not uncovered your iniquity, To bring back your captives, But have envisioned for you false prophecies and delusions.

Eze 22:28 - Show Context
Her prophets plastered them with untempered mortar, seeing false visions, and divining lies for them, saying, 'Thus says the Lord God,' when the Lord had not spoken.

If these people knew how the Lord of Glory how he sees deception and lies in his Name.
If our god is the same yesterday, today and forever and we have people lying about the Holy Spirit left right and centre.
Is not the same response from God justified!
I have been mulling this story over in my head the story mainly of Peter and Anianas and Sappira!
Concerning the many deceptions that Plague our land and our world, gods grace for even our lies.
He is the only one who has absolute right to deal with these situations.

When Jesus returns these men will look such fools placating men for mere gain or power.
My question is there still any Peters to yet stand up to any Sapphira's or any Pauls to stand up to any Peters so that deceptions can lie dead and the Holy Spirit cannot be lied to!

2008/6/10 21:09Profile

Re: Ananias and Sapphira: Where are the Peters to stand up against them!

The great advantage that the early church had was established Authority, with a very direct and short link to Jesus Himself. IE, Peter and the 12 , and Paul, who was acknowledged by Jerusalem.

Outside of an Elijah, dripping with the raw power of God, and him being sent into Divine encounters as Elijah was, there is no enforcement of that Authority. There are perhaps 10,000 splits and fractures in the body of Christ, [denominations, splinter groups and cults, mixed with the true...] and each dances to the beat of their own drum.

At least a part of the answer is found in the parable of the 10 virgins, which I believe is especially relevant for the END Times, the "End of the Age." I believe that we are now, today, entering this era. All asleep, the Alarm trumpet sounds in a dark night...All awake, only half of them have oil to burn in their lamps. This speaks of Holy Spirit endorsement; Those, that through obedience, and bearing the command to love God all ways, and others, are anointed with the oil of the Spirit, and let their lights shine.

Can you imagine anyone rebuking a pastor in another part of your city? for any reason? Bug off!, with the left foot of fellowship. They would probably have you arrested!

But in the days of darkness, a flat plain will appear, one of a desperation for the presence of the Lord. All the false will be defined for what it is, for it will be apparent in that day, who belongs to Jesus, and also apparent who just claimed to be. Then we may see power encounters like Peter had, when the purity of the Church is again definable; obvious.

Many will repent, in that day, and come out of Babylon, and when the Church begins to look like a pure and spotless Bride again, we can be assured that The Lord, whose Name is JEALOUS, will visit us once more. Ananias and Sapphira were struck by the Holy Spirit Himself so that this young child would not be defiled by lies and greed. Then, everyone was terrified , and no man dared join them, but the Lord added such daily, that he ordained.

"Do not think that I have come to bring Peace,, NO!,,,but I have come to bring Division....", Jesus cried. This is the spirit in which Ananias and his wife were condemned. A divine reaction for the Lord to protect His Holiness, for without holiness, no man will see God!

It is then, that we will see the Peters, and the Deborahs' too!

2008/6/12 18:38
death2self

Washington DC area

Re:

Quote:
My question is there still any Peters to yet stand up to any Sapphira's or any Pauls to stand up to any Peters so that deceptions can lie dead and the Holy Spirit cannot be lied to!

The Lord brought Peter through, even though he denied Jesus and returned to his vocation as a fisherman.

I'm trusting Jesus for a remnant that will speak the truth in love without anger or bitterness but will simply speak a straight word of God and leave the results to Him.

2008/6/13 23:04Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy